How do you guys feel about prosecutors using rap lyrics in indictments?

Plenty of songs. Some of the biggest ones.

9C9A8CC0-AD33-4EC7-A19E-1670EAE1491A.png
Before I can even address this comparison, what brought us to Thug being investigated in the first? Did they really just hear some music and brought him in? Im not about to sit up here and defend stupidity, idc how black it is.

I think you're confusing how these lyrics are being used in this situation. These lyrics aren't pieces of evidence, they're being used to show character and intent.

"Your honor, these individuals shouldn't be granted bail because not only do we have hard evidence of them committing crimes (phone calls, receipts, etc) and seized illegal weapons from their homes, they also rap about committing crimes and how they might use these weapons" If you let these dangerous individuals out on bail they will be dangers to the public."

See below……

They got *****s for using old Wayne rap quotes under their Instagram pictures :lol:

E915A3F0-B244-40BD-B838-628E7250280E.png

“Suit up and lace your boots, it’s war time”

An overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy

:rofl:
:smh:

Now read this article.

The lyrics should be inherently protected. Gunna doesn’t have bond…because he is pictured with a YSL chain on social media and does handshakes. That is literally in the indictment as evidence “in furtherance of a conspiracy” . Along with random lyrics.

Never mind, that he signed to an established record label as an artist. That is insane.

Before I can even address this comparison, what brought us to Thug being investigated in the first? Did they really just hear some music and brought him in? Im not about to sit up here and defend stupidity, idc how black it is.

If Thug was wilding and committing crimes, them people need to do they jobs and prove it. And he should be rightfully investigated.

Not use some random, semi vague rap lyrics as evidence.

I’m not even defending stupidity. There is a clear difference. The funniest thing is, thug got way more direct lyrics in his music to actual crimes. They just can’t decipher it :lol:.

If Thug was wilding and committing crimes, them people need to do they jobs and prove it. And he should be rightfully investigated.

Not use some random, semi vague rap lyrics as evidence.

I’m not even defending stupidity. There is a clear difference. The funniest thing is, thug got way more direct lyrics in his music to actual crimes. They just can’t decipher it :lol:.
So the did just hear some stuff and bring in?? :smh: Thats the **** I was talking about earlier. Now its just turning into law enforcement being lazy. Meanwhile, the actual perpetrator is still out and killing.

Thats song also said he was in prison for going so……..in the second line.
I gave you what you asked for.

like I said on page 1, going after the white community and their music, and you put their music on trial, that they hold dear to their hearts and minds, you will see a furious backlash.

from the jump hip-hop/rap was never considered music/art in the eyes and ears of major music institutions, but look at where hip-hop/rap is now, made people millions and turned a few into billionaires.

a crime is crime and people who commit them should be prosecuted as such.
but this is America anything black is considered a crime, even if its protected by the 1st amendment rights.

I'll like to see this prosecutor one day go after white musicians who commit the same crime as ysl, ybn and see if the same legal tactics and justice will be applied. Just to see if she's a fair and balance prosecutor.

Last edited:
The RICO/racketeering statute was literally created to bring down the MOB… white folks are being held accountable also when it comes to those situations.

We all know them folks have had it out against us since the inception of this country. They’ve always had envy against black people.

John Lennon’s killer is still trying to get parole to this day and has been denied 11 times.

Again, we all know art imitates life. I’m sure some of the things Nas, Jay-Z, Snoop, Juvenile/Hot Boys, etc were true but these dudes rhymed in a way that law enforcement couldn’t prove it to be true.

These new rappers are literally stupid enough to disclose information in their songs WITH real life evidence backing it. ALONG, with recording and posting everything they do, on social media.

This generation is obsessed with recording everything. OBSESSED with attention. They’ve made the job of law enforcement easy.

Play with them peoples money and they coming at whomever. From Bernie Madoff, to John Gotti, etc. messed with their money or bottom line and they coming at you, regardless of color.

Last edited:
So the did just hear some stuff and bring in?? :smh: Thats the **** I was talking about earlier. Now its just turning into law enforcement being lazy. Meanwhile, the actual perpetrator is still out and killing.

What?

I gave you what you asked for.

like I said on page 1, going after the white community and their music, and you put their music that they hold dear to their hearts and minds, you will see furious backlash.

from the jump hip-hop/rap was never considered music/art in the eyes and ears of major music institutions, but look at where hip-hop/rap is now, made people millions and turned a few into billionaires.

a crime is crime and people who commit them should be prosecuted as such.
but this is America anything black is considered a crime, even if its protected by the 1st amendment rights.

I'll like to see this prosecutor one day go after white musicians who commit the same crime as ysl, ybn and see if the same legal tactics and justice will be applied. Just to see if she's a fair and balance prosecutor.
Before I can even bring race into it, I need to know if there was an investigation beforehand. If there was an investigation already going on, based on prior evidence and they’re using the lyrics to fill in some blanks, it is what it is, dudes need to move smarter. But if DA just thinks Thug is wack and is blaming Thug for Atlanta’s crime, THEN we can play the race card like a 2 of spades on the second hand.

Before I can even bring race into it, I need to know if there was an investigation beforehand. If there was an investigation already going on, based on prior evidence and they’re using the lyrics to fill in some blanks, it is what it is, dudes need to move smarter. But if DA just thinks Thug is wack and is blaming Thug for Atlanta’s crime, THEN we can play the race card like a 2 of spades on the second hand.
I'm no lawyer, nor have i extensively been following this case, but a common pattern in American society when its pertains to black culture is of criminal nature when they judge us, regardless if zero crime is committed. Like I said I gave you what you asked for, and that's that, all I want to see if the prosecutor can pull out the same cards when dealing with white folks and their culture and behavior.

I'm no lawyer, nor have i extensively been following this case, but a common pattern in American society when its pertains to black culture is of criminal nature when they judge us, regardless if zero crime is committed. Like I said I gave you what you asked for, and that's that, all I want to see if the prosecutor can pull out the same cards when dealing with white folks and their culture and behavior.

Common sense, we all know white people commit the most crimes and use the most government assistance. Statistics alone would tell you. The US is 58% white and 12% black but a lot of people are to dense or just don’t care to use their brains.

They do more drugs than us, drink more, etc. numbers alone would explain that. But a lot of black people seek acceptance from them, instead of realizing that they wield a lot of power but a lack confidence keeps holding them back.

There really are black people out here who have this notion that we commit more crimes, or participate in more illegal activity than white people. Which is sad and laughable at the same time

Last edited:
If people are committing crimes that are hurting our community I am OK with using their lyrics to prosecute them. That would be my answer if the justice system was fair and not inherently racist with racist prosecutors and cops that we all know lie. The problem I see is the inherent issue in hip hop music of being authentic and speaking your truth. Countless rappers have had their careers ruined for telling lies about what they rap about.

But these ain’t that tho. These are hella generic. This more like a “Who shot ya”

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

“Just screw it, take it to trial”
“We got a hundred rounds”

Now the last one…is a lil more like evidence, but that’s super generic.

“Me and my crew, striking out. Striking in all black. Send me the drop. We’ll kick in the house. If we still a car, we gon take off the tags”

Is it super generic if they did those exact things in the DrugRixh case according to what she described? What about some of the lyrics that you KNOW? Like the one about shooting Lucci's mama's house up?

I'm also not going to sit here and play dumb as if lyrics alone are about to sit Young Thug and the ones who were really putting in work in that YSL ****. We can sit here and talk what's fair and isn't all you day long as far as "free speech". You and I both know what they were doing and what comes with it. The rap lyrics being a topic of discussion in these cases rank VERY LOW on the list of what really matters here. Subtract ALL of the rap lyric **** out of that indictment (I read the whole thing) and all of them ****** except maybe Gunna are still sitting in a cell right now and awaiting trial.

This **** is extremely trivial to me. A dangerous precedent is being set here overall beyond the YSL case. I went down a Philly rap rabbit hole and co-incidentally the same day the Philly DA warned that indictments were coming and name dropped several "rap crews". As a grown man...listening to what I listened to...I'd have to have a serious cognitive dissonance to say when those ****** end up getting spanked that they should have been protected by "free speech" based on what I see/hear (and I listen in detail). They are literally SNITCHING on themselves.

Last edited:
I think it's a nasty precedent being set and law enforcement should not be able to use lyrics as evidence under any circumstance.

I don't care how incriminating it sounds. Do your job and get real evidence. Funny how the free-speech advocates on the right are ok with this.

Last edited:
Is it super generic if they did those exact things in the DrugRixh case according to what she described? What about some of the lyrics that you KNOW? Like the one about shooting Lucci's mama's house up?

I'm also not going to sit here and play dumb as if lyrics alone are about to sit Young Thug and the ones who were really putting in work in that YSL ****. We can sit here and talk what's fair and isn't all you day long as far as "free speech". You and I both know what they were doing and what comes with it. The rap lyrics being a topic of discussion in these cases rank VERY LOW on the list of what really matters here. Subtract ALL of the rap lyric **** out of that indictment (I read the whole thing) and all of them ****** except maybe Gunna are still sitting in a cell right now and awaiting trial.

This **** is extremely trivial to me. A dangerous precedent is being set here overall beyond the YSL case. I went down a Philly rap rabbit hole and co-incidentally the same day the Philly DA warned that indictments were coming and name dropped several "rap crews". As a grown man...listening to what I listened to...I'd have to have a serious cognitive dissonance to say when those ****** end up getting spanked that they should have been protected by "free speech" based on what I see/hear (and I listen in detail). They are literally SNITCHING on themselves.

Oh, I have no morality say so etc in this. Or am I pretending like *****s are innocent and should face no consequences.

I’m just pointing out, how lazy it is…and truly arguably “unconstitutional” (if that is even a thing…cuz that **** don’t really apply to *****s). But to the point of OPs thread, it shouldn’t be used in these cases if they’re relatively vague.

And the Thug/Lucci mama house ****, is still vague if we looking at the facts of the case and comparing it to the actual lyrics. **** like that should be thrown out to me. It’s irrelevant based on the legal precedents etc. A good lawyer could make that case.

But *****s got 100s of songs talking about shooting cribs up. Granny’s, mamas etc. Thug said “I shot up his mama house, now he don’t mention me.” But we know for a fact that Thug himself, actually did not shoot up Lucci Mama house.

I agree, self snitching comes with the consequences in this world that we live in. And *****s should wisen up about the realities of the current state of the world we really in, and your place in it. But the vague lyrics in rap ****, nah.

I think Based Jesus Based Jesus nicely summed it up.

Committing crimes and then alluding to them should be protected
Committing crimes and then intimately detailing them, should not

I think it's a nasty precedent being set and law enforcement should not be able to use lyrics as evidence under any circumstance.

I don't care how incriminating it sounds. Do your job and get real evidence. Funny how the free-speech advocates on the right are ok with this.

Ya'll keep saying this "do your job" **** as if lyrics are the ONLY evidence in these cases :lol:

****** got wiretapped jail convos, snitches, pinged phones off cell towers, etc...but let's frame this whole conversation as if is law enforcement just sat and listened to some Young Thug songs and built an entire case.

…. They have real EVIDENCE….

“Do your job”? These dumb criminals is doing the job FOR them. The “record and post everything” generation needs to be smarter…. :lol: :lol:

Stop recording and posting your every move

Ya'll keep saying this "do your job" **** as if lyrics are the ONLY evidence in these cases :lol:

****** got wiretapped jail convos, snitches, pinged phones off cell towers, etc...but let's frame this whole conversation as if is law enforcement just sat and listened to some Young Thug songs and built an entire case.

Bingo! Came to say this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lyrics shouldn’t be evidence period. It should inadmissible.

And if you used lyrics to get to anything else that should be thrown out too.

Lyrics shouldn’t be evidence period. It should inadmissible.

And if you used lyrics to get to anything else that should be thrown out too.

People literally are being prosecuted for Facebook posts and messages…. You think they not gone prosecute lyrics?

Prosecutors even use text messages in cases these days…..

But y’all need lyrics to be left out?

💯💯💯

They literally have receipts of vehicles that young thug rented and were used in the commission of murders and cats are in this thread talking about "law enforcement needs to do their job" 🤣

Crime has gotten crazy here in Atlanta and people always say that law enforcement should do something about it and step up their efforts and the moment law enforcement does something people continue to complain.

People literally are being prosecuted for Facebook posts and messages…. You think they not gone prosecute lyrics?

Prosecutors even use text messages in cases these days…..

But y’all need lyrics to be left out?

So they should be able to criminalize an art form and strip the artists first amendment rights?

That’s what you’re ok with?

So they should be able to criminalize an art form and strip the artists first amendment rights?

That’s what you’re ok with?

What apart of they got real BODIES and evidence don’t you understand? If you gone use the art form, at LEAST be cunning enough not to talk about or disclose murders and whatnot in your songs:lol: :lol: :lol:

Use metaphors. Use different lingo…. How about not implicating true facts in your songs :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you’re bold or stupid enough to take that risk, that’s on you bruh.

Back
Top Bottom