how do you like your steaks, prime ribs, etc??

well done

i'm surprised none of the "niketalk chefs" haven't come in here saying how stupid well done is.

my black friends, always find it sick when i order my steak beyond rare... my boy told me that black people eat their meat well done and he was liek, that mustbe a asian thing to eat rare meat, i dont know if that is true or not, but im like, man im not down with burnt tasting meat lol.... my ex girl was black and sothe first time we went on a steak dinner, she ordered it well done, i ordered mine extra rare....

so while were eating im like have you ever had rare steak and she was like no, then she tried it and sure enough... she was a believer and started getting rarefrom that day on....

I haven't ate prime rib in a while....damn. And I was hoping to cook mussels marinara tomorrow.

Hmmm.....decisions, decisions.

I am REALLY surprised, however, at the sheer number of people in this thread that prefer it well-done.

Anything done over medium is a waste of meat.

it's gotta be medium rare
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I always tell them just barely medium. Enough that I don't have to see a quarter water of blood when I'm done eating

For those of you who have tried both well-done and med-rare across a number of cuts (sirloin, filet, prime rib, ribeye, strip), but still preferwell-done...that's one thing. I can respect your personal preferences.

But if you've never even tried it, you really should. There's a reason why chefs choose to cook it med-rare, and it doesn't just have to do withpreference.

I want to compare it to trying sushi - if you can try sushi with an open mind, you can try med-rare steaks. Don't be scared of the juices; they don'tharbor the same kind of health risks as, say, hamburger meat does.

yep I be eating it real rare, like OP said

anybody every try tartare (sp?) its ground beef but entirely raw with roasted onions, its the ishhhhhhh for real

this is the reason my fams been sick in Africa a few times though lol

I CANNOT eat anything done beyond medium rare its disgusting to me.

medium rare

im surprised at all the well done eaters. considering how the vast majority of NTers try to pretend like they are learned about common carcinogens you wouldthink they would know that toxins in well done and charred meats are similar to several toxins in cigarette smoke and increase cancer risk.
think about that next time you cut into that dry cut of steak

Originally Posted by AllDay AllNight

For those of you who have tried both well-done and med-rare across a number of cuts (sirloin, filet, prime rib, ribeye, strip), but still prefer well-done...that's one thing. I can respect your personal preferences.

But if you've never even tried it, you really should. There's a reason why chefs choose to cook it med-rare, and it doesn't just have to do with preference.

I want to compare it to trying sushi - if you can try sushi with an open mind, you can try med-rare steaks. Don't be scared of the juices; they don't harbor the same kind of health risks as, say, hamburger meat does.
QFT.
Barely Medium for Me. Sriracha Hot Sauce and A1 does the rest for me.

Back
Top Bottom