How do you organize Itunes?

Boy o Boy...when i had my ipod touch...i was such a spaz...put album art and everything...i would get heated when itunes copied the song into the library wrongor when the album art didnt pop up lol haha nice to know im the only one...

Originally Posted by chris nosnah

Here is mine:

208ffo6.jpg
There is no comp.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i have 23,000 songs and 0 playlists. I have no need for them i guess.
But yeah youre just gonna have to take your time and organize. theres no easy way out of it that maintains accuracy. Once you get caught up just be on top ofthings as soon as you acquire new music. It saves you time.

You got to invest a lot of time initially to make it all nice with Cover Art and all. But after that, every new album you put in, you'll just do it as youimport.

i put whole albums only. everything has album covers, correct genres, basically everything is perfect. i don't keep anything on itunes itself though onlyon my ipod.

16398273.png

as sad as it might be, i feel like my itunes is the only part of my life that i have in complete and total order.

other than my music im a real sloppy dude

i only put albums on there...use the cover flow view then organize using "ALBUM BY ARTIST" ascending alphabetically

laugh.gif
I was just about to post this. I been doing this for the past few daystoo. Correcting all the artists features, tracks, genre with capitals periods, (producer), blogs/websites, etc. I think I have OCD, I'm gonna createplaylists within the next few days. I have 1752 songs and 8.84 GB but just a 4GB Nano
frown.gif

http://photobucket.com

Still a work in progress. It took nearly a week to go through the library and pick which songs I wanted and which ones had to go. At one point I was at 65 gigsnow I'm at 47. When I have more free time I plan on adding in all of the song, album, genera year, and BPM info.

laugh.gif
I thought I was part of a small % that cared about how the iTunes looked. I do alittle bit everyday. Hard work.

i hate it when the artist is divided up to like 4-5 different genres (Jay-Z: hiphop, hip-hop, rap, rap/hiphop, etc)
mad.gif
. my gf's nano is like that.. just irks me..

my joint is on point though
pimp.gif
iPhone cover flow FTW.

Damn I have to organize mines. But I have no idea how. Because evreytime I go to artist I have like 4 different types of cam'ron. Lol

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

http://photobucket.com

Still a work in progress. It took nearly a week to go through the library and pick which songs I wanted and which ones had to go. At one point I was at 65 gigs now I'm at 47. When I have more free time I plan on adding in all of the song, album, genera year, and BPM info.
laugh.gif
@ "Average White Band" as an artist

I just make sure I have artist, song title, and album - the rest is unnecessary to me.

Originally Posted by alex onee

so nt, how do you organize your itunes? i have downloaded some songs and some come with no name/album/etc. any programs or easy ways to go about organizing it.

I found this Wiki for adding album art: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Album-Artwork-for-an-iPod-or-iTunes

The easiest way to add info to multiple songs (for instance, if you have all the songs from an album but the album name is not listed) is to highlight all thesongs, Go to File and Get Info (or press ⌘/apple I on a Mac, ctrl I on a PC). A window should pop up labeled MultipleItem Information. Drag or paste the image into the box labeled Artwork. Under Album make sure all the songs have the same album name bytyping the correct album and checking the box. You can do the same thing for other items in the box (artist, genre, etc...).

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

I just make sure I have artist, song title, and album - the rest is unnecessary to me.

My wife, on the other hand, has recently been on me to figure out how to get the album art for all our stuff. I've tried the "Get album art" feature, but it doesn't get them all. Suggestions?

Also, there will be no pics of my wife. Don't ask. I know how NT gets down.
tongue.gif
drag and drop directly from Wikipedia or google. its easier to use wiki since all u have to do is type in the album and most pics are of a nicesize

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Originally Posted by Bo55Diesel

My wife, on the other hand, has recently been on me to figure out how to get the album art for all our stuff. I've tried the "Get album art" feature, but it doesn't get them all. Suggestions?

Also, there will be no pics of my wife. Don't ask. I know how NT gets down.
tongue.gif
drag and drop directly from Wikipedia or google. its easier to use wiki since all u have to do is type in the album and most pics are of a nice size
Thanks buddy!

Back
Top Bottom