How do you organize Itunes?

Not to thread jack, but can anyone tell what I can do about this screen on my iPod.
c1c36c4739ca2e281ee9f11ce32055934b259361.jpg

I took it out of my pocket yesterday and it all blurred out with those blue lines and black splatter looking thing.

Originally Posted by jawn piece

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

http://photobucket.com

Still a work in progress. It took nearly a week to go through the library and pick which songs I wanted and which ones had to go. At one point I was at 65 gigs
now I'm at 47. When I have more free time I plan on adding in all of the song, album, genera year, and BPM info.
laugh.gif
@ "Average White Band" as an artist

i thought mine was pretty organized but i skipped genre and i still have a bunch of loose singles without artwork...compared to yours mine is still a mess butits better than it was...and i have playlists by artist region and mixtapes....makes it easy for dragging and dropping to the ipod

I'm very meticulous about my iTunes.

How do you guys file albums such as Alchemist or Hi-Tek's where every track belongs to a different artist?

I have became very particular with my Itunes Artwork as well. I have been editing and adding the artwork on the albums by either getting it automaticallydownloaded from Itunes itself or doing it manually.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

How do you guys file albums such as Alchemist or Hi-Tek's where every track belongs to a different artist?
right click/ get info/ make Hi-Tek or Alc the album artist in the "album artist" slot...should all be 1 file after that

desktunes.png

i need to step my playlist game up. im tryna get on my personal mix game.
ohyeah, and if you have CD Art Display, it will find album covers for you.
just a heads up for the CAD users.

How do you transfer certain songs from iPod to iTunes library. My iTunes library is empty and I want to add stuff to it.

i HATE organizing my @*+# it takes soo long!
but i hate draggin the album arwork to every song on the album is there a way to jus do it once and make it go to every song on the album???

Originally Posted by KiLLaCaM503

i HATE organizing my @*+# it takes soo long!
but i hate draggin the album arwork to every song on the album is there a way to jus do it once and make it go to every song on the album???

the shift key is your best friend.

Man, I'm OCD x a million sorting my music. Every file needs to have an artist, album, year, genre, title, artwork, and track number. Some needs commentsfor my playlists too.
I'm still working on finishing my albums for ones that I only have a song or two of. Thats the new obsession for me
smh.gif

And finding artwork ftl.

106 Gigs organized.Took me three months on and off while I was in Iraq.
28clmp5.jpg

I used this software called Mediamonkey(free)(google it) where I organized all of my songs by album and the program find the track/album/artwork info for you.

And not too long ago I found another program called Tuneupmedia
pimp.gif
(googleit)(which is on the right instead of Genius),where you just drag the song(s) over to the "cleaning area" and they pull up the all the infoautomatically.The first 500 songs are free.Anything above it is a $20 lifetime sub. which is what I have(The best $20 I ve spent).They even havemixtapes(some,not all) in the database.I was able to use both programs at the same time and only have two albums without artwork(Best of Freeway and 9th WonderBlack Albums Rejects Mixtapes).The Tuneupmedia is the best though,because they just added a feature where it scans your whole library and find the bestpossible matches for unknown tracks/albums and I would say it is about 90 percent accurate for regular albums and about 40 percent for mixtapes.And yes I haveOCD,lol.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

I'll label the album as a compilation, add the emcee, or whoever, to the track artist field and the DJ to the album artist field.

Back
Top Bottom