How do you react to men hitting on you?

happy.gif
ERASCISM wrote:

This morning I stopped by the indie coffeehouse for some of that hot chai and a vegan scone and as I was preparing my chai this bohemian looking man stood beside me and reached over me and said, "Pass the soy milk, bro?" I smiled politely and handed it to him as I was stirring in my 3 packets of Splenda. He says, "Stuff will kill ya, bro." I just shrugged and said, "Yea, well, so can car accidents, my man." We then shared a chuckle together and then he said, "You look like you take care of yourself though... VERY WELL if I may say. Hope that's not outta line."

I was trying my hardest at that point to keep from giving him the gas face, but I just smiled and thanked him.

But then, as I was putting on my messenger bag to leave, he taps me on the shoulder and says, "Heading over to the used bookstore across the street, what are you doing? Could use a second opinion." I told him I needed to be at work soon and he pressed me again and said, "Raincheck?" I was like "naaaah, bruh" out the side of my mouth. And then he GOT it.

Y'all ever get hit on like that? It's hard to not be rude in that situation.

Quit playing hard to get.

It has only happened to me once; last semester. This kid in my Psychology class, who seemed a bit feminine approached me in the library. He first asked me, "Hey, aren't you in my Psych class?" I replied, "Uh, yeah, I am." He then asked me where I bought my sneakers, I told him, he complimented my sneakers again, then decided to take a seat at the computer next to me, and started flirting with me. I don't remember what he said, exactly, but it was clear he was hitting on me. I was really uncomfortable, so I printed something that I didn't need to print, went to the printer and then left the library. I'm still not sure if I had logged out of my account that day. I mean, I'm not homophobic, but this was just something out of the ordinary that made me feel uneasy. And one of the weirdest things about this encounter was that he was black. I do plan on handling a situation like that a little better than that if it ever happens again.                           

I feel like gaydar is accurate only half of the time for them. I mean we've all been there a lot of us are too cool to admit it, but its like whatever. You really couldn't have handled it any better. Just shame on dude for not taking the first no as a hint/answer. Unless he thinks he can turn you out, put pig tails in your hair and have you skipping down the block. On the real though If you keep fit you'll attract both sexes. Who really cares, it's not fruity if you don't act on it, just be flattered.

Originally Posted by PassMeTheSoySauce

happy.gif
ERASCISM wrote:

This morning I stopped by the indie coffeehouse for some of that hot chai and a vegan scone and as I was preparing my chai this bohemian looking man stood beside me and reached over me and said, "Pass the soy milk, bro?" I smiled politely and handed it to him as I was stirring in my 3 packets of Splenda. He says, "Stuff will kill ya, bro." I just shrugged and said, "Yea, well, so can car accidents, my man." We then shared a chuckle together and then he said, "You look like you take care of yourself though... VERY WELL if I may say. Hope that's not outta line."

I was trying my hardest at that point to keep from giving him the gas face, but I just smiled and thanked him.

But then, as I was putting on my messenger bag to leave, he taps me on the shoulder and says, "Heading over to the used bookstore across the street, what are you doing? Could use a second opinion." I told him I needed to be at work soon and he pressed me again and said, "Raincheck?" I was like "naaaah, bruh" out the side of my mouth. And then he GOT it.

Y'all ever get hit on like that? It's hard to not be rude in that situation.

Quit playing hard to get.

7de36140358739cb286ac2af629f1d8a8296e8b0.gif

So you telling me, after "chatting" it up with him you didn't expect to get hit on? Come on son?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

This morning I stopped by the indie coffeehouse for some of that hot chai and a vegan scone

-indie coffeehouse
-hot chai
-vegan scone
-splenda
-messenger bag

You sound like a greenpeace, trendy female vegitarian bro. No wonder why gay dudes are hittin on you. You have fruity tendencies.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by Meangene4

Roc Boy Jada wrote:
It has only happened to me once; last semester. This kid in my Psychology class, who seemed a bit feminine approached me in the library. He first asked me, "Hey, aren't you in my Psych class?" I replied, "Uh, yeah, I am." He then asked me where I bought my sneakers, I told him, he complimented my sneakers again, then decided to take a seat at the computer next to me, and started flirting with me. I don't remember what he said, exactly, but it was clear he was hitting on me. I was really uncomfortable, so I printed something that I didn't need to print, went to the printer and then left the library. I'm still not sure if I had logged out of my account that day. I mean, I'm not homophobic, but this was just something out of the ordinary that made me feel uneasy. And one of the weirdest things about this encounter was that he was black. I do plan on handling a situation like that a little better than that if it ever happens again.                           

Smart move if you would of stayed you would of needed a wheel chair.
3665020_ori.gif

One time at work 2 dudes walked in my department, I helped one of em find something and then went on about my business. Next thing I know one of the dudes walks up and says, "my friend wants your number"

It suprised me at first, then I gave him a straight
indifferent.gif
and said "nah I aint with that" and he walked away real quick... That &$!# messed up my whole day after that.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

You smiled politely, that was your first mistake. I ain't smiling at no dudes. But that's the norm in NY. Gay dudes out here like to flirt by looking you in the eye. I don't do that either. Gay dudes bold enough to come up to me get the immediate
indifferent.gif
and I keep it pushing. As long as they don't say anything reckless or put a hand on me its all good. The worst is when they're working the register at a store or you need their assistance when shopping and they trying to small talk and compliment you. Seriously wish they would just ring my *#!% up and sthu. These dudes are all over NY stores. Can't even go to SoHo without getting eyed.
SOHO is...
tired.gif

I always feel uncomfortable walking around that place...

Originally Posted by Truballa101

Originally Posted by RavageBX

You smiled politely, that was your first mistake. I ain't smiling at no dudes. But that's the norm in NY. Gay dudes out here like to flirt by looking you in the eye. I don't do that either. Gay dudes bold enough to come up to me get the immediate
indifferent.gif
and I keep it pushing. As long as they don't say anything reckless or put a hand on me its all good. The worst is when they're working the register at a store or you need their assistance when shopping and they trying to small talk and compliment you. Seriously wish they would just ring my *#!% up and sthu. These dudes are all over NY stores. Can't even go to SoHo without getting eyed.
SOHO is...
tired.gif

I always feel uncomfortable walking around that place...

why?

are you not sure about yourself?

Back
Top Bottom