How Do You Remove Creases in NBA Swingman/NFL Premier/MLB Replica Jerseys?

I know, I know, who rocks jerseys anymore? Well a lot of people do, especially at sporting events.

Anyway, I think anyone who has owned an NBA Swingman, NFL Premier or MLB Replica jersey has had creases in the numbers on the jersey.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to remove these creases.

The care tag says do not iron decoration.

Thanks in advance.

A thread is more appealing to go into if it has at least one reply so here is my attempt to get more people in here.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
grin.gif

N' asked an irregular question
then got flustered at his irregular question that he asked because no one answered half an hour later and bumped it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

step up your jersey game and get an authentic brah
I know I should, but I don't have the means to do that right now. It's $240 for an MLB authentic versus $100 for a MLB swingman, plus I got $20 off so I only paid $80.

try taking the steam function of the iron to it (not up close) or hang it in the bathroom while having hot water run or while you shower if you take hot showers, and try tugging on the jersey to get some of the wrinkles out and leave it hanging for a while. or put a thick towel over the top of the numbers and try ironing lightly with low heat first and increase as needed being careful not to burn it.

So I took a hot shower and left the jersey in the bathroom, used the steam sprayer on my iron and then ironed the jersey inside out with a damp towel over the creased number.

It seemed to do the trick, the crease is now hardly noticeable. Thanks again for all the help guys.

Originally Posted by KG21

I know I should, but I don't have the means to do that right now. It's $240 for an MLB authentic versus $100 for a MLB swingman, plus I got $20 off so I only paid $80.

you can find real authentics for less than retail on ebay, you just gotta be able to tell real from fake and look often and hard and you can find some good deals.

you can find real authentics for less than retail on ebay, you just gotta be able to tell real from fake and look often and hard and you can find some good deals.
Or he can just do him & rock the jersey he already has...
At sporting events, I'd say less than 5% of the attendees actually have authentic jerseys on.

What's the big deal?

Originally Posted by pdot

At sporting events, I'd say less than 5% of the attendees actually have authentic jerseys on.

What's the big deal?

ive always wondered why dudes went so hard about "authentics" when the sewn on replicas look identical & cost less $$$$$$

What's the big deal?
5%? naww its way more than that. die hard sports fan buy/wear authentics at the games.

anyways i like to buy the best their is, there is a big difference between a replica/swingman and an authentic. they arent even the same jerseys.

What's the big deal?
5%? naww its way more than that. die hard sports fan buy/wear authentics at the games.

Nah bro. 5% is even pushing it.

Think about it... 60,000 people at a football game x 5% = 3,000 with authentic jerseys on.

No way. 

How many of those 60,000 are kids?

How many parents are spending $250 on a jersey?

I was at the NFC championship, I'd say I saw 20-25 total with real authentic jerseys.

I'm good though...

29auyk3.jpg

if your spending $80-100 on swingmans your failing.

you can get authentics on ebay if you do your homework for less.

your local aj wright or marshalls has authentics from time to time for cheap. (picked up a jose reyes mets authentic for $16.99 at marshalls last week actually)

and the buy sell section on jerseycentral has some absolute steals at times.

Just iron inside out,
but honestly a swingman jersey, thats almost worst than wearing team jordans.
step ur game up and get an authentic

LOL @ these responses. I guess I don't do it big like you guys.

The Minnesota Twins came out with a new jersey this year so it would be impossible to find in Marshalls/Ross/TJ Maxx. There are no blue light specials on eBay cause these jerseys just came out, nobody is going to be selling authentic authentics for less than $180.

Besides, there's been a HUGE boom in fake authentics, especially NFL jerseys. I swear the ratio is 1 fake authentic for every 2 genuine (replica or authentic) jerseys. I've seen a grip of the new Twins jerseys that are fake on Craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom