How do you respond to Road Rage

absolutely disgusting. senseless deaths just cause one dude with small d energy had to flex on the red light. RIP
This kind of nonsense occurs on the daily in cities & different locations all over the world sadly. Can't even remember how many times I've seen people run the red when I'm out driving in my area. Day or night people are always in a pointless hurry to go nowhere & in doing so become the reason for innocent people losing their lives. Absolutely disgusting what some drivers are capable of & with no regard for human life :smh: .

Just like road rage...y’all ever encounter that type of aggression simply walking down the street?

I was picking up my little nephew from school yesterday and arrived early. I decided to park the car and walk down the street to this one bargain store that sells Target clearance merchandise. Walking one block down and I see some young dude doing some mechanic work on his old ford. I walk past the house and he sorta did a nervous double take at me which naturally made me look in his direction. We clearly don’t know each other. I took maybe 3 steps past him when I heard him say “what *****”.

I didn’t reply because turning around could potentially ruin my day....and especially his since he was 5ft5 ish :lol: Walked a few more steps and just chuckled at the whole thing. Doing that in front of your home is just dumb, any maniac can come back and set that whole place on fire or at the very least mess up the car he’s working on.

I only change lanes for flashing lights. Otherwise, you are under no obligation to change lanes if someone is speeding behind you. It's not a matter of policing traffic or whatever. Accidents happen when you start deviating from the right of way. Person speeding may be on some Fast and Furious **** weaving in and out of lanes. I'm not going to start with the guessing games.

Truck driver was clearly being an *** but the sedan driver could've avoided the crash. Back off, know your car's capabilities, and wait for a better opportunity to pass.

Accidents happen when you start deviating from the right of way.

Likewise, slow left lane drivers raise the accident risk for others

I cringe every time I see someone trying to pass at a high rate of speed in the right lane

Often times they're narrowly missing rear ending a much slower vehicle and cutting off the car in the left lane

Honestly I've never encountered road rage to the point of it reflecting in my driving, or actions towards another driver.

I only change lanes for flashing lights. Otherwise, you are under no obligation to change lanes if someone is speeding behind you. It's not a matter of policing traffic or whatever. Accidents happen when you start deviating from the right of way. Person speeding may be on some Fast and Furious **** weaving in and out of lanes. I'm not going to start with the guessing games.

Truck driver was clearly being an *** but the sedan driver could've avoided the crash. Back off, know your car's capabilities, and wait for a better opportunity to pass.
:lol: the reason a lot of people are fast and Furious is because there's a bunch of folks clogging the left lane who don't feel obligated to let faster traffic pass.

Both parties were driving stupidly and I do hope that truck driver gets charged. They create the bad situation by aggressively speeding up to block the sedan. The sedan breaks loose because they try to avoid hitting the truck at the last minute.

The truck driver could've just as easily ended up upside down in the centre median ditch.

Yeah what do I care someone drives faster than me? The **** wrong with people.

Egos.

And they feel safe flexing in their car.

Same energy is usually never kept in the grocery store, at the office, etc. People magically become a little more restrained.

Imagine being at the market and someone gets real close with their cart, bumps you, cuts you off and then flips you off? :lol:

Egos.

Same energy is usually never kept in the grocery store, at the office, etc. People magically become a little more restrained.

Imagine being at the market and someone gets real close with their cart, bumps you, cuts you off and then flips you off? :lol:

This episode was a classic, lol
1643751717098.jpeg

1643751738361.jpeg

Last edited:
Egos.

Lol yo i was at the grocery store once in 1 of the aisles. This old lady walked backwards and bumped into my cart. At first i was gonna ask if shes good but then she gets mad at me talking about you hit me :lol: i said what? You walked backwards into the cart. She went on a rant i was dying, maybe i should announce my entrance every aisle i enter.

+the initial aggressor, which was the car behind the pickup.

Not excusing the pickup driver, but that event was the result of two idiots who prioritized their own egos over everyone else they were sharing the road with.
Oh 100%. Dude in the Accord could've easily been patient & taken it easy since he saw the pickup driver was being a jerk. He def let his ego & emotions get in the way to try & get his way which obv backfired. He endangered his own life as well as all those driving around him which makes him equally as much of a moron as the pickup driver.

Oh 100%. Dude in the Accord could've easily been patient & taken it easy since he saw the pickup driver was being a jerk. He def let his ego & emotions get in the way to try & get his way which obv backfired. He endangered his own life as well as all those driving around him which makes him equally as much of a moron as the pickup driver.
The way I see it is this: if you're driving at the speed limit or above the speed limit you have absolutely no obligation to speed up or move over for anyone trying to pass.

If someone wants to drive like an *******, that's their prerogative. You just happen to lose me when you think other drivers on the road need to facilitate said *******ry.

Back in 2014 I had a guy pull a knife out on me at a light

Dude was feeling courageous cuz he had his girl with him and she was instigating

So random, lol.
I wonder what his plan was. Just show it to you but he knows it doesn’t stand a chance against your car if you hit him with it. Hope you laughed him off and winked at his girl.

Back in 2014 I had a guy pull a knife out on me at a light

Dude was feeling courageous cuz he had his girl with him and she was instigating
That's a great way for the other dude to get themselves shot & killed. I wonder what the statistics are with Stand Your Ground states VS Non-Stand Your Ground states in terms of fatal road rage incidents. I'm already a pretty passive individual as it is but if I lived in a stand your ground state or down South, man, I'd think 10X before I confront someone & risk getting blasted. Everybody & their mothers are strapped in these states.

blocking the left lane is what triggers a lot of this bs.

if you aren't passing no need to be in it. creates dangerous situations for no reason. I really wish they would focus on that here. I feel like most people don't even know what it's for. start giving tickets for people violating it. they are more dangerous than someone going 20 over.

The way I see it is this: if you're driving at the speed limit or above the speed limit you have absolutely no obligation to speed up or move over for anyone trying to pass.

If someone wants to drive like an *******, that's their prerogative. You just happen to lose me when you think other drivers on the road need to facilitate said *******ry.
Totally agree. At or above the posted speed limit there's no obligation to move over. It should never come to a point where people start to disregard the safety of those driving around them. I don't get the thought process of drivers like this. Do they think riding someones ***(STUPIDEST thing someone can do) or staying on the horn is going to magically somehow make the driver in front of them change their minds? I personally still would get out of their way because I value my life & my cars more than my ego

blocking the left lane is what triggers a lot of this bs.

if you aren't passing no need to be in it. creates dangerous situations for no reason. I really wish they would focus on that here. I feel like most people don't even know what it's for. start giving tickets for people violating it. they are more dangerous than someone going 20 over.
You said it, most people really just don't understand what the left lane is for. They think it's just another traffic lane which they can hop in & go slowly on their merry way. A lot of the time it's them Prius drivers that squat in the left...goddamn tree huggers lol.

And facts, they are nore dangerous than someone going 20 over.

you got a wide open interstate the dude doing 85 isn't a menace to society.

it's the one blocking the left lane triggering road rage and swerving, tailgating and cutting people off.

it's just selfishness or they don't understand the left lane or both but it's not needed either way. calm your ego down, if someone wants to get by let them by, why would you care? let everyone go the pace they want to go. most the country is wide open and if someone wants to haul *** down the road it's fine.

If youre moving with the flow of traffic, fine no need to move over for anyone. If not, move.

Totally agree. At or above the posted speed limit there's no obligation to move over. It should never come to a point where people start to disregard the safety of those driving around them. I don't get the thought process of drivers like this. Do they think riding someones ***(STUPIDEST thing someone can do) or staying on the horn is going to magically somehow make the driver in front of them change their minds? I personally still would get out of their way because I value my life & my cars more than my ego

Using the left for passing is not a thing in NYC you know that. We need all the space we can use.

Back
Top Bottom