How do you set your goals. Mental Health Check

No offense but this is just generic Google advice.

How do you Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio go about achieving these things?

Are you just born with this mindset or did you take steps to mold your way of thinking?

I framed it without contextualizing because what works for me, may not work for you. So, I didn't want someone to follow my routine, and become discouraged.

But here is more specificities of what I do. I'm sure some of you guys already know my background, and would consider me to be a "successful" individual 🤷‍♂️

I def wasn't born with this mindset. A lot of it is attributed to seeing how my parents worked and took pride in their jobs and being the best they can be. And also, just being around very self-motivated and driven people and picking habits from them. I was def. very fortunate in that regard.

• I first write out what my goals are, whether it is long term or short term (I have daily goals as well)
  • I wake up very early in the morning. Usually will be out of bed by 5-5:30am and start my day with a fasted cardio, meditation, and review of what's on my to-do for that day
  • I make sure to clear my head during my commute (if I have one), will listen to an audiobook, podcast, or learning about something new
  • I constantly ask myself what I'm doing to get me closer to my goals and what I need to be doing or what's missing that's preventing me to achieving this
  • Visualization is MAJOR for me. I need to be able to see something to fully be subsumed by it. So, writing things out help the most
  • I also set personal goals for myself that I assess on a weekly basis. Accomplishing small tasks, like washing the dishes, or changing the vacuum cleaner filter really helps build confidence and gets the ball rolling
  • I forgot this one earlier, but just remembered: I'm constantly pushing myself out of my own comfort zone. Exploring different ideas, opinions, improving on weaknesses and acknowledging all this was MAJOR for my own personal development
  • Finally, understanding and knowing what you don't know
Hope this help you!

BTW, DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican You still hanging on my nuts famb? **** off :lol:

Last edited:
I don't mean long term goals like savings.

I've been noticing myself being more unproductive on my days off.

Usually CoD or binging.

I want to more more productive to actually improve my well being.

So last week I started walking.

But that gets old after an hour and im right back in the house.

I want to actually improve myself.

I have no idea where to start.

How do you go about self analyzing?
You should start give yourself little goals to achieve. Personally, for months up until a couple weeks ago I'd go to thrift stores to find a pair a of old copper/brown Levi's tab in my size, and in good/great condition when I had the time. I finally completed my mission and profited off of side hobby in the process.

Idk, give yourself little side missions, the adventures that comes from them can be really fun, educational, relaxing, reflective, all and all contributing to your personal. Plus, the reward of achieving something that isn't really guaranteed like looking for something extremely specific in a thrift store is lovely.

I don't play video games but I'd like to believe they can be productive. They keep your brain sharp, do they not? Everything in moderation I say. Don't give up the things that make you happy.

Set long-term goals. Then create sub-goals that you have to achieve in order to reach that long-term goal. Start out small that way you don't overwhelm yourself too early. You're also going to have to cut down on some of your leisure activities if you honestly want to make significant gains with your personal goals. That's just a given.

daily tasks = daily wins
same applies to weekly, and monthly tasks
but it helps to have yearly goals and an overall 2-3 year plan
stay focused and disciplined.
and give yourself credit for your wins

das it

I don't mean long term goals like savings.

I've been noticing myself being more unproductive on my days off.

Usually CoD or binging.

I want to more more productive to actually improve my well being.

So last week I started walking.

But that gets old after an hour and im right back in the house.

I want to actually improve myself.

I have no idea where to start.

How do you go about self analyzing?
Journal and use the calendar app on your phone.

and when I say journal I don’t mean like pages long entries. Like 15 min tops

ask yourself the same questions every day

3 things you’re thankful for

3 things you intend to accomplish

Some self affirmations

review at the end of the night.

look up 5 minute journal

maybe look up atomic habits

I framed it without contextualizing because what works for me, may not work for you. So, I didn't want someone to follow my routine, and become discouraged.

But here is more specificities of what I do. I'm sure some of you guys already know my background, and would consider me to be a "successful" individual 🤷‍♂️

I def wasn't born with this mindset. A lot of it is attributed to seeing how my parents worked and took pride in their jobs and being the best they can be. And also, just being around very self-motivated and driven people and picking habits from them. I was def. very fortunate in that regard.

• I first write out what my goals are, whether it is long term or short term (I have daily goals as well)
  • I wake up very early in the morning. Usually will be out of bed by 5-5:30am and start my day with a fasted cardio, meditation, and review of what's on my to-do for that day
  • I make sure to clear my head during my commute (if I have one), will listen to an audiobook, podcast, or learning about something new
  • I constantly ask myself what I'm doing to get me closer to my goals and what I need to be doing or what's missing that's preventing me to achieving this
  • Visualization is MAJOR for me. I need to be able to see something to fully be subsumed by it. So, writing things out help the most
  • I also set personal goals for myself that I assess on a weekly basis. Accomplishing small tasks, like washing the dishes, or changing the vacuum cleaner filter really helps build confidence and gets the ball rolling
  • I forgot this one earlier, but just remembered: I'm constantly pushing myself out of my own comfort zone. Exploring different ideas, opinions, improving on weaknesses and acknowledging all this was MAJOR for my own personal development
  • Finally, understanding and knowing what you don't know
Hope this help you!

BTW, DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican You still hanging on my nuts famb? **** off :lol:

this is a solid routine, some of my most productive times i followed a similar routine,.
starting a new routing soon, been in a FAT UGLY SLUMP

Get rid of the unlimited data plan, downgrade to a 2GB per month plan. That way it forces you to physically walk outside and find a WiFi network if you want to watch p0rnhub.

Also, do you think most millionaires even have the time to sit around watching reality shows and Netflix documentaries? Sell your TV and get a gym membership that way the only way you can watch WWE wrestling is if your on a treadmill or elliptical bike.
I work at a manufacturing factory Mon-Thursdays and pick up side work with my old job as an event consultant on the weekends when they have work for me.
Wait, I thought you worked for the CSX railroads in da Nati?

my main goal is to be a good parent. i understand that i need to take care of myself in order to take care of my kids so i def do that but i have been doing more after work and on the weekend to feel better about the time i spend with my wife and kids.

even though everyone is tired on the weekdays, right after dinner i'll get everyone into the car and head to the park or the beach to enjoy the sunset. we get home, dessert, bathe, and it feels super good when we hit the bed.

on the weekend, i'll take my son out to have some father and son time since he's been feeling slighted when we pay so much attention to my baby girl. we take a short hike up a mountain, catch prawns, eat some snacks (i bring a little candy like japanese kit kats cause he doesn't get that at home), and we just hang out and talk. ever since i started doing that, my son is way more open to having me drill him on spelling words or math problems.

i guess it boils down to NOT just wishing i did more, but actually doing these things.

we've also been doing budgeting like M Mark Antony and it's been amazing how much money we've wasted in the past and how much money we're saving now. we barely eat out and are eating way healthier. i've dropped over 15# and feel good.

Get rid of the unlimited data plan, downgrade to a 2GB per month plan. That way it forces you to physically walk outside and find a WiFi network if you want to watch p0rnhub.

Also, do you think most millionaires even have the time to sit around watching reality shows and Netflix documentaries? Sell your TV and get a gym membership that way the only way you can watch WWE wrestling is if your on a treadmill or elliptical bike.

Man that was years ago lol.

I did a 7 year bid there.

Good and bad times lol.

Im no career lifer.

yes :lol:

being a millionaire doesn't mean being a weirdo

Just went for a random 2.5 hour walk instead of the gym for my daily workout. It was glorious, perfect windy spring weather, people doing silly post Corona shenanigans outside.

Time to ruin the workout with some cookies my building manager baked for me.:smh:

Plan Your Weekends Better — Tips From Hemingway | Art of Manliness

I hope that nobody is told that people should feel sorry for any of you, that is courageous to tell their stories on here. Sharing your truths can lead to some incredibly toxic encounters on niketalk.

Back
Top Bottom