How do you tell someone they smell bad?

weekend girl

Banned
A co worker of mine smells ripe as hell on a consistent basis and it's becoming a huge problem in the office. I've been approached a few times bynew/entry levels that express to me that they can't work with him when they are assigned to work on a task together.

I'm not really sure how to go about telling him but it needs to be done.

When i read the topic i knew it wasnt any "regular" Nt'er posting this

write an anonymous letter

Just let him know straight up the hard way! "yo man, you stink"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

That's a tough one....if their appearance (looks clean), can you bring up someone's hygene w/o overstepping a line on the professional side? I mean,the last thing you want is to have something thrown back in your face because they get offended about you bringing up their smell....

I dunno how to approach that
laugh.gif

leave them a sticky note on a friday so you can clear your mind about it by monday...

I usually giggle.
laugh.gif
I can't summon up the strength because I'm overwhelmed by the smell.

Be direct. I got a co-worker with a consistent stinch, I tell him he stank everyday.

I'm bout to do it right now as a matter of fact.

I guess stinky people become immune to their funk, so in a polite way maybe try asking your co-worker what type of deodarant or soap he uses, when he repliestell him it's not working. or let him know his right guard is to the left. This might hurt his feelings but you'll probably never smell an odor on himever again or he'll quit out of anger or shame, it's a win-win for you and your co-workers either way.

Originally Posted by Nati P

Be direct. I got a co-worker with a consistent stinch, I tell him he stank everyday.

I'm bout to do it right now as a matter of fact.

lmao

Thing is, all around his hygenial situation is pretty +!$%%% up. He come in without brushing his teeth and I ain't never seen dude with a fresh cut ever.He stay wearing polyester too
sick.gif
What makes it worse is that he's mad touchy feely and he likes to get close to people.

Can he not smell himself?

I talked to my boss about it and he told me to let another dude do it because coming from a female it could ruin his confidence
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by kiid23

When i read the topic i knew it wasnt any "regular" Nt'er posting this

write an anonymous letter

?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dunks87

I guess stinky people become immune to their funk, so in a polite way maybe try asking your co-worker what type of deodarant or soap he uses, when he replies tell him it's not working. or let him know his right guard is to the left. This might hurt his feelings but you'll probably never smell an odor on him ever again or he'll quit out of anger or shame, it's a win-win for you and your co-workers either way.

I was thinking about putting together a gift basket for him with soap/deodorant/toothbrush/toothpaste etc and telling him it's from one of our clients
laugh.gif

Can he not smell himself?
Hell no, people that stink can't smell it because they are so used to the smell. Not even on some racist %!++, but I swear every Indian inEast NY smells like full court basketball.

Originally Posted by Weekend Girl

Originally Posted by dunks87

I guess stinky people become immune to their funk, so in a polite way maybe try asking your co-worker what type of deodarant or soap he uses, when he replies tell him it's not working. or let him know his right guard is to the left. This might hurt his feelings but you'll probably never smell an odor on him ever again or he'll quit out of anger or shame, it's a win-win for you and your co-workers either way.

I was thinking about putting together a gift basket for him with soap/deodorant/toothbrush/toothpaste etc and telling him it's from one of our clients
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom