How do you transport your bicycles?

urb

Hello Niketalk, I recently purchased a road bike and it cannot fit in my Accord, how do you guys transport your bike from point A to point B?

I was thinking about getting a Roof Rack but it's gonna put a hole in my account. I was thinking about getting a trunk rack or something like this. But I've been hearing mixed reviews about it.

Thanks NT!

Those trunk racks are fine - with a little care you won't damage either your car or the bike.

Don't fit my car though so I have a roof rack - nice if you have roof bars already installed as it goes on and off in seconds.

There will be a ton of them locally on Craigslist as people get new cars and they don't fit. Start there. $50 should do it.

Those trunk racks are fine - with a little care you won't damage either your car or the bike.
Don't fit my car though so I have a roof rack - nice if you have roof bars already installed as it goes on and off in seconds.
There will be a ton of them locally on Craigslist as people get new cars and they don't fit. Start there. $50 should do it.

I'll do some research on the roof racks because I looked on Craigslist but I didn't know exactly what I was looking for. I don't have anything installed on my roof right now.. I was looking at the prices for a yakima roof rack and it came out to about $600 :rolleyes

What kind of car do you drive?

Hello Niketalk, I recently purchased a road bike and it cannot fit in my Accord, how do you guys transport your bike from point A to point B?

I was thinking about getting a Roof Rack but it's gonna put a hole in my account. I was thinking about getting a trunk rack or something like this. But I've been hearing mixed reviews about it.

Thanks NT!

Same situation. I don't want to get a bike because I don't know how I would put it in my car.

Last time, had to put my friend's bike in the backseat and it messed up the interior. :smh:

i have a 2 door Accord and I use the Schwinn 2-bike trunk rack from Target. i think it was like 40 bucks. works just fine.

With a roof rack you need the bars attached to the car (which I have already on my Volvo) and then the lateral bars that attach to them - and then the bike carriers which attach to them (although I just got generic ones to fit the horizontal bars which are specific to the roof bars).

Wasn't especially cheap - I think I had to pay about $300 altogether but I've been using them about 4 years.

If you have a regular accord then I think the trunk carrier would be easiest. They are much cheaper and go on and off pretty quickly. Most of the modern ones are easily adjustable to fit most cars - it's only the really unusual shapes that don't work.

take out one of the wheels, most road bikes you can unscrew the front wheel, makes moving my specialized allez alot easier for my type R.

Back
Top Bottom