How do you wean somebody off of you while still remaining friends?

balloonoboy

Banned
Basically I'm friends with an ex who still has feelings for me, and I think it's best for the both of us if we dead those feelings.

Other than cutting her off completely, how can I do this and still remain friends?

I'm thinking about ignoring her texts and stuff every so often until gradually it's down to less than 1 a day.

Anyone else every dealt with this?

be honest with her, then cut it off completely. you gotta have time for separation, you can't just from dating to being friends immediately

Originally Posted by bjamez20

be honest with her, then cut it off completely. you gotta have time for separation, you can't just from dating to being friends immediately
QFT.

be honest with her then cut it off completely. you gotta have time for separation, you can't just from dating to being friends immediately

Just be honest with her. Anything else would just be playing with her heart, and it seems like you still have feelings for her and would like to remainfriends. Real true friends are a blessing. just be good to her.

"Listen trick, you gettin too clingy. That *##! ain't gon ride. Kick rocks for 'bout two weeks then get at me."

That's how my boy told this chick to +$#% off for awhile. She came back too, she's a %@%$ fiend
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mikeJordache23

be honest with her then cut it off completely. you gotta have time for separation, you can't just from dating to being friends immediately

Just be honest with her. Anything else would just be playing with her heart, and it seems like you still have feelings for her and would like to remain friends. Real true friends are a blessing. just be good to her.

That's just the thing. I have been honest with her.

She's the type of person who won't do %%!+ before marriage and I can't put up with that.

It's a double-edged sword because I still do want to remain friends with her, but I don't want it to escalate to anything more serious, especiallymarriage, since I don't even see myself being with her, but that's how some friendships go.

She cool people so I'm not going to just up and drop her. I'm just gonna have to be an $$$+$%% for a month or two.

Man, I dont know what to tell you.

She cool people so I'm not going to just up and drop her. I'm just gonna have to be an $$$+$%% for a month or two

That sounds like one and the same. just be honest. dont play games man.

i had the same problem and we tried to be friends but ended up deading each other. its the only way to go dude.

You will be stringing her along and thats not fair to her. Be a responsible adult and do the right thing, cut it off and move on.

Tell her.

Might be a little rough at first but eventually she will understand and revert back to friends. If you get extremely lucky it might not happen at all and shewill just agree with it.

Back
Top Bottom