How does Brandon Knights game compare to Wall or Rose???

I just heard he's going to sign with Kentucky and I was wondering what his game is like?? Ive heard of him the last couple years a little bit, but I dont follow hs ball enough to know too much. I dont like watching too many you tube videos, because they can make any good hs player lookin amazing and I figured a good number of nt'ers have probably seen him playing in person. Ne ways though does he play like Rose or Wall?? I picked them just cuz they're the recent 1 and done pg's, which Knight will most likely be.

I never seen the Rose/Wall comparisons myself but both look a lot better than him.

All I know is dude is smart 4.3 gpa and better shooter than Wall/Rose. he probably closer comparison to Jennings than those two. 

he's long for a point guard and quick off the dribble. his shot is definitely better than those two coming out of high school. he is a volume shooter though but i guess when you play with bums in high school you will be.

no where near as explosive or atheltic as wall or rose. doesnt have their vision either. not a great passer. he's more of a combo guard in my eyes but what do i know. im not a scout or anything.

i would take kyrie every day of the week as my point guard in this class.

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

All I know is dude is smart 4.3 gpa and better shooter than Wall/Rose. he probably closer comparison to Jennings than those two. 

Not even close to Jennings...

I could see Knight being a chuck this year, but with the talent UK will have all he needs to do is run the offense

He's not on the same level athletically. He's a better shooter than both of them, and he's also a great defender. He just knows how to score. He is just one of those guys with a great feel for the game though.

He's nothing like Jennings either.

^yup. More of a Chauncey Billups-OJ Mayo hybrid type game imo. Locks in on D, student of the game.

Dont have the pro-potential of Rose/Wall, but he'll shine on the college level under Cal.

Not nearly as athletic, He's not a great shooter but certainly better than those too, more polished overall and a very good defender.

like everybody else said, not as atheltic as those two but he's a much better shooter and plays better defense. definitely better than kenny boynton (they played at rival high schools). he probably could've gone anywhere based solely on academics, i have a few friends who went to school with him.

Definitely comparable to Chauncey. He isn't that fast but he plays the game with a good pace and knows where to go on the floor. Doesn't have that "wow" factor to his game. Daniel Orton needs to come back I think he's better suited to play with someone like Knight than Wall. 

lets just say he's the worst #1 recruit i have seen in the last 7+ years. i honestly think he sucks and i've played with 10x better players with D2 players, #@%% it there are even better players at the rec.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

lets just say he's the worst #1 recruit i have seen in the last 7+ years. i honestly think he sucks and i've played with 10x better players with D2 players, #@%% it there are even better players at the rec.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

^ your opinion is null and voided.
i really dont care. but there's nothing about this kids game that stands out. he averages like 25 attempts per game as a PG 
indifferent.gif
. if i put up 25 shots per game i'd be the #1 recruit too. his jab step crap that he does will not transition well in higher competition. his court vision is crap, handles are OK nothing stands out, all he has is his little jumper and maybe length. but for a #1 recruit. seriously???? like are you @+#+$% serious right now? i just dont see it in him. he's gonna be a black hole, only time will tell

Hmmm...would he be more comparable to Tyreke then? Juz asking based on the responses coz I've never seen BK play...

Not at all like Tyreke...Reke was athletic as hell and a big PG, Knight isnt at all...

The boy can score but I have yet to see him get teammates involved.

Hands down the best player I've ever played against. Not exactly sure what that says, though...

I think the Mayo/Billups-combo comparison is fair, but B Knight is a smarter player (or will eventually be) than both.

He's got lock down defense and his size helps a lot.
He's not a pure point guard (i.e. Kidd), but he'll get the help he needs with Calipari

There is no "WOW" factor in his game and he's no where near the athletic level of Tyreke, Rose, or Wall. But he's a humble player/person.

He'll do really well at Kentucky.

Back
Top Bottom