How does it feel to have a Top Secret Clearance SCI?(for those who have one)

For a long time going back to my college days, I’ve always wanted to work for the United States Federal Government. So, for those that work for them, how does it feel to have a TS-SCI clearance? What’s the difference between a TS and a TS-SCI? Overall, how does it feel to have one?

You get a lot of access to information that would turn the world upside down. There's technology you wouldn't know existed.

My last work site (DOJ) had a SCIF (wonder if it was a SOC?) and people would show up in sweats, tshirts, shorts (DOJ dress is lots of suits even on Fridays), and were required to leave their phones on a shelf in the hall prior to entering.

For a long time going back to my college days, I’ve always wanted to work for the United States Federal Government. So, for those that work for them, how does it feel to have a TS-SCI clearance? What’s the difference between a TS and a TS-SCI? Overall, how does it feel to have one?
Grine Grine :nerd:

I have one. It's no big deal. Just means you don't have SUPERLATIVE financial and criminal problems and didn't lie on the form and get found out. This just happened this weekend. The supposed logic is if you have tons of debt, somebody from Russia could tempt you by offering you $ (they could if you did NOT have debt too plus most people don't have access to that level of information anyways but whatevs)

The hardest part is getting one, because jobs that require it will be looking for someone who already has one because it allegedly costs ~60k to get a regular secret (have no idea how since they're just verifying basic information but I've seen that figure multiple times) so assume getting you a TS maybe costs them 90k.

Obviously, most of the time a job that requires a clearance level of TS which less people can get typically will pay more than a comparable job at just the regular secret level so the goal is to find a company who will hire you without it and get you the upgrade to TS from regular secret. In my case, Akira did it. And since I couldn't technically go on site until my TS was finalized, the first 4 months or so with the company I was getting paid to literally just sit at home and wait. Eventually I got the call, met the Sec. investigator at the library, they will just ask you to verify things you put on the SF form. I had bad credit and average debt, it's not the disqualifier people think it is. TS's last 5 yrs dormant, regular secrets last 10.

So again, just apply for TS jobs that you easily qualify for, sans for the clearance. Eventually you'll get lucky and find an employer (Akira, Telos, CACI, Stellar are a few I know who have) who is OK with hiring you for a TS job without a TS and getting you upgraded (on their dime). After the clearance comes through, if the job sucks, you can quit and the TS remains.

I have one. It's no big deal. Just means you don't have SUPERLATIVE financial and criminal problems and didn't lie on the form and get found out. This just happened this weekend. The supposed logic is if you have tons of debt, somebody from Russia could tempt you by offering you $ (they could if you did NOT have debt too plus most people don't have access to that level of information anyways but whatevs)

The hardest part is getting one, because jobs that require it will be looking for someone who already has one because it allegedly costs ~60k to get a regular secret (have no idea how since they're just verifying basic information but I've seen that figure multiple times) so assume getting you a TS maybe costs them 90k.

Obviously, most of the time a job that requires a clearance level of TS which less people can get typically will pay more than a comparable job at just the regular secret level so the goal is to find a company who will hire you without it and get you the upgrade to TS from regular secret. In my case, Akira did it. And since I couldn't technically go on site until my TS was finalized, the first 4 months or so with the company I was getting paid to literally just sit at home and wait. Eventually I got the call, met the Sec. investigator at the library, they will just ask you to verify things you put on the SF form. I had bad credit and average debt, it's not the disqualifier people think it is. TS's last 5 yrs dormant, regular secrets last 10.

So again, just apply for TS jobs that you easily qualify for, sans for the clearance. Eventually you'll get lucky and find an employer (Akira, Telos, CACI, Stellar are a few I know who have) who is OK with hiring you for a TS job without a TS and getting you upgraded (on their dime). After the clearance comes through, if the job sucks, you can quit and the TS remains.

I’m going to PM you. It’s something I want to ask.

My boy has security clearances and according to him it’s a headache… he’s gotta be mindful of his online presence, financial status, and so much more.

but he’s paid well so it’s worthwhile for him I reckon.

My boy has security clearances and according to him it’s a headache… he’s gotta be mindful of his online presence, financial status, and so much more.

but he’s paid well so it’s worthwhile for him I reckon.
You gotta post some crazy **** online for it to affect your clearance status. Granite military members can't criticize the President on social media but beyond that, what does your homeboy want to post that he cant?

Funny thing is people with TS/TS w/ SCI barely even touch classified stuff. Government wastes a lot of money on the process when most jobs could be Public Trust or Secret. But that’s another argument lol.

depositphotos_125981110-stock-video-computer-hacker-sitting-in-dark.jpg

Back
Top Bottom