How far are we out on a Hollywood Filipino Flick?

Really tho -

There's such a large amount of Filipinos in America - I'm sure the movie couldn't do that bad if Pacquiao doesn't sing or act in it.

If you want action on an Braveheart level about Lapu Lapu?
Drama? Do something like Magsaysay's life... or corruption drama with Marcos'.
Maybe you need real war drama, I'm sure there could be a "Tuskeegee Airmen"-type movie from the WWII goings ons.
Comedy? Eaasily have Rob Schneider running the streets of Manila with his costar Adam Sandler.

I dunno. I just feel like it's time.

We gotta be able to do something better than this.

American-Guerilla-in-the-Philippines-WW-II-Movie-with-Tyrone-Power.jpg

didn't know there was "such a large amount" in america..

i know there's a lot in certain areas.. but 
grin.gif

Rob Schneider isn't even funny, though...Vic Sotto and Jose Manalo on the other hand are 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I watch too much Eat Bulaga...

There's a film called Amigo coming out about a war took place in the Philippines. Might be set around WW2, I'm not really sure.

The film looks like utter trash though.

the only person that is recognizable is manny..

when he retires. people arent going to know what a phillipines is.

Originally Posted by 650

grin.gif

I dunno what you want as a lot... would a few million be a lot? We got more Filipinos than Japanese, but they've still got big movies out. I'm not sure on the hater-comment that you're trying to make, but it doesn't make sense.

650 wrote:

grin.gif

Demps wrote:

STRAIGHT IGNORANCE
indifferent.gif

Its possible, man. I feel like there's more and more Filipino people on TV everyday, more than other types of Asians. The only time I saw a Lao person on TV was on America's Most Wanted
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by gConquer

650 wrote:

grin.gif

Demps wrote:

STRAIGHT IGNORANCE
indifferent.gif

You're filipino??

It's not like we have to have a popular Filipino actor star in the movie. I'm down to have Denzel or Tom Hanks be the lead Filipino just so we can get the first big movie out the way.

The Debut cannot be considered a decent Hollywood flick.. most people don't even know what it is. (But, I own it haha.)

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Originally Posted by 650

grin.gif

I dunno what you want as a lot... would a few million be a lot? We got more Filipinos than Japanese, but they've still got big movies out. I'm not sure on the hater-comment that you're trying to make, but it doesn't make sense.

i'm not making a "hater-comment"
laugh.gif
i live in the bay area so there's TONS here, but i honestly was unaware that there were that many that live outside of california.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Is Rob Schneider Filipino? If so, mind blown.

Like all the other 'star' Filipinos, he's half...

Like Tim Lincecum, Tia Carrera, Batista, Foxy Brown, JayZ, 50 cent, Tupac, Obama, etc.

Originally Posted by 650

grin.gif

Maybe because the Japanese have a better cinema, style, and well known actors, producers, etc etc. I cant think of one famous Filipino actor/actress off the top of my head.

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Originally Posted by 650

grin.gif

Maybe because the Japanese have a better cinema, style, and well known actors, producers, etc etc. I cant think of one famous Filipino actor/actress off the top of my head.

Ding ding ding!There hoc have it folks. Philipino cinema is unknown to the rest of the world. Until the philipines step it up, you'll be disregarded from the conversation.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Is Rob Schneider Filipino? If so, mind blown.

Like all the other 'star' Filipinos, he's half...

Like Tim Lincecum, Tia Carrera, Batista, Foxy Brown, JayZ, 50 cent, Tupac, Obama, etc.
roll.gif
Please tell me you're being sarcastic or joking in some way. I know this dude didn't just try to claim Pac being half Filipino.

this is what i dislike about our culture... 
looking at other (3rd world) countries progress in the arts gets me so mad... 

meanwhile.. Filipinos are giddy for the next installment of Shake Rattle & Roll.... 

Back
Top Bottom