How far back in history do you go when arguing about sports?

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Originally Posted by AG 47

How are you a Jets and Cowboys fan? Uneffingbelievable.
No "home" team.

Boyz = Texas pride. I like what Rex Ryan, Revis and Mark S. are doing in NYC.
smokin.gif

Pick a team man
laugh.gif

i don't see nothing wrong with it as long as it's a legit reason behind it like that dude rolaholic who likes the heat and celtics.  i've liked the jets and 49ers since 1994 and never felt the need to stop following or liking either one of them and im not going to stop liking either team i've followed since i was a little kid.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

OP I think you need to relax. Its not that srs. Maybe one day you'll live to see your teams win a chip. But don't get your hopes up.

I saw my team win 4 of them... but thanks?

Originally Posted by AG 47

The one timeless argument that frustrates me is when I run into somebody who feels athletes get paid too much. And that doctors, lawyers, etc...should make more money than professional athletes.

My buddy put it in a way that shreds that argument to pieces. The Top 300 professionals in the nation of any field will command top dollar. Top 300 doctors, Top 300 lawyers, etc...all make millions. Same way for professional athletes.
hate that argument as well.

I always justify Pro Athlete's salaries by saying their abilities are what justify their pay. Anyone can study to be a doctor, or lawyer. No amount of school can give you a Calvin Johnson or LeBron James skillset. They get paid because they have, almost, supernatural abilities that only a small percenatage of people have.

I just go back as far as I need to in order to prove my point. If going back further bolsters my argument, then I'll go back to the beginning of time. If it's the opposite, I will say it's invalid. Act like you don't.

Originally Posted by CJ616

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

I only go as far back as what I have witnessed with my own eyes and was able to coherently process. 

This.
Dudes bringing up Championships that their teams won when they were 3 years old <*

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This

[table][tr][td]
off_line.gif
ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 11/03/11 2:09 PM
[/td][td]
Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

*cough cough* Cowboys, ******** fans *cough cough*

[/td][/tr][/table]

It depends on the context of the argument.

Cant use history as a Hail Mary to save your argument, you also can't dismiss history.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Exactly, MBen. It's like the Chris Johnson argument I got into when I said he CURRENTLY wasn't a top 3 back, and people went crazy. It happens - dudes have down years. Does it mean that next year he'll bounce back? Of course it could happen, and he could rush for another 2k.

But right now, Chris Johnson is playing terrible and shouldn't be brought up with AP, Rice, Foster, and McCoy. *shrugs*
This is an example of an argument where u can use the past to help u out though........(not saying this is true its just a fantasy argument) what if i said Johnson is better the mccoy though it just so happens that his oline is crap this year because of a bunch of injuries. Just look at what he did last year with a slightly above average oline he destroyed the league, and Mccoy right now has the best oline in the league and he isnt putting up even close to the same stats as CJ....So u cant tell me CJ isnt a better back hes just playing behing a crap oline right now

Originally Posted by HankMoody

You didn't know? Sports has a fan problem. There is no other subject more accessible to an idiot than sports.
adkjnfjkanfkankfja

stealing this
laugh.gif

Anything past this or that season. 
I have never to this day used this Cowboys Rings as an excuse.

When someone brings up how many rings their team has you know you're arguing with someone who has no clue! 

Every team, and I mean every team starts over at the beginning of every year 0-0 and that ishh from last year does not mean a damn thing!

Packers are last years champions, Saints are the year before that's champions, Steelers etc... 

Don't none of that mean anything!

Even if it was the Cowboys, I'll brag or take pride in that during the off-season but as soon as the new season starts it's a whole new game.

'Cause I promise you those other teams got better! 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom