How fast is your internet connection?

I live in Navotas and my connection is 10mb/s but i got a classmate that says he's got 30mb/s and he lives in Marikina and he's got Globe BB on and i got DSL is there a difference? is GBB really faster?
TEAM UST TIGERS​

"Go Uste! Go Uste! Go Uste! Go Go Go Go Go Uste!"​

10Mbps? 30Mbps? are you sure about these figures? i'm quite sure the max speed offered by both PLDT and Globe for their DSL services is @ 5Mbps and 3Mbps respectively. as per your question, my connection is only @ 512kbps.
HOY! Pinoy ako!

how exactly do you know the ACTUAL speed of your broadband connection?

Mine says 100 Mbs. I really am not sure if that is the actual speed or that's the maximum speed.
JOHN 3:16For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life

100Mbps is your LAN (Local Area Connection) speed. that means your network switch can handle up to 100Mbps. your ACTUAL DSL, Broadband connection, whatever you call it, depends on your subscription with the telcos (PLDT or Globe for example). it can be measured by going to websites for measuring your DSL connection. PLDT has one in their site. here is the link; www.pldtdsl.com/speedtest.aspHOY! Pinoy ako!

Wow! You have some fast conns there. Here is my mine:

And I live off the net.
roll.gif

[size=+2]

sapatos yan, hindi trophy
[size=+1](Team [/size][size=+1]Back[/size] [size=+1]Spasms)[/size]

[/size]

Do not trust pldtdsl's test. It is configured to boost pldtdsl results.

[size=+2]

[/size]

^^^ that's some odd speed test you have there man. how come your upstream is faster than your downstream?
HOY! Pinoy ako!

this is new.. i switched from PLDT to Destiny (again) and it doesnt feel as fast as the speed test claims it is

^^^maybe your classmate has some relatives working with globe and just doing a free advert for them. :D
happy.gif

seriously, there are computer stuff (particularly with regards to internet) called cookies. these are files that helps your computer associate with files in the internet that you've recently viewed and/or downloaded. this way you can access those files faster. same thing is true for recently watched clips from youtube.

either that or your classmate is making you a so called "kwentong barbero". :rofl:
roll.gif
HOY! Pinoy ako!

Quote:
seriously, there are computer stuff (particularly with regards to internet) called cookies. these are files that helps your computer associate with files in the internet that you've recently viewed and/or downloaded. this way you can access those files faster. same thing is true for recently watched clips from youtube.
fretmarkssmall
.:: |Team| Lebron| Size9| ::.
.:: | bib10 | dOubleO | tdog91184 | visrael | ::.
.:: FOR SALE AIR FORCE 1 (AF1) Philippines sz 9 DS ::.​

DAMN double O! i need some of that speed right there! You can see how far behind the Philippines is tech. wise
TEAM UST TIGERS​

Quote:
Sorry fretmarks, but cookies are not Temporary Internet Files or Cached files. They are small text files that store session files such as logins etc.
HOY! Pinoy ako!

and by the way doubleO. i too envy your internet connection. what is your subscription package? your speed test shows 6.75Mbps. that's pretty fast man!
HOY! Pinoy ako!

^ Thanks, just a regular Cable DSL, I was also streaming a movie when I ran the test so it should be faster if the line was free :smile:
smile.gif
.:: |Team| Lebron| Size9| ::.
.:: | bib10 | dOubleO | tdog91184 | visrael | ::.
.:: FOR SALE AIR FORCE 1 (AF1) Philippines sz 9 DS ::.​

Wow again. Loads of techies here in NT Pi.
eek.gif
Only cookie I know is the blue thingie from Sesame Street.

Quote:
that's some odd speed test you have there man. how come your upstream is faster than your downstream?
Not really odd. It is caused by a line fault.

DoubleO, sorry bro. Not familiar with DSL pricing, for obvious reasons. All I know is that they start at around Php1K, not sure about the speed. Am sure somebody else would post the rates for you.
wink.gif

[size=+2]

[/size]

^ That is Cooky.

[size=+2]

[/size]

it took 5 seconds to get in this thread..
TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS----Team [Scrubs]
See You Are What You Are in this world, thats either 1 or 2 things, your either a somebody, or you a nobody.

Double O! floss some of your internet speed here....do vid. torrents dl in minutes? is video streaming uninterrupted?
TEAM UST TIGERS​

Back
Top Bottom