How Formal (or bohemian) is your job?

That’s why you talk about goofy ideas and random stupid **** @ work. talking about people, events, politics will get you murked

Lol physicians keeping each other in check is a goofy idea home boy? :ohwell: :rofl:stick to construction or whatever the f*** it is you do. But I have an important job where people can die if we don't police each other.

This is true the problem is my group is not the only entity I have to answer to. My company doesn't want me to get sued or fired but sometimes it's not up to them.

And we aren't police, we know we have the power to inflict harm and death on human beings. It behooves us to keep each other in check.

I'm a little bit more lax with my colleagues with peer reviews except in instances of gross negligence resulting in death or disability.

yeah that’s another reason I’m union. When someone goes drunkenly running into my truck and kills themselves and their kids sue me I got free lawyers.

The chance of my real life getting ruined by my work life and a lawsuit is a real possibility.

I’m sure you have the same problem in your field though.

One of my favorite doctors is an Expert witness in cases of child abuse resulting in death or injury. His job is literally to snitch on other doctors.

With how litigation prone the medical field is keeping each other competent even if it means snitching to management is way better than a 25 million dollar lawsuit.

yeah that’s another reason I’m union. When someone goes drunkenly running into my truck and kills themselves and their kids sue me I got free lawyers.

The chance of my real life getting ruined by my work life and a lawsuit is a real possibility.

I’m sure you have the same problem in your field though.

Yea but people are acting like unions are a free reign to not tell on people because of "brotherhood". The medical field is high stakes, we can't do that.

Even nurses who are in unions snitch all the time. They have multiple reporting hotlines for bad nurses and other medical professionals. I think we need to redefine what being in a union actually means. Unions are part of why the police get away with so much.

Reactions: LD7
i think we’re more referring to petty bs.

I mean if someone is putting people’s lives at risk I’m not pulling the brotherhood card. :lol:

Ok everything I've said wasn't petty. I was talking about cases of life and death. The gangsta "no snitching" culture doesn't exist in my field. I'll leave that nonsense to you.

Even nurses who are in unions snitch all the time. They have multiple reporting hotlines for bad nurses and other medical professionals. I think we need to redefine what being in a union actually means. Unions are part of why the police get away with so much.

police shouldn’t have unions.

the union should protect you from scum bag companies and scum bag bs they do. It shouldn’t be an excuse to be a scumbag.

Ok everything I've said wasn't petty. I was talking about cases of life and death. The gangsta "no snitching" culture doesn't exist in my field. I'll leave that nonsense to you.

i was agreeing with you dude, lighten up.

we we’re talking about not snitching about little stuff that could be handled without management getting involved. Not something with lethal consequences.

i’m not going to tell on somebody for running over a street sign. I’ll probably say something if they hop in the dozer drinking a bottle of Hennessy.

Last edited:
Not only am I pro-snitching on others. I'm pro snitching on myself. It's been said communication of your mistakes is the easiest way to avoid litigation. Just come clean.

Not only am I pro-snitching on others. I'm pro snitching on myself. It's been said communication of your mistakes is the easiest way to avoid litigation. Just come clean.

plus when you snitch on yourself you never get blamed for other people’s stuff because they know you’ll just admit when you’re wrong.

plus when you snitch on yourself you never get blamed for other people’s stuff because they know you’ll just admit when you’re wrong.

Yep. It"s also a communication issue patients and hospital administration don't like being lied to or feeling like they have been misled. They are less likely to pursue a law suit if you just come clean initially.

I work for a Manufacturing company and 90% of the time I'm on the manufacturing floor testing/assembling, so every day is steel toes, jeans, and t-shirts.

I can't speak for the people at the office side of work, but the majority of my colleagues who I see on the floor on a daily are cool people. Mostly old Asian dudes assembling our products.

No where near modern or “free spirited” like OP.

business casual. Dumb boring

cant flirt with no one
Cant congregate and chop it up
Personality is shunned
Coworkers are mundane and old

Glad I work from home still.

20211207_064306.jpg

Chilling. Minus the bouts of mental stress, best job ever.

Attachments

• 20211207_064142.jpg
    20211207_064142.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 85
I work in the most casual space. We are a farm so everyone is always in jeans and boots. I work not on the field so I pretty much wear what I want. Leggings and sweaters for winter with uggs and sandals and sneakers for spring. I have a great relationship with my boss and I’m currently working pt due to coming back for maternity leave. It’s actual the most chill place I’ve worked and I love it.

Only worked in restaurants so it’s all over the place :lol:
I’m used to eating **** if I needed to, 0 benefits , no future, all that. If you know, you know how it is
I’ve been making cash and tips for so long it’s gonna be a hard switch but I gotta do it

Looking to make a change to a real career now. Looking into IT/tech
I’ve delivered catering to hundreds of offices and there’s definitely differences. Some places you couldn’t pay me to work there. Some seem dope. I’m in Boston so there’s a plethora of tech places
I am definitely hoping to find a relaxed place. Working from home would be cool too

met some friends along the way and a ton of insane characters :lol:

Back
Top Bottom