How Formal (or bohemian) is your job?

Only worked in restaurants so it’s all over the place :lol:
I’m used to eating **** if I needed to, 0 benefits , no future, all that. If you know, you know how it is
I’ve been making cash and tips for so long it’s gonna be a hard switch but I gotta do it

Looking to make a change to a real career now. Looking into IT/tech
I’ve delivered catering to hundreds of offices and there’s definitely differences. Some places you couldn’t pay me to work there. Some seem dope. I’m in Boston so there’s a plethora of tech places
I am definitely hoping to find a relaxed place. Working from home would be cool too

met some friends along the way and a ton of insane characters :lol:
Boston is the last city on the east coast I would try to compete in when it comes to tech/it. Your competition is kids from Harvard, MIT and BC. Good luck.

Im a FED. The earliest I can begin is 6:30am the earliest we can leave is 3pm. Core hours are 9 - 3.

I work 6:30 to 3.

Boston is the last city on the east coast I would try to compete in when it comes to tech/it. Your competition is kids from Harvard, MIT and BC. Good luck.
Nah big schools like this have a more geographically spread student body, locals usually account for less than 20 percent. Don't let thoughts like that limit you, career changers tend to bust *** once they get the opportunity.

Now is a good time to leave, go for it. Call some of those friends you made delivering to and start there. Gotta use who you know.

Even nurses who are in unions snitch all the time. They have multiple reporting hotlines for bad nurses and other medical professionals. I think we need to redefine what being in a union actually means. Unions are part of why the police get away with so much.
My girl constantly rants about how horrible her nurse co workers are. It's come to the point where they boast about cheating their way thru school. I'm not a nurse, but i personally wouldn't prefer these people who boast about their terrible practices; I can't fathom how they'd cheat their way through real life practices.... Not only that, they gossip their mouths off creating this middle school environment. I was telling her if you keep ranting to me, I'm going to call some nursing boards to take a deep look at the people they're bringing in.

I'm a special education teacher at a high school. It feels exactly like high school, the teachers are all clique-y the coaches are all buddies, foreign languages are another group, honors teachers mostly pretentious. Most of my IAs come in and hang in my room before school and during breaks. I don't get dressed up like I used to, its mostly jeans, sneakers, tshirts, and a hat. Admin doesn't give me a hard time about my casual dress because what are they going to say when the art teacher's a hipster rockabilly looking dude with tats everywhere and on his face hahaha.

Admin doesn't give me a hard time about my casual dress because what are they going to say when the art teacher's a hipster rockabilly looking dude with tats everywhere and on his face hahaha.
Did social work for a long time. Back in the days tatts and piercing was foreign and they wanted us to cover. i got neck/arm tatts when i was a 17 and never covered. When your work ethic speaks louder than your appearance people respect it

this is how i used to mess around at work. pics are super old and yes, the monitor was tiny.
180664_131242523608705_3960241_n.jpg

182752_138031956263095_3970602_n.jpg

180272_133038206762470_3798534_n (1).jpg

132775_129471790452445_6769450_o.jpg

I work for an independent estate planner. Boss, me an our assistant (share office space with other independent advisors). Crunch numbers, plan proposals and service the book of business. Clients are mostly private practice doctors and all of them are cool AF. We go into work with a collared shirt, jeans and whatever shoes we wanna wear. Vibes are chill but work can get hectic at times.

Did social work for a long time. Back in the days tatts and piercing was foreign and they wanted us to cover. i got neck/arm tatts when i was a 17 and never covered. When your work ethic speaks louder than your appearance people respect it
Exactly, I've been the department chair, part of the leadership committee for years now. I work hard and get stuff done, but won't see me in a tie.

Cool, but I’m not walking up to someone dressed like a bum wanting their devices. Maybe that’s just me. I’m not talking about wearing brand names, just having some respect for the work place. Big money deals too? Naw

My girl constantly rants about how horrible her nurse co workers are. It's come to the point where they boast about cheating their way thru school. I'm not a nurse, but i personally wouldn't prefer these people who boast about their terrible practices; I can't fathom how they'd cheat their way through real life practices.... Not only that, they gossip their mouths off creating this middle school environment. I was telling her if you keep ranting to me, I'm going to call some nursing boards to take a deep look at the people they're bringing in.

As long as they are keeping each other in check. I would rather have that than a nursing fraternity were they protect each other no matter how bad they are. Nurses don't stick together, they snitch in a heartbeat and that's OK.

You should report any bad behavior. I've been a patient and I can tell you the differences in the quality of nurses in the field is crazy. The schools are not created equal, some are more rigorous than others. But we should hope they atleast abide by a common code of ethics that protects their patients.

Last edited:
When I was a nursing intern I think I heard enough gossip for a lifetime. Had to quit nursing due to chronic disease so I can only speak about various internships but across the board I'd just get bombarded with gossip. Most in my class had similar experiences.

About as informal as it can get. I’m an IT support and web administrator for a company that organizes a kind of group therapy sessions for adult students. Legally we can’t call it therapy though, we use the term ‘talking sessions.’

I can wear whatever I want and there’s a policy of complete openness. If someone shows up to a meeting high on coke (which has happened), that’s fine too as long as you’re willing to admit it and allow the others to try to help.

I was initially a volunteer, as are most of our current employees, but now have a paid position.

The work atmosphere is like a utopia tbh, everyone gets along really well and a lot of us frequently associate outside of work. The ratio of male to female employees is very skewed though, aside from myself there’s only a handful of other guys compared to about 2 dozen women.
I can do coke and just have to admit it, place sounds awesome.

I can do coke and just have to admit it, place sounds awesome.
As long as it doesn't have a substantial impact on performing your duties. One of my coworkers, who I've since grown very close friends with, is a fullblown cocaine/modafinil junkie but management is generally very satisfied with her job performance. She's also the one who showed up to a meeting high on coke once.
Management decided from early on that as a mental health organization, the workplace should be open and welcoming to employees' personal struggles.

Reactions: ace
Market manage @ festival/events. employees are drunk high on my site all the time. If you can work and do the damn thing then we cool.. Just share with me

Google. When in office work was pretty relaxing. No dress code, free to come and go as long as meetings are attended, lots of activity within office (gym, pickup, local events etc) that folks often go to throughout the day.

Everything within reason of course. Now WFH everything is up in the air

Google. When in office work was pretty relaxing. No dress code, free to come and go as long as meetings are attended, lots of activity within office (gym, pickup, local events etc) that folks often go to throughout the day.

Everything within reason of course. Now WFH everything is up in the air

PM or technical?

debating on a career change again.

this place is begging me to come work for them and I said you got to pay up because I don't need the money. now they are debating. :lol: I'm sick of working seasonal construction and losing my whole summer and being bored all winter. I could also take unlimited vacations even if I blow through all the paid time off.

if they pay close to what I get at my current job I might take it, I'm burnt out and already dreading going back to work in 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom