How Formal (or bohemian) is your job?

I work for government defense contractor for the navy. Super laid back, never any rush because things have to be perfect since its for the Navy. My coworkers are great which is a huge plus at any I've ever had. Been here almost three years and would like to stay here for a while. The company treats us all very well and provide many perks such as cater lunch 3 times a week. I would like to stay with this company for along time.

I notice the lesser paid, less important jobs seem to have the more strict and self important people . Like some goofy *** retail assistant manager in your face about nothing or like that Popeyes manager that put his hands on an underage employee for clocking. Boy if that was my kid he would be getting a visit after Popeyes pays out.

My office at my current job (software company) doesn't have a dress code as far as I know. I generally just wear chelsea boots, long pants, a t-shirt, a blazer and my full jewelry setup.

Work as a business development rep for a company that makes windows, walls and doors and there is no dress code. Some people wear business casual but must are casual and usually wear tshirt, jeans or slacks and sneakers or red wing boots

Cole Haan w/ jeans or chino’s and a polo shirt/ sweater/ t-shirt tends to be the standard for me.
AC6555B4-9964-428F-9641-95F383AFA6E6.jpeg

03D8EA32-6022-4A52-A52D-4754C87DAC26.jpeg
Thats me right now except black chinos and a polo, and I’m overdressed compared to everyone else.
image.jpg

My job was pretty formal prior to pandemic. Now I rock button up and slacks w/Loafers
i’d say compared to most your job is still pretty formal

after the shutdown from the pandemic it really feels like dressing up is dumb

No dress code and only have to come in two days a week. I usually wear gym clothes. Its cold now though so imma start rocking my normal casual gear.

I thought this would maybe be pushing it at the office but the boss didn't bat an eye, so I think I can pretty much wear whatever I want.
d8afb6fb-ab4d-4a5a-b1eb-42a1f23dc365-jpeg.3051495

I work finance and we can were jeans, just have to have a button up or polo, unless we're a company shirt from a event. So pretty chill, and just going in 2 days a week

As long as it doesn't have a substantial impact on performing your duties. One of my coworkers, who I've since grown very close friends with, is a fullblown cocaine/modafinil junkie but management is generally very satisfied with her job performance. She's also the one who showed up to a meeting high on coke once.
Management decided from early on that as a mental health organization, the workplace should be open and welcoming to employees' personal struggles.
Had to reply to this but these are real facts. My co-worker and I joke about smoking weed after we get off in our bosses presence. He joins in with the jokes because our deadlines are stupid stressful and everybody is always locked in and stays late. Industries with uncommon talents let a lot slide if you’re the cream of the crop.

Back
Top Bottom