How good is Nnamdi Asomugha?

I knew this guy is good, but is he really THIS good?

"Asomugha faced only nine passes in Oakland's first eightgames
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. On Wednesday, Fox said you have to go back to the days when Deion Sanders roamed the NFL landscape to find a cornerback who sees so fewpasses."

"If you look at the #1 receivers of the teams that have played the Raiders, not a single one has scored a touchdownagainst the Raiders since the first week of the season. This list includes Steve Smith, Dwayne Bowe, Lee Evans, Roddy White,Vincent Jackson, Lance Moore, Derrick Mason and Lavernues Coles. Now that's an impressive list of receivers and not a single one gained over 100yards or scored a touchdown against the Raiders."

Just throwing this out there..

Jake Delhomme went 7-27 when Asomugha was D-ing up Steve Smith...therefore part of Smith's struggles were due to that

Saints had no problem against the Raiders, let me go look for the stats of that game. brb with a edit.

[table][tr][th=""]Receiving[/th] [th=""]REC[/th] [th=""]YDS[/th] [th=""]TD[/th] [th=""]LG[/th] [/tr][tr][td]L. Moore[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]97[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]27[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Henderson[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]68[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]51[/td] [/tr][tr][td]B. Miller[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]53[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]25
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]R. Bush[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]21[/td] [/tr][tr][td]M. Campbell[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]37[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]29[/td] [/tr][/table]

And wth do those stats have to do with CB #21?

And another Nnamdi thread...

I'm mad I put yall on to him 2 yrs ago when teams actually threw at him and got they food ate!

Originally Posted by leothegod

[table][tr][th=""]Receiving[/th] [th=""]REC[/th] [th=""]YDS[/th] [th=""]TD[/th] [th=""]LG[/th] [/tr][tr][td]L. Moore[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]97[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]27[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Henderson[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]68[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]51[/td] [/tr][tr][td]B. Miller[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]53[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]25

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]R. Bush[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]21[/td] [/tr][tr][td]M. Campbell[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]37[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]29[/td] [/tr][/table]

you do realize that the stats yo posted have nothing what so ever to do with the subject at hand dont you?

the guy is da TRUTH!!! and with the Saints game...its mostly a 4 wide/5-wide set 4 brees and hes throwing over 40 times a game...so nnamdi has most definetelybeen holding his. It's going to be interesting to see the pro bowl cb selections. I hope the fans vote nnamdi for his for quality over quantity...

Originally Posted by jeoma789

the guy is da TRUTH!!! and with the Saints game...its mostly a 4 wide/5-wide set 4 brees and hes throwing over 40 times a game...so nnamdi has most definetely been holding his. It's going to be interesting to see the pro bowl cb selections. I hope the fans vote nnamdi for his for quality over quantity...
guy is 4th in cb voting in the afc. behind bailey, finnegan and bum %*% cromartie
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

And wth do those stats have to do with CB #21?

And another Nnamdi thread...

I'm mad I put yall on to him 2 yrs ago when teams actually threw at him and got they food ate!

but one thing you have to think about is that the east side barely gets a chance to look at nnamdi... I remember i started getting wit nnamdi 2 years ago andthat game the raiders beat pittsburgh in oakland...so he's been playing outstanding.

Originally Posted by leothegod

[table][tr][th=""]Receiving[/th] [th=""]REC[/th] [th=""]YDS[/th] [th=""]TD[/th] [th=""]LG[/th] [/tr][tr][td]L. Moore[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]97[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]27[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Henderson[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]68[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]51[/td] [/tr][tr][td]B. Miller[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]53[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]25
Neat stats, you know he wasn't covering everybody on the field right?
Blame a lot of Raiders players and coaches for Sunday's 34-3 loss to the Saints. Just leave cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha out of it.

After all, opposing teams always do.

Saints quarterback Drew Brees completed 26 of 30 passes for 320 yards, but only one of those throws went toward Asomugha.

After the game, Brees let Asomugha know it wasn't by accident.

"He laughed," Asomugha said of their postgame conversation. "He told me, 'Not today.' "

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...2008/10/13/SPA813FT79.DTL

Originally Posted by JBnSOUL

Originally Posted by vctry20

Originally Posted by dreClark

Deangelo Hall >>>> Nmamansr Asdsdrpewfpfdssja

http://innovationzen.com/...ontent/uploads/preach.jpg src="http://innovationzen.com/.../uploads/preach.jpg" width=418>

That's a very wrong statement. DeAngelo Hall can play good in a zone at best because he is fast and get to places. Strictly man-to-man coverage sticking to a receiver and reacting to his moves, Nnamdi is far superior...

I was being sarcastic

Back
Top Bottom