How good of a year was 2010 for Hip Hop?

I honestly don't remember the last time there was so much quality music in 1 year.

For the most part I only listen to listen to a few artists. So feel free to to add to this list.

-Kanye West owned 2010. I was disappointed with the album, ONLY because I heard half of it 3 months in advance. Had I heard it for the first time, it'd be by far the best album of the year, and I still think it could be. The isn't a bad song on it. The production is insane. Oh and did I mention he has the internet going nuts every Friday night/Saturday morning? I was skeptical when he said he'd release a song ever Friday, but he hasn't missed one yet. And we still have 6 to go. I have people who hate Kanye telling me the stuff they've heard from the album is good. He's not the best rapper, but makes GREAT music.

-J.Cole is about to blow up (I hope). I honestly think he is the future of real hip hop. Not only did he just bless us with a great tape, but all year long he has been dropping random songs that are great. Premediated Murder, It Won't Be Long, Higher, Villematic, Relaxation, Problems, The Plan, No Holding Me Back, The Last Stretch, its VERY rare he drops a song I dont like, and I think most of NT would agree.

-Eminem with Recovery. I know some people like it, some people don't. I loved it. Maybe it's because I was getting over a tough break up and songs like 25 to Life, No Love, and Spacebound helped me get through that. But it was easily his best album since The Eminem Show. If that wasn't enough he did the Home and Home shows with Jay-Z. Luckily I live in Em's home state and was able to attend this concert. Was truly an experience I'll never forget.

-Jay-Z and Eminem home and home tour. Sure it was limited to 4 shows, and only in 2 states, but anyone who attended would agree it was incredible. I knew people who don't even like rap who went to the concert to see two of hip hops biggest names. People traveled from all over to see this show, and it did not disappoint.

-This last one is going to get a lot of NTers hating, but I personally LOVE the new Cudi album. I am at the point IDK if I even really consider Cudi hip hop/rap or whatever, but whatever he is, I can vibe to everything he puts out.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to Rap, and can't stand a lot of it. I could care less about Waynes release. I'll just put it this way, I've already purchased 2 albums this year...
roll.gif
And know I'll be buying Kanye. That says a lot considering before that I bought 2 albums in a 2 year span.

If theres anything you'd like to add please feel free. If you don't agree with what I've already added, sure feel free to debate. But either way I think most of us can agree, 2010 has been a good year.

I honestly don't remember the last time there was so much quality music in 1 year.

For the most part I only listen to listen to a few artists. So feel free to to add to this list.

-Kanye West owned 2010. I was disappointed with the album, ONLY because I heard half of it 3 months in advance. Had I heard it for the first time, it'd be by far the best album of the year, and I still think it could be. The isn't a bad song on it. The production is insane. Oh and did I mention he has the internet going nuts every Friday night/Saturday morning? I was skeptical when he said he'd release a song ever Friday, but he hasn't missed one yet. And we still have 6 to go. I have people who hate Kanye telling me the stuff they've heard from the album is good. He's not the best rapper, but makes GREAT music.

-J.Cole is about to blow up (I hope). I honestly think he is the future of real hip hop. Not only did he just bless us with a great tape, but all year long he has been dropping random songs that are great. Premediated Murder, It Won't Be Long, Higher, Villematic, Relaxation, Problems, The Plan, No Holding Me Back, The Last Stretch, its VERY rare he drops a song I dont like, and I think most of NT would agree.

-Eminem with Recovery. I know some people like it, some people don't. I loved it. Maybe it's because I was getting over a tough break up and songs like 25 to Life, No Love, and Spacebound helped me get through that. But it was easily his best album since The Eminem Show. If that wasn't enough he did the Home and Home shows with Jay-Z. Luckily I live in Em's home state and was able to attend this concert. Was truly an experience I'll never forget.

-Jay-Z and Eminem home and home tour. Sure it was limited to 4 shows, and only in 2 states, but anyone who attended would agree it was incredible. I knew people who don't even like rap who went to the concert to see two of hip hops biggest names. People traveled from all over to see this show, and it did not disappoint.

-This last one is going to get a lot of NTers hating, but I personally LOVE the new Cudi album. I am at the point IDK if I even really consider Cudi hip hop/rap or whatever, but whatever he is, I can vibe to everything he puts out.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to Rap, and can't stand a lot of it. I could care less about Waynes release. I'll just put it this way, I've already purchased 2 albums this year...
roll.gif
And know I'll be buying Kanye. That says a lot considering before that I bought 2 albums in a 2 year span.

If theres anything you'd like to add please feel free. If you don't agree with what I've already added, sure feel free to debate. But either way I think most of us can agree, 2010 has been a good year.

My son Spitta put out one of the best mixtapes of the year and followed it up w/ a solid *%$ album.

and he boutta drop another album next week!

My son Spitta put out one of the best mixtapes of the year and followed it up w/ a solid *%$ album.

and he boutta drop another album next week!

Originally Posted by awwsome

One of the best in my lifetime.

This.

Simply incredible.

Not even on the mainstream level. Wiz. Dom. KRIT. Yelawolf. Tyga. L.E.$. Currensy.  Chris Brown came back.

Too much to name dude.

I called it a few months ago but some said i was premature... I think its fair to assume the fans won big in 2010.

Drake went Plat. Nicki revamped the mainstream female MC scene. Wayne showed artists how to be gone and never leave. Jay-Z made major moves. 50 showed more promise. Lloyd Banks is on the verge of releasing a banger. New NERD album. B.O.B. showed his @@!. Bun B got major play.

First single from Detox
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by awwsome

One of the best in my lifetime.

This.

Simply incredible.

Not even on the mainstream level. Wiz. Dom. KRIT. Yelawolf. Tyga. L.E.$. Currensy.  Chris Brown came back.

Too much to name dude.

I called it a few months ago but some said i was premature... I think its fair to assume the fans won big in 2010.

Drake went Plat. Nicki revamped the mainstream female MC scene. Wayne showed artists how to be gone and never leave. Jay-Z made major moves. 50 showed more promise. Lloyd Banks is on the verge of releasing a banger. New NERD album. B.O.B. showed his @@!. Bun B got major play.

First single from Detox
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Made me love hip-hop again.... Really loved Drake, Wiz, Chris Brown & Tyga, Kanye, Ross, Jay-Z this year..... Not to mention I discovered Jay Electronica and vibed out to a ton of Curren$y.

Started to love trap music too, Gucci went super ham this year in my car.

Made me love hip-hop again.... Really loved Drake, Wiz, Chris Brown & Tyga, Kanye, Ross, Jay-Z this year..... Not to mention I discovered Jay Electronica and vibed out to a ton of Curren$y.

Started to love trap music too, Gucci went super ham this year in my car.

Honestly the best I've heard in years and it's not even done yet. It seemed like every two to three weeks there was an amazing album to bump. I love it. And even just music in general this year has been incredible. Finally artists have realized in order to combat the internet and have people buy your actual album you have to make something worth buying. 

Back
Top Bottom