How hard is it to get a new car at invoice/below invoice price?

I've heard it very seldomly about people getting cars at or below invoice price, but it's possible. But considering the economy at the moment, I would imagine it to be a higher possibiliy. My gf is considering getting a new audi a4 or maybe a TT, so we're trying to see how much she's expecting to pay.Thoughts? Experiences?

If she wanted a Toyota her chances would be a lot higher

I think an NTer posted a tips/trick thread on this I remember someone saying go at the end of the month chances are higher

Honestly, depends on who you know. A friend of mine works for Nissan got his parents a new CR-V at invoice price because he's known the guys at the Honda dealership for years. Still have to include taxes & other fees on a new car that usually still brings the price up more than expected.

Depending on what incentives the manufacturer is offering the dealer, there are times when you can get a car at/below invoice.  It involves a ton of skill/knowledge/luck.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

If she wanted a Toyota her chances would be a lot higher
laugh.gif
 i know.
but i just thought since the economy isnt doing too well, there would be a surplus of $40-45k cars, so theyd do anything to at least get them off the lot 

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I've heard it very seldomly about people getting cars at or below invoice price, but it's possible. But considering the economy at the moment, I would imagine it to be a higher possibiliy. My gf is considering getting a new audi a4 or maybe a TT, so we're trying to see how much she's expecting to pay.Thoughts? Experiences?

the new audi TT is crack an if your girl is a looker she gonna get a lot of looks in that joint
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

the new audi TT is crack an if your girl is a looker she gonna get a lot of looks in that joint
pimp.gif

thats what she wants, but after tax, fees, and financing it might be outta the picture for now
grin.gif

Easy, but why buy new. I just copped a 07 Volvo off lease for a great deal. If she is looking for a A4, she could get and 08 09 at a great deal right now. DON'T BUY NEW!

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Easy, but why buy new. I just copped a 07 Volvo off lease for a great deal. If she is looking for a A4, she could get and 08 09 at a great deal right now. DON'T BUY NEW!

why is it not good to buy?

Buy at the end of the year when the dealer is clearing inventory for the 2011's.  End of the month is good to because the dealer's have quotas to reach or else the car company won't back them as much.  I work at a dealership. 

Call The Consumer Reports New Car Service 1-800-332-6331.
Because the MSRP and the dealer invoice price are artificial numbers created by the car manufacturer and dealer to serve their negotiating purposes.

Try and find out about unadvertised dealer incentives and holdbacks.

Info i got from reading consumer reports mag.

Buying a new car is pretty bad since the car loses half its value once you drive it off the lot.

At least with a used car, when you mess something up you're not already breaking your wallet.

Depreciation. Personally, the kinds of cars I own/will own (EVO, GT-R) are beat on like punching bags, so I'll never buy one used. But a car like that, I would. Just make sure to get it checked out.

Depends on what type of car you are looking for, what time of the month, and what time of the model year cycle.

Luxury cars like Audis, Mercedes, and BMW are notoriously hard to get at invoice or below. Usually if it's the last year of a model before it gets redesigned you can probably swing it, otherwise a lot of them have the mentality of "if you're not willing to pay the price, somebody else will."

As for buying new, it's pretty satisfying to pick up a vehicle with only 8 miles on the odometer. I can understand wanting to save money, but if you can afford it new is the way to go in my opinion.

if she has good credit its not hard at all. I used to work for a dealership about 3years ago. walk in there n be like i wanna buy a car at invoice price no ifs or buts? walk in there like you know what your talking about. Also dont give off right off the back what car your there for, cuz theyll try n sucka you into a deal that not really a deal at all.

probably because of the sharp decrease in value the second you sign the paper

Should be realtivley easy, hell some are even selling cars for less than invoice.....Shop around and send emails to sales managers with what you are willing to pay.  If the MSRP is $30k, offer $25 and they may send a counter offer for $26K...

and finns made a great point, i wouldn't even consider taking a leased car because everyone, and I MEAN everyone i've met/talked to straight abuses their car because they know its going back to the dealarship.

Angel

Volvo!?

Buy used prevents you from taking the initial 15% depreciation hit on the car once you leave the lot with a new car. However, I wouldn't suggest buying a used car when my GF wants a new car...
ohwell.gif

Certain japanese cars hold their value. My RSX's value has barely dropped 1K since I bought 2 years ago. Euro cars value on the other hand drop like one ton weight off the sears tower. Don't get me started on the maintenance for Euros.

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

Should be realtivley easy, hell some are even selling cars for less than invoice.....Shop around and send emails to sales managers with what you are willing to pay.  If the MSRP is $30k, offer $25 and they may send a counter offer for $26K...
yea i thought about that too. but these mutha *#%++++ will call you 24/7 and bug the !*%+ outta you!

Depends what model it is. If it's a not so hot selling model, you have a pretty good chance

Bought a 2009 Honda Civic EX-L Automatic for 18100 out the door ( no taxes yet of course ) back in summer 09
Because Honda gives no rebate only low APR, and their sales are usuallygreat they don't deal back much I thought I did a good job

Because it's such a big purchase you will need to research researchresearch (a ton of reading basically) I can give you the resources therest is up to you
Deny everything they want you to buy, that stupid scratch protection or ANYTHING they give you, even a warranty

If you need more info PM me

Back
Top Bottom