How has the internet changed sneaker collecting for YOU?

What, in your opinions on the pros and cons of the internet in relation to sneaker collecting?

For me, it would be the hype, outrageous resale prices, and non creative brands popping up all over the place.

As for the pros, I think the hype is good to an extent. I'll never "camp" for a long period of time but when release dates are posted you go to the store knowing you're going to be in line with people who have a lot of the same interests as you and it's nice to socialize with them. Also, sites like NT where people come together to discuss sneakers but also branch out into pure lulz, music, etc is awesome.

sice I'm only 22 I feel like I started collecting during the internet age. Overall I'd say it been great for me. The internet has given me thw ability to cop almost any shoe I want as long as my money is right

the internet gave me opportunities that I wouldn't have gotten if we didn't have sneaker communities online
pimp.gif

Well anyone who says it hasn't is probably lying, considering what website we're on right now. A majority of us came to this site for information, release dates, sneak peaks of sneakers. So for me, the internet opened up my interest and greatly expanded my knowledge.

It's a double edge sword, the benefits of being able to buy online, search the internet, ebay, etc. for hard to find shoes that we missed out on or never got, is definitely a good thing. But at the same time, the internet allows for price inflation and excessive reselling.

I never collected sneakers, I just bought shoes I liked and wore them a lot.  The internet has made it easier for me to find sneakers on sale but also sneakers that are above retail b/c they are harder to get.

Yea, I stopped collecting about 2 years ago now.. And I do blame the internet for the downward spiral this has gone in to, it was a blessing for keeping the community alive more or less, but its as good as it is bad. Just ins't the same anymore. Getting too old for this stuff, I just have what I have now and I am content with that.

I mean basically the net has allowed me to purchase kicks from spots I wouldn't have known about otherwise..........
on the other hand,the net watered this *!+% down and EVERYBODY is a """"""sneakerhead"""""" now.Let's not even get started on the hype!

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

I mean basically the net has allowed me to purchase kicks from spots I wouldn't have known about otherwise..........
Agreed. I've purchased kicks from all over the country. Thanks, internet!!

But the sneaker companies seem to have noticed how much the collectors clamor for exclusivity, so they slap a "limited" tag on anything and it becomes impossible to get for people who legitimately like the shoe (evidenced by the Metallic Red Foamposite One thread in Nike Retro). The hype starts on he internet. HOWEVER, this makes the "regular" sneakers easy to get for the people who just want a cool pair, not to be the only dude in their town with some quickstrike, Tier 0 pair.

the internet is a gift and a curse. The gift is the ability to find info on a shoe easier
happy.gif
. The curse is the hype some kicks get and it drives up the price for resale.
ohwell.gif

It started collecting for me... Back in bout the 8th grade.... I been outta high school for five years... I stopped collecting right after high school...

I used to just go to a bunch of shoe stores and see what they had. Kind of made it more exiting. Now its more work.. But I dont buy nikes anymore... too many

#$!!#*$ internetz made me broke!

but seriously, living in canada, its nearly impossible to get some releases w/o purchasing online

I need those AJKOs!!!! anyone in the south FL area know where to cop
nerd.gif
sz9.5 or 9

other then that I still where the same rotation every week, I got a lot of sneaker that havent been worn in years

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

It started collecting for me... Back in bout the 8th grade.... I been outta high school for five three years... I stopped collecting right after high school...

Originally Posted by solemunchies

the internet gave me opportunities that I wouldn't have gotten if we didn't have sneaker communities online
pimp.gif

QFT
smokin.gif
.... i wouldnt have half of my collection.

better prices and the chance to buy old stuff that i missed out in

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Well anyone who says it hasn't is probably lying, considering what website we're on right now. A majority of us came to this site for information, release dates, sneak peaks of sneakers. So for me, the internet opened up my interest and greatly expanded my knowledge.

It's a double edge sword, the benefits of being able to buy online, search the internet, ebay, etc. for hard to find shoes that we missed out on or never got, is definitely a good thing. But at the same time, the internet allows for price inflation and excessive reselling.

U can't c me but I just gave u a standing o my friend. Well put!

Back
Top Bottom