How I feel about JB...(long).

They way I feel about JB and it's audience can be summed up in one word...ridiculous. What I don't understand is why do people take "Jordan's" so freakin' serious? I mean it's just a shoe. What's so special about this shoe that has people beasting like they do over a shoe that came out in the '80's...got retroed in the '90's and going to be re-retroed again later this year? Why do they stand in long lines, sometimes colder than an early morning in Alaska just to get a shoe that they're just going to hop on Niketalk and sell? Then we have the fakes...the worst thing about that is, all the kid's buying them, supporting basically nothing.  I understand that Jordan being a staple in the shoe business and they know what their customers want, but, the ridiculous colors, styles, Spiz'ikes for example..they're no Air Force One's I mean, but come on? All these different schemes and names and what-not...why can't it just be kept simple? There were no Raging Bull 5's (or whatever they were called) in the '80's so why create them now. Not saying that it wasn't a nice colorway but man, classics are classics. It's nice to have a classic be retroed every now and then, but every dang week? Then the quality has gotten so bad that if you try them on, you might as well buy them because either the soles yellow, paint chips or they crease in the toe box area real bad. Now we have all these DMP, BMP, PCP, HIV, STD packages...it's silly to me. Release 2 shoes in one package just to get a little more money. Half the time the consumer doesn't even like one of the pairs and ultimately gets rid of them. JB should seriously stop retroing so darn much. Making these ill-gotten color schemes, stupid names for them and high priced packages with the dumb "quickstrike" release dates. If you're going to come out with the shoe, quit farting around and release the shoe. My feelings are far more in-depth but, George Lopez is on, lol. Feel free to flame me on how I feel...if other's feel the same...please comment on.

I understand your frustration but at the end of the day it's a business and JB wants to make as much money as they can and the way to do that is over saturate the market with all these team shoes and Spizzikes and fusions and all that so people who just want fashion shoes have something to buy and then real sneakerheads get so frustrated looking at this garbage that any retro, especially one with an OG colorway, blows out the day it releases. For me personally I just like the fact that they still do retro shoes because it gives me the ability to get shoes again that I used to own and love back in the day. It is frustrating that they are made of poorer quality now but in all reality JB doesn't have any reason to make retros but they do so I can't really complain too much. In my fantasy world the "Flight Club" on Jumpman23.com would be for ordering retro's that are only OG colorways and made with the same materials that were used when they were originally made. You can only order one at a time and they are like 10 bucks more kind of like NikeID. That would be my ultimate dream. Because trust me if I knew I could get a fresh pair of White/Cement III's anytime I wanted, I'd never buy another shoe again unless it was the newest to play basketball in. But that's just me.

somehow someway...somebody is gonna come in here saying its the "youngins"
laugh.gif

Ive never camped out for shoes and never will i feel u on some stuff no more fusions

The game has become mainstream and everyone thinks they're a sneakerhead now.

I don't think in any way that it's the younger crowd. I've seen older people get just as psyched as the younger crowd over a shoe that came out that they couldn't get when they were younger. Or get so overly attracted to the shiny patent leather, nubuck material or weird color arrangements.

Jordan Brand is a BUSINESS. They're here to make as much money as they possibly can. Why would they release a small amount of shoes if they know people are going to buy everything they produce? But also, Jordan needs to be creative... They cant keep retroing the same shoes every year, so they make new colorways and designs whether you like em or not. You cant be in the shoe business without moving forward and creating new shoes...

I agree with ur quality control bit, Jordan and Nike has been slacking in that department...

Jordan brand has somehow blinded their consumers with air jordans shoes more ever so than 80's 90's 50's 30' s 20's A.D's, B.C's all put together.......

Lol. I understand the business aspect of it but isn't it like a BMW...known for luxury? Do you see BMW putting fish tanks in their dashboards and patent leather on the backseats? No...they wouldn't do something ridiculous to obscure their image. Guess JB doesn't care and money is money, lol.

Originally Posted by LOVETHECOLUMBIAXI

I don't think in any way that it's the younger crowd. I've seen older people get just as psyched as the younger crowd over a shoe that came out that they couldn't get when they were younger. Or get so overly attracted to the shiny patent leather, nubuck material or weird color arrangements.

Lets just say the MAJORITY of the younger generations..........

To be quite frank, I DO think it's the younger crowd. They didn't come up in the era where you struggled, begged and pleaded to get a pair of Jordans. Now, you can get them in all different colors, shapes, sizes, cartoon characters, government figures...man, I just don't know.

I begged for Jordans, got lucky because my sister worked at Foot Locker when I was in 6th grade and my VERY first pair of Jordans were the Columbia XI's which I love so much, lol. Then the Bred XI's then from there on, my sister kept a hookup until I could afford my own pair which were the 16's when I went to the 9th grade.

It is more of the younger crowd buying up most of the crappy fusions and weird colorways. But it's Jordan Brand's fault for not keeping quality up to par...

Originally Posted by LOVETHECOLUMBIAXI

eek.gif

in that case....proceed on bashin JB i have no objections
pimp.gif

If they don't take them serious, they won't get them. If there were enough to go around, there would be no cause for camp outs and long lines. A good example would be the copper foams. With the high quantity of pairs, and all of the restocks, resellers were pretty much non factor. Kudos to nike for seeing the big picture, too bad jb doesn't.

Wish I could've been the first to reply on this post just so I could've been like....WHO %*!%%*+ CARES.

Its a money making business. JB doesn't care if they're flooding the market with all these side-projects, just as long as people feed into it, JB will continue to do so because apparently the money is pouring in. Stop caring about what other people are wearing, buy what you like and move on, geez.

i understand wht youre sayin but im not gonna bash JB, theyre doin something right they know theyre market even if theyre not puttin out the classic colorways or whatever. it wouldnt be smart to be re-releasing the same shoes over and over. classics are classics, but doesnt that mean just reproduce those. that wouldnt work. and as far as everyone buyin JB shoes, if they like em why not? im not gonna bash a kid who wants to buy some fusions just because its not from the 80s or 90s. i personally wouldnt buy fusions but i dont care if somebody else does. and with the quality, i will agree with you its not what it should be.

It all comes down to yourself in this argument. If you don't like them, don't buy them. It's plain and simple. JB always has a trump card up it's sleeve with the OG's. If they were to release the OG's all the time, then they wouldn't be "as special." (That's their reasoning, not mine). If they just gave us all colorways and all styles right up front, then what hype is there now? Reminds me a lot of the AF1 days where cats would sit out and wait for a different colorway of their beloved AF1. The Jordan I has turned into this, but not on such a large scale. To me, J's only look good in OG colorways. There are a few Retro + that I like, but VERY FEW. If you're not happy about the quality, don't buy. Don't like the way the company is going forward? Don't buy. Hell, go ahead and boycott Nike also, as they are JB's parent company. Everything JB does is approved by Nike.

It's the way businesses go. Cost cutting to pinch every penny. I've come to realize that Retro J's are just for casual wear now. JB really forgot what they came for. The greatest basketball shoe of all time. But yeah, I still cop because of the love...

Back
Top Bottom