How ILL is the Shawshank Redemption???

Man, this movie is up there for me. Too ill. Move was so solemn from the beginning up until Andy's true thoughts and cunningness was revealed. So, let's take it back to '94. How do yall feel about this flick?

"I swam down !$* creek and came up clean/With a new lease on life like Andy Dufresne" - Jay Electronica

Shawshank_Redemption.jpg

It's probably the most talked about film of all time along with The Godfather...

This is like making a post in the sports forum saying "How ill was Michael Jordan"

Originally Posted by StreetZDreaM

The Green Mile Won

See, I love the Green Mile too, in fact I think it's one of the best adaptions from King's books, but Shawshank is the best adaption of a King story. So no, Green Mile lost.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

It's probably the most talked about film of all time along with The Godfather...

This is like making a post in the sports forum saying "How ill was Michael Jordan"
Yeah rarely have I encountered someone who didn't like the movie. 

It's illness goes without saying.

The character Andy has some striking (albeit imperfect) parallels to the most famous messianic figure, Jesus of Nazareth. Both are condemned though innocent, both undergo a version of death, resurrection, and ascension, and both bring hope and redemption to their followers. Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine, whereas Andy's first wonder was convincing the guards to give the prisoners beer. After Andy escapes, his friends become like Jesus' twelve apostles, remembering their time with Andy and telling others about him. The warden also exhibits parallels to the hypocriticalreligious leaders who opposed Jesus. The writer/director Frank Darabontwas very gratified by the support for his film from the religiouscommunity, and he was pleased that they were not offended by thewarden, who was the only explicitly religious character in the film,and that they saw him as the hypocrite he was intended to be.

Back
Top Bottom