How is Cam'ron not considered a Hip Hop Legend?

Does Cam have a solid resume? Yes... Does he have better music than 80% of rappers? Yes..... but if you say he is a legend you open the flood gates to 100s ofother mc's to be legends.... Remember Hammer was big also... And impact you can say 50 has had just as big an impact as anyone. Then you can argue DMX hasa great catalog so he is a legend. Then say Ice Cube has some of the craziest songs in battle so he is a legend.. If Cam'ron is a legend then all of theguys I mentioned are legends because it is same criteria... And Cam has not been relevant for all 12 years.. There has been two different 3 year periods wherehe didn't exist... After Confessions of Fire and before Come Home With Me... After Funeral Music to like 2 months ago.

OH BOY WAS THE MOST PLAYED SINGLE ON THE RADIO EVER SINCE LLCOOLJ GOT ON DEFJAM

KILLA COULD MAKE IT INTO THE TOP HIPHOP SPOT

BUT HIS HATERS WEIGH OUT MORE THEN HIS TRUE FANS

UNLIKE JAY-Z .....WHO GOT FANS BY THE PLANET ....

JAYZ= OBAMA EVIL BRAIN WASHING FANS

CAM= RON PAUL

Neither Cam nor any of those other MC's you mentioned will go down as legends when all is said and done.

Think of it like the NBA. Every year there is a different set of All Stars. But not all of those guys will go down as legends. In fact, most will not.

Cam is an All Star. Not a legend. But I can ride with "cultural icon" for the madness he brought to the game for a minute.

We truly are in the LAST DAYS of the music forum. Just to bring everyone up to speed here, we went from Fat Joe being a legend to now Cam'ron being alegend, piss poor. Folks are providing ridiculous comments on why they feel Cam'ron is a legend. He's the first rapper to introduce that shade ofpink into the rap game, he's the first rapper from Harlem with tattoos on his hands, or look how fast he ran out of Rucker Park on that Youtube clip. Oneasinine comment followed by another as far as I'm concerned. People around here get the term veteran and legend for some reason, theyneed to educate themselves on the definition of the two. In short, Cam'ron is NO legend, never has been, never will be.

Fam your still butthurt over gotta love it, ive never saw you give cam props.. And the only time i would say Cam was irrelevant was during this past hiatus andthat's not because people weren't checkin for him, he simply put out NO material..

OP, Got to any state outside of NY and ask the same question.
Legends get love from every region.

Cam'Ron a legend?
laugh.gif

This is what you call a thread well wasted.

Cam has cemented his spot as a legend IMO.

-Part of a legendary group, albeit short-lived, in Children of the Corn.
-Huge cultural influence for a good 3-4 years.
-Great solo catalogue (COF, SDE, CHWM, Purple Haze)
-Diplomatic Immunity 1. Nuff said.
-Diplomat Mixtapes Vol. 1-5
-Classic mega-tracks (Fantastic Four Pt. 1 and 2, Banned From TV, etc.)
-Verses that go down in hip-hop history (That's Me, The ROC, Where I'm From, etc.)

It's easy to laugh at the statement because of where he stands now, and also because a lot of people just flat-out don't like Cam, but he had adamn good 8-10 year run, which is more than a lotof other "legends" can say.

Cam is a legend .... he has an untainted following. He made wearing pink the most popular color for a whole year ... he made is popular that even after hestopped wearing it kids still thought it was cool . He made on the best songs ever "purple haze" , and he also creates the best songs to
pimp.gif
too.

It's not just the rapper, it's the rapper's influence that makes an artist a legend.

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Originally Posted by sdfbheat

Cam = Vince Carter...
Vince Carter = HOF'er???????

its debatable and if he does make it he would be looked as one of the worse hall of famers...
word Dapper?! well that's your opinion fam I can respect that....I would say Cam = VC = Both HOF'ers

even if they both looked at like the worst hall of famer's ever I feel they both deserve it....

There is absolutely no doubt Cam is a legendary hip hop figure. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know rap, plain and simple.

Ignoring his cultural impact and Dipset in general, his work with Big L and Children of the Corn (BY FAR, the best group to ever come out of Harlem/Manhattan)is enough to cement his legendary status. At that time, his flow and even lyrical ability were on point with just about ANYONE. He's like Fat Joe, bothunquestionable legends who had immense talent, but in their later years they keep asking to get removed from the list.

At the end of the day, his old material still puts him down as a legend, not a up-front- Kool G, Rakim, BDK NYC top tier legend... more like a Party Arty,Percee P, Sean Price level legend.

Damn, why the hate on Jada. Dude was bananas on the mixtape scene back in the day. Ill flow, crazy punch lines. Jada in his prime was a lot nicer than 99% ofthese corny rappers out now.

As far as Cam, I would consider him a legend more for the impact Dipset made on hip hop, versus his catologue.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Damn, why the hate on Jada. Dude was bananas on the mixtape scene back in the day. Ill flow, crazy punch lines. Jada in his prime was a lot nicer than 99% of these corny rappers out now.

As far as Cam, I would consider him a legend more for the impact Dipset made on hip hop, versus his catologue.
everybody on NT (for the most part) does not give Kiss the respect he deserves....I'm used to it now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by M16

more like a Party Arty, Percee P, Sean Price level legend.

So in other words, he's not a legend.

Don't ever post again, your opinion holds absolutely no weight anymore. For a self-proclaimed "older, knowledgeable head" you barely know whatyou are talking about 95% of the time.

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

Don't ever post again, your opinion holds absolutely no weight anymore. For a self-proclaimed "older, knowledgeable head" you barely know what you are talking about 95% of the time.

N'...none of them dudes u posted are anywhere close to being legends...
Party Arty's legacy is gettin his *#@ eaten by mook...

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

Don't ever post again, your opinion holds absolutely no weight anymore. For a self-proclaimed "older, knowledgeable head" you barely know what you are talking about 95% of the time.

N'...none of them dudes u posted are anywhere close to being legends...
Party Arty's legacy is gettin his *#@ eaten by mook...

Same goes for you. Reading these comments, no wonder this forum is so garbage.

U LIKE VINNIE PAZ...
and i hold no weight...
laugh.gif
...right

I don't see your point. Every thread dudes don't know what they are talking about just resort to the "Vinnie Paz!" card. It's old nowfam.

Cam, Party Arty, Percee P and Sean Price are all legends; saying otherwise is just pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom