How long did it take for you to REALLY fall in love with your girl (or boy) friend?

Originally Posted by Let Me Post

you have a girlfriend now? good for you man

seemed like you had alot of self destructive tendencies. im really glad to hear you've been working it out
Word, i'm proud of your ugly @+#.  Trust your feelings though Luke, don't worry bout any NT simp talk.

Don't force yourself and don't rush it or you'll regret it... You barely know this chick in the grand scheme of things

you think you love her, same thing happened to me. 3 weeks later eh im fine and back on the market 
smokin.gif
 i became optimistic about it and had an epitome. i can smash any girl i want now, thats willing of course 
laugh.gif
 i ain't cuffing none of these +#@%+@ anymore though. not for the time being. still too young.

It's hard to really pinpoint stuff like that. It's more of a natural feeling when it does happen, but for me I think it was 4-5 months.

Originally Posted by theone2401

2 years and 2 break-ups. All you dudes saying a few months have a long way to go...
Were those two girls who actually cared about, or were you not feeling them as much as you had thought? 

July to today isn't even that long to really fall in love IMO

every relationship is different but that still seems really quick

like how are people trying to quantify how much time it takes to fall in love with someone?

each person is unique and quite honestly if you meet the right girl you could fall in love the same week after getting to know them. Some might say that's simpish but when the right one hits you it's just natural. Whether you voice your "love" to her though is another story because people feel the need to not say anything in fear of coming off as desperate or clingy or whatevs.

It's true that love can be sparked at any moment, but Idk, I just feel that you have to be with someone at least six months and go through all the bs that may ensue to truly know whether or not you love her.

I can see why you are so worried you have a very attractive female but to answer your question it took me three years of on and offness with her for me to finally love her back these past two years

Originally Posted by Peep Game

2 years and 2 break-ups. All you dudes saying a few months have a long way to go...
Were those two girls who actually cared about, or were you not feeling them as much as you had thought? 

Same chick. I dont think you can ever know how you feel about a girl until you guys split.

Bro to be completely honest with you, you can't completely fall in love with someone overnight and it sure doesn't happen over the course of a few months. Sounds like she's still in the honeymoon stage and the first year is basically considered the honeymoon stage of a relationship. It will take YEARS to truly get to know somebody, and only then can you truly fall in love with them. How can you be in love with somebody you don't know inside and out? You can't. I've been with my girlfriend for seven years so I'm speaking from experience. Don't rush or force yourself to be "in love". If it's meant to be it will come with time.

Same chick. I dont think you can ever know how you feel about a girl until you guys split.
For me, if I split from a girl, I'm definitely not trying to get back with her. i kinda see where you're getting at, but anybody would be
inclined to think what-ifs or regrets from splitting up. That just seems to come with the territory, especially if one of you start dating
before the other.

Honestly, when I went on my first date with my girl, we had an immediate connection. Idk if I would say we were "in love" right off the bat, but we definitely knew there was something special there. We talked the entire date without any awkward silences, laughed and joked a lot, and even though we spent a few hours out together, they felt like they flew by. It definitely didn't take long for us to feel like we were falling in love though and we've been together for over 2.5 years. If there's something real between you two, you'll never need to "let it build" or anything like that. It'll happen on it's own and won't take very long

Its hard to say.
I knew this girl as a customer in the sbux i worked at for over 2 years. Just said nice things to her here and there that made her smile. Kept it short and sweet. Never talked to her for more than 10sec. Never asked her out or for her #. I transfered to a new store and never saw her again till almost a year later in august of 2010.  She was there studying when i got out of work at 4pm and we talked straight until 9:20something and immediately went to the a movies afterwards. We exchanged #s and she never contacted me or responded to me (it was either because she had a boyfriend or her living situation was about to change and it was both) It sucked because she WOW'd me and bounced...

Fast forward to march and i was going through the women my phone list(because i was telling my boy i didnt have girls like him) when "she" popped up and I told him the story of her. I told him I was done with her and he told me to give it one last try and call her. I did, she answered, and we've been talking ever since.
I've been head over heels with this girls since the first time we actually had time to talk in august. I know she loves me and wants to say it but wants to make sure i feel the same way/wants to say it. I'm falling in love I AM in love with this girl but im holding back the words to make sure its true
wink.gif

Originally Posted by DreSlay

Its hard to say.
I knew this girl as a customer in the sbux i worked at for over 2 years. Just said nice things to her here and there that made her smile. Kept it short and sweet. Never talked to her for more than 10sec. Never asked her out or for her #. I transfered to a new store and never saw her again till almost a year later in august of 2010.  She was there studying when i got out of work at 4pm and we talked straight until 9:20something and immediately went to the a movies afterwards. We exchanged #s and she never contacted me or responded to me (it was either because she had a boyfriend or her living situation was about to change and it was both) It sucked because she WOW'd me and bounced...

Fast forward to march and i was going through the women my phone list(because i was telling my boy i didnt have girls like him) when "she" popped up and I told him the story of her. I told him I was done with her and he told me to give it one last try and call her. I did, she answered, and we've been talking ever since.
I've been head over heels with this girls since the first time we actually had time to talk in august. I know she loves me and wants to say it but wants to make sure i feel the same way/wants to say it. I'm falling in love I AM in love with this girl but im holding back the words to make sure its true
wink.gif
your avy + post count + tomorrows date = mind blown..
But thats a good story. Hope the best for yall. I guess you can say Im young but for now, its hard for me to believe in something like love.

Been burned many times and turned cold. Mabey some female will take me by suprise someday.

Originally Posted by jdiggs

Originally Posted by DreSlay

Its hard to say.

wink.gif
your avy + post count + tomorrows date = mind blown..
But thats a good story. Hope the best for yall. I guess you can say Im young but for now, its hard for me to believe in something like love.

Been burned many times and turned cold. Mabey some female will take me by suprise someday.
eek.gif
, nice job persistent 2

lol at mind blown..

my story started out like DreSlay's and I played my part, tried not to apply to much pressure and it worked out.

as for love you can't put any time expectation on when you should feel it. a lot of us confuse euphoria with love. when we first start getting to know someone its the greatest feeling because you envision yourself with this person months, sometimes years ahead and they're perfect, lol.. when the euphoria wears off and things start to annoy that didn't before you'll have your answer.. if you can get passed the euphoric stage and still have 2 hour conversations then you'lre good.

I fall in love hella quick, but fall out even quicker....I guess I just crush a lot....

I see you all booed up n whatnot on FB Josh(Speakup23).....all sprung n what not!

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Ive been with my girl since July 28 and been talking since about the beginning of June but it feels as though we have been in this for MUCH much longer than that. Im kind of stressing/worrying because I dont feel that IN LOVE feeling just yet. Im stressing because I know for a fact shes already at that point and has been for a while now, and meanwhile Im just like not there yet. I kinda attribute that to having my guard up during the beginning stages and now that it has just come down for the most part, now it can begin to grow. I dont want to hurt her and feel as though Im not in love with her and feel like I have to let her go, because I REALLY REALLY want to be with her and in love with her. At the same time, Ive never been anywhere close to being in love before so I dont even know that feel.

IDK, I was just babbling with that last paragraph. Youll have to excuse me, Im just a HUGE worrier
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
.Thats an optional read
laugh.gif

Anyways, just answer the question dammit! I need to feel normal
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Ask me for pics and I swear I will find you and kick each one of you in the balls. I have nothing better to do this weekend anyway
grin.gif
I don't know how long you been dealing with Women but please be sure you can attest to this statement bro

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Go with the flow bro. Don't force it. It comes when it comes and you'll know it. If you never feel it, then you don't feel it. Simple.

Also pics.

I live in NorCal. Hayward to be exact. I've nothing to do this weeknd either so if you trynna brawl or something. Hit me up.
laugh.gif

Man, that feeling is just 
eek.gif

Being in love is awesome

Being in love with someone that either doesn't wanna be with you or doesn't share the same feelings is 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom