How long did it take you to "get used" to wearing contacts? *Paging KDwallace*

I'm going to see my optometrist soon and I'm going to ask for contact lenses this time. How hard is it to put them long? and even more importantly, howlong did it take for you to get used to the feeling of them on?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

It was pretty easy for me I just put them in my phone
29w8ie9.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

It was pretty easy for me I just put them in my phone
I usually keep mine in a black book next to my phone. I'm paranoid about losing them.
tired.gif

Got them when I was 9...

Took me like 2-4 weeks to really get used to them. The first time you put them in is hell though.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I'm going to see my optometrist soon and I'm going to ask for contact lenses this time. How hard is it to put them long? and even more importantly, how long did it take for you to get used to the feeling of them on?
for most patients, it takes about an hour for the entire contact lens training to be complete. usually longer for males as compared to females.
you must be: comfortable with touching your eye, able to hold your eyelid open (if you can by the lashes, this is preferable), and fixate your eye straightahead during insertion and removal.
make sure your fingernails are clean and trimmed.

usually i would recommend that patients sit down and use a mirror during the first weak of wear, so that they get used to insertion and removal. after that, itis usually smooth sailing, barring any lapses in judgment over contact lens care.

good luck!
sources: i wear contacts, i am an optometrist tech.

you'll get use to them real quick, its the getting them in your eyes part thats hell in the beginning. after a week you should be used to it. i've usedcontacts for like 8 months now. I want glasses now though. It gets bothersome putting them in and out.

lowkey its kinda hard the first time. i got them filipino eyes (thanks mom) and my eyes are very responsive so it took a hour.
but after a week it was ok.
to get used to them... a month. i was constantly pushing invisible glasses up on my face lol.

but after a week you'll start to forget theyre in.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

I really need these. It'll definitely help my game out. On and off the court.
thanks everyone. and oh yeah you reminded me. How about when you're playing sports or running? will they fall out of place??

took me like a month probably...it took me a month or so also to be able to put them in and take them out without any trouble.

Originally Posted by eight2one

forever....now i dont take them out.

I honestly don't... I leave mine in when I sleep. I'll take them out after 4 or 5 months.
ohwell.gif

How about when you're playing sports or running? will they fall out of place??
Never... only time mine came out was getting poked in the eye in basketball.

I'm debating on whether to get contacts or not. Whats the rules for taking them off like at night or whatever?

It took me a week to get used to puttin them in. At first it took me a good 5 minutes but now it only takes a couple seconds. They will feel uncomfortable atfirst but after 30 mins you'll forget they are in there.

I really only wear mine when I play basketball or go out. If I'm just runnin an errand or goin to class then I just put on my glasses and call it a day...

About a week or two tops. It was fairly easy to learn how to put them on. They usually wait until you can do it on your own to prescribe them (bout 5 minutes).

Back
Top Bottom