How long do you keep your computer running for?

turn it off everytime im not using it.

leaving it on sleep or standby can fry your motherboard

turn it off everytime im not using it.

leaving it on sleep or standby can fry your motherboard

If I'm gone from the computer for more than 5-6 hours due to sleep or just going out, I'll turn it off. Other than that I'll usually leave it on most of the day, also sleep timer on the comp is
pimp.gif
leave my comp on at night with my music playing

If I'm gone from the computer for more than 5-6 hours due to sleep or just going out, I'll turn it off. Other than that I'll usually leave it on most of the day, also sleep timer on the comp is
pimp.gif
leave my comp on at night with my music playing

Originally Posted by ShAdYdaTGuy

i shut down my laptop everyday before i go to sleep.

This, But it's my sister's laptop
laugh.gif

I use a Mac, Use to leave that +%@*% on 24/7, Never had a problem with it, But recently I started and automatic shut down and turn on
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ShAdYdaTGuy

i shut down my laptop everyday before i go to sleep.

This, But it's my sister's laptop
laugh.gif

I use a Mac, Use to leave that +%@*% on 24/7, Never had a problem with it, But recently I started and automatic shut down and turn on
pimp.gif

I just close my laptop whenever I'm not using it, but it overheats often, so I guess those could be considered "turning it off".
ohwell.gif

I just close my laptop whenever I'm not using it, but it overheats often, so I guess those could be considered "turning it off".
ohwell.gif

When i know im not going to be home for a while i shut it off. But if im coming home in like 5 hours ill just leave it on stand by.

When i know im not going to be home for a while i shut it off. But if im coming home in like 5 hours ill just leave it on stand by.

IMO the best option is to keep it on for 7 days (ex. restart every sunday to clear the cache).

Did this on my desktop (when I had one) and DAMN it was smooth.

Bought laptop cooler (ZM-NC2000) for my Samsung RV510, so I can keep it running over nights etc...

IMO the best option is to keep it on for 7 days (ex. restart every sunday to clear the cache).

Did this on my desktop (when I had one) and DAMN it was smooth.

Bought laptop cooler (ZM-NC2000) for my Samsung RV510, so I can keep it running over nights etc...

Back
Top Bottom