How long is your commute to work NT?

30 minutes or less to go about 23 stress free miles. I leave for work when everyone is getting ready for bed and I drive home before most are up. Best commute I’ve had so far. :pimp:

2 miles 10 minutes max. Milwaukee.

My job is around the corner though. Whenever I take my kid to grandmas in the AM it takes me a hour because she lives on the other side of town and then I have to backtrack smh.

Starting a new project which means new client site...have to make a transfer from the green to red line, not happy about that.

Ill prob just get off at the Convention Center walk the mile.

Before I moved to Hudson Yards it was an hour. Now it's an hour door to door.

41 miles one way... so ya commute is 1 1/2 but with no traffic 1 hour 10 minutes... ya kinda far

About 22 min for 16 miles with no traffic, with traffic probably 35 min. I'm in South FL and that's driving form Central Broward to Boca Raton. . I guess I'd add bout 8min for the parking garage and elevator/stairs to get to my office.

LA
Mornings: 12-15min (5miles)
Evenings: 20 min

Main reason I haven’t left this job. My last job was 75 -90min to go 13 miles

Previously from central nj to Penn Station about 65 minutes. However I worked homecare so from there the commute could last until whenever it was I needed to get to my patients which were mostly downtown. Did that for 7 years.

Now I'm on the other side of the spectrum. Bed to desk roughly 5 minutes or so. Don't miss commuting to NYC at ALL.

going to work: 20-25 minutes
walk for 10m to the BART station, get on for two stops and i'm at work
coming home is closer to 30m

if the streets weren't so dirty/grimey i'd just walk it since it's like 3 miles at most :lol:

one reason why i didn't mind taking a little less with this job

Now I walk two blocks to work. Before it would take me a hour and that was if the bus and train synced up right. I’m paying more in rent but it’s still cheaper because I’m not paying for transportation and the option to go home for lunch.

A good portion of jobs can be done remotely...30 years from now youngins gon laugh at us discussing daily commutes :lol:

If my accounting department didn't rely on printed invoices still, I could do my entire job from home.

Drive to BART: 10-15 minutes
BART ride from Millbrae to Montgomery: 35 minutes
Walk from Montgomery to my office: 10-15 minutes.

Over the course of 3 years I’ve cut my commute hella much:
- 4 years ago I would commute 25 miles in about 1hour and 30 minutes.
- 3 years ago I started a new job and commuted about 12 miles in 40 minutes.
- 6 months ago I transferred to a new location closer to home - about 3 miles in about 7 minutes :lol: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

This new commute is such a life changing thing for me. Especially with my son starting pre school and about to start kindergarten soon.

Back
Top Bottom