How long until the riots start?

Most of y'all are aware of the rallies going on in Brazil. If not, they say it's over an increase in bus fare, but that's really only the last straw. What set the people off are high taxes, a sluggish economy, inefficient healthcare, government corruption and misuse of taxpayer funds on frivolous things like stadiums and government projects at the expense of education and social programs.

Any of that sound familiar?

The rallies are not getting much press here at all, but people are basically getting fed up with the ********. It's also something of the hot thing to do now, as citizen uprisings have gone way up in the past few years. I don't claim to know everything about what's going on (and would welcome an education from someone who knows more) but the general concept is easy enough to grasp.

Coverage is definitely suppressed (either that or Amanda Bynes is actually more important than history in the making) but I really don't see how long the concept that people do this when they're mad as hell and won't take it any more can be hidden. Hell, I hear that's how this country started.

All that said, how long until Americans realize democracy ain't always voting? Will it ever happen? Why or why not?

Let us discuss.

This is crazy its been along time coming Brazil has had massive issues with its poor ,the rich and lighter skin colored Brazilians have had power since the end of colonialism and have kept the native and Afro Brazilians to escape the abject poverty .That and the destruction of rain forest and depriving many poor to access to better resources its been a long time coming

The reason why it wont happen in America in our lifetime is because we are much better equipped to subsidize people. Whether it's food stamps or unemployment rolls, the majority of people on assistance don't feel they are a burden or doing anything wrong. It will take centuries or a lost war to turn us into Brazil.

Nope. Because Americans for the most part remain ignorant of pressing issues as such. 

Americans believe in a form of patriotism which is like the blind leading the blind.

Just look at where most people's interest rest in this country. 

A nation of reality TV watchers. 

The powers that be would rather keep the 85% of the masses ignorant and stuck in the dark. 

So to answer your question OP, I really doubt it. 

I'd say 2020 or soon after.

At this rate of how things are getting worse, I'd say **** would officially hit the fan then.

Anything can happen. The people of the United States need to stop being a bunch of lil ******* and do something about this corrupt *** gov.

The reason why it wont happen in America in our lifetime is because we are much better equipped to subsidize people. Whether it's food stamps or unemployment rolls, the majority of people on assistance don't feel they are a burden or doing anything wrong. It will take centuries or a lost war to turn us into Brazil.
Let's not blame the big corporations and the corrupt lobbyist who crippled these poor people lets blame the poor people of America

Despotism, tyranny, whatever.

But the fact is, political concepts as such actually occur in America. Although it's done in such an insidious way that as citizens we have a hard time spotting the ruse. 

But it's here. 

Nope. Because Americans for the most part remain ignorant of pressing issues as such. 

Americans believe in a form of patriotism which is like the blind leading the blind.

Just look at where most people's interest rest in this country. 

A nation of reality TV watchers. 

The powers that be would rather keep the 85% of the masses ignorant and stuck in the dark. 

So to answer your question OP, I really doubt it. 

/THREAD.

I actually think we will see uprisings in our lifetime.

We'll more than likely see something greater...

Look at the Kim Kardashian gives birth thread...

mean.gif

I definitely see what everybody is saying as far as your average Joe and Jane America being too bread and circus'd up to effect change in the current state of things, but look what's happening here now.

We're a few show tanks away from a police state, the Constitution is a historical artifact, prices are going nowhere but up, jobs are down (in practice if not number theory), businesses run the country, everybody is in debt, healthcare is an argument, layoffs AND corporate profits are at all-time highs (wut), they sell poison on TV and call it cures, the rent is too damn high, blah blah blah. **** is ****** up for your average citizen, and eventually they have to start feeling the pinch.

I mean, this state of affairs can't just be cool forever...right?

Back
Top Bottom