How long until Trey Songz blows up? Vol...For real...for real...

I don't get it.

Son is NICE. He can sing his %*$ off, got flow whenever he decides to bust a rap, and usually some nice production. He's been on his grind forever withmixtapes, covers, collabs, and random guest appearances. He keeps it real, he doesn't turn females off with extreme caking about whomever the love of hislife may be (word to Usher), and I feel like he has a better connection with his audience. I guess all you can say that he doesn't do is dance.

So...what's holding dude back?

"I Need a Girl" is piffery though...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I don't get it.

Son is NICE. He can sing his %*% off, got flow whenever he decides to bust a rap, and usually some nice production. He's been on his grind forever with mixtapes, covers, collabs, and random guest appearances. He keeps it real, he doesn't turn females off with extreme caking about whomever the love of his life may be (word to Usher), and I feel like he has a better connection with his audience. I guess all you can say that he doesn't do is dance.

So...what's holding dude back?

"I Need a Girl" is piffery though...
pimp.gif
work on his albums.
i feel they're good, but can be better, with his potential.
and i personally think I Gotta Make It was better than Trey Day.
that's just me though.

and if we're stickin strictly with the question of why he ain't poppin like how Usher did...
they have two totally different personas. he got more of the thug r&b image, esp. after the tapes, attempts at rapping and such.
he gotta create his own lane i feel...cuz tyrese, jaheim and the like have tried that and he got more potential and talent that them.

Whoever manages him is an idiot. Seriously.

If Ne-Yo can make it then Trey can SMASH the game.

Originally Posted by D723

Exactly.He needs to DEAD Songbook and move on.They actually messing up his career

Originally Posted by jomitm

and i personally think I Gotta Make It was better than Trey Day.
I'm pretty sure everyone sees it this way. I Gotta Make It was a classic. Trey Day was just above average.

When the level of input and work on his mixtapes is close to the level of input and work he has on his albums, he'll break through to the mainstream. Heprobably also can't be as hood as he used to be on mixtapes (Young and the Heartless
smh.gif
laugh.gif
).

Originally Posted by PolosandDunks

Originally Posted by D723

Exactly.He needs to DEAD Songbook and move on.They actually messing up his career
meh. i don't know about all that.

ne-yo is a GREAT writer.

their talents shine on different lanes.

and with the songbook comment, if i ain't mistaken, he was grown / prepped under Troy Taylor since he was a mid-teen
learning various r&b techniques / styles and history, which means songbook entertainment IS trey songz and vice-versa.

if anything, what you might mean is he should leave Atlantic. but idk if that would be a good idea for him.

Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He's Nice Though

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Originally Posted by jomitm

When the level of input and work on his mixtapes is close to the level of input and work he has on his albums, he'll break through to the mainstream. He probably also can't be as hood as he used to be on mixtapes

dude is wasting time trying to be Lil Wayne with the mixtapes
grin.gif

Okay...Usher status was exaggerated but seriously...dude isn't even mainstream yet, in my opinion.

Shame.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom