How long until Trey Songz blows up? Vol...For real...for real...

laugh.gif
@ saying he's a better musical artist/has more talent than Ne-Yo. (even if he's AYO - I personally still don't believe it to be FACT though)

when was the last r&b artist that didn't dance and was essentially mainstream (not talking about John Legend, Anthony Hamilton, Raheem Devaughn, etc)to blow up?

i would say it's because he's too hood and doesn't dance around in his videos, which is what gets people's attention nowadays.

but then again, Jaheim went multi-plat.

Trey is just poorly managed, and he will never blow up.

Its a damn shame he aint blow up yet. Probably never if he doesnt after this next album coming up.

Its funny cause most of hit covers are > anything else in R&B.

But then again I don't consider his cover R&B
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

i would say it's because he's too hood and doesn't dance around in his videos, which is what gets people's attention nowadays.

Jaheim appealed to the older crowd as well though.

someone on here called him the fab of R&B and its spot on. can kill any mix tape and features but albums be so so just wasting talent

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Jahiem has more soul

mt second fav r&b artist of all time behind the king r kelly of course.

trigga is the truth. true definition of talent.

son makes incredibel mixatpes, solid albums,,,, and even raps better then a lot of these dudes on the scene.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

laugh.gif
@ saying he's a better musical artist/has more talent than Ne-Yo. (even if he's AYO - I personally still don't believe it to be FACT though)

ne-yo has not created a better album than "i gotta make it."

Songz better take a page out from the "Simp Master" himself - Ne-Yo - and start wooing these chicks on these tracks. I Need A Girl is a nice start.You're R&B...your fanbase is female by default; you're not blowin up trying to keep it real with the fellas. That's not your fanbase; this aintRap. That's why Ne-Yo is where he is as an artist. He's a hell of a writer, heavily caters to chicks, and he takes his music in what ever direction hewants. He damn sure aint worrying if dudes like his music.

Trey better hit Ne-Yo up for that next 'Let Me Love You' or something
laugh.gif

Trey is my dude but i understand where alot of yall are coming from wit the he will never blow up thing... I really thought dude was bout to be on after Summerin Miami

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

laugh.gif

ne-yo has not created a better album than "i gotta make it."

That is just FALSE...Year Of The Gentleman > I Gotta Make It.

me personally i like gotta make it better than year of the gentleman...but like many have stated, if trey hasnt blown up now, he prolly never will. but thenagain, his singles have been doing good on the radios and what not. If he had released trey day first, then gotta make it..he would be bigger than what he isnow.

and btw...trey day is pretty damn underrated if you ask me..every track was good except grub on.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

neveer. son is nice tho

tired.gif

I think if he took a more soulful approach like on Gotta Make It compared to Trey Day... not on some neo-soul stuff but if he would just take that route ithink he would be straight...he's not some corny R&B %*!#*...he keeps it real and the ladies still love him...i have hope for this next album buti'm sure i'll be disappointed like i was with Trey Day...
tired.gif

he needs to fire his whole squad and start over...they not giving him the right direction...and he needs to chill on this cover nonsense too and work ongetting back to Gotta Make It status

I know Trey day wasn't the greatest, but it had some breakout records. For example, "Last Time", if his album consists of that kindof production/attention to detail, he's gonna be a problem. Basically Brian Michael Cox should produce the entire record. I have high hopes for "Ready" though,the first two singles are on point

Originally Posted by threat6

I know Trey day wasn't the greatest, but it had some breakout records. For example, "Last Time", if his album consists of that kindof production/ attention to detail, he's gonna be a problem. Basically Brian Michael Cox should produce the entire record. I have high hopes for "Ready" though, the first two singles are on point
B. Cox got that formula
pimp.gif

He makes history on every track no matter the singer. Only thing I'd worry about with one producer, everything gellin too well to the point where everytrack sounds the same.

Johnta/G-wine - One Time For Love
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Glenn Lewis - Don't Worry
pimp.gif

Mario - Better Man
pimp.gif

Day 26 - Babymaker
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif

Trey's too safe.

He needs to make some controversy before people really start lookin' out for him. Either that or change up his style a bit.

And for the peeps who are saying it's too late. Does Rihanna ring a bell?

Back
Top Bottom