How Many Hats Does A Baseball Player Use?

I was watchting the Philles/Yankees game n was wondering about how many hats (New Era) does the average player go through in a season or how often they swap emout for a new one?

nerd.gif
anyone got any ideas?
nerd.gif

interesting question... some guys have the crustiest, sweat-stained caps while some seem to have new, pristine ones every game...

Who's got the most disgusting cap?

Robinson cano has been wearing a different cap for sure; his doesn't have that giant Inaugural Season logo on the back (at least as of yesterday).

But I guess it depends on player to player. Some players like to hold onto the same cap for an entire season for superstitious reasons or whatever.

Steve Kline and John Wetteland are the first players who come to mind when I think of wearing the same cap all year long. Wetteland had the same dirty hat allthe way to the World Series and Kline's hats always looked
sick.gif

If i was an MLB player I'd probably request a new cap every game
I wonder if their allowed to leave the stickers on though...

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

Some actually do; Fausto Carmona leaves the hologram sticker underneath. Not 100% sure if he also has that gold size sticker underneath as well

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Some actually do; Fausto Carmona leaves the hologram sticker underneath. Not 100% sure if he also has that gold size sticker underneath as well

oh interesting. imagine leaving that full-brim black sticker on the top and the price tag and hologram sticker underneath
roll.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

oh interesting. imagine leaving that full-brim black sticker on the top and the price tag and hologram sticker underneath
roll.gif

roll.gif
that'd be some ridiculous #!@#

I'll bet they get them as often as they want

I'm pretty sure teams get them for free from NE, the amount they give to players in the league is prob a fraction of the number they sell

Originally Posted by tmoney85

why do people leave the stickers on them?

The little gold circle one I would leave on under neath but that full black one they use currently? Hell nah.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

I know some pitchers actually still wear the old wool hats

yeah i know papelbum on the red sox wears the grey bottom hats.

damn it sucks that the grey bottom authentics have gotten harder and harder to find, i used to raid all the swapmeets around my area to stock up on theirleftovers and i bought out the entire stock at a few champs around my area when they had grey bottom authentics for $5 but as of lately all the spots ive gonetoo only have 6 7/8, 7, and 8. it sucks they haven't made the grey bottom hats in 3 years.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

I know some pitchers actually still wear the old wool hats

yeah i know papelbum on the red sox wears the grey bottom hats.

damn it sucks that the grey bottom authentics have gotten harder and harder to find, i used to raid all the swapmeets around my area to stock up on their leftovers and i bought out the entire stock at a few champs around my area when they had grey bottom authentics for $5 but as of lately all the spots ive gone too only have 6 7/8, 7, and 8. it sucks they haven't made the grey bottom hats in 3 years.

does new era make wool joints for certain players? or do the teams just have leftovers of wool hats?
on another note, the rogers center jays shop has PLENTY of grey underbrim fitteds in FSR's, but they tryna push em for the same price as the new materialones
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

^ do they still have the grey ones they used a couple years back?
yup, full size runs
except canadian retail on on-field joints is 36.99 plus a whopping 13% sales tax
indifferent.gif

I could see myself keeping my hat cuz of pure comfort....i get sentimal attatchments.....same reason i been ballin in the same XIV since 06

Back
Top Bottom