How many more years does (insert NBA player) have left in them?

what i mean is, how many years does ________ have in them while playing at a fairly high level?

i always hear arguments about how much longer say, kg or td, has left in him while playing at an allstar level

i just put together a list of notable players and their ages

garnett (32)
pierce (31)
allen (33)
carter (32)
marion (30)
hamilton (31)
iverson (33)
jamison (32)
nowitzki (30)
kidd (35)
duncan (32)
s jackson (30)
bryant (30)
nash (35)
billups (32)

edit-

wallace (34)
shaq (37)

i tried to keep it 30+. my bad if i missed anyone particular.

so, how many more years do some of the dudes above have left in them? most might be able play till 38 maybe even 40 or so, but prolly not at an allstar level.

my bad if done recently

I think Kobe will play till about 38 or so. I can see J Kidd calling it quits soon.

KG has probably 4 or 5 years left. His production is starting to dip, probably with a combination of coming down from his peak and playing with all the playersaround him in Boston. I still see him going for awhile yet though.

How long is AIs deal with the Pistons? I think he's finished as soon as he leaves Detroit. I remember him saying like a year or two ago that he would onlyplay 2-3 more years.

and can't believe you forgot to add Shaq, just turned 37 years old. a couple months ago he gave the exact number of days he was gonna keep playing, i thinkit was supposed to be till June of next year or something
laugh.gif

^^lol i just added him

i left him off initially because he pretty much already told us when he was gonna give it quits

and i think ai is unrestricted after this season

Kidd is the only one from that list that I can see retiring within the next year or so.

I can see Nash going for one more year with D'Antoni in New York, but I think everyone else including Shaq still have a few more years to go.

I can see a lot of those guys playing til they're about 37,38, or 39. Other than Kidd who'll probably retire next year.

PP always seems outta shape to me and never ready for a season yet he continually @++#% on the league every year. I hope he plays into his late 30's withthat old man game of his

Its wierd how a lot of us watched these guys in their early years, now we're all seeing how many years they have left in them.

Jamison already plays like an old man, so he can stay killing dudes on the block with them flip shots until he reaches AARP status.

Then he can go dominate the young cats at the local rec center...

Man, you making me feel old over here. I'm not even that old but I remember seeing these guys being drafted when I was a kid. How fast an nba career fliesby..

I already miss the days of Iverson being a scoring maniac.

Now its sad seeing him on the decline

wont be surprise if mcgrady calls it quits after 2010 or contract after that, no way he plays past 34

i can see nash play til 40

shaq and kidd are at their end

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

KG has probably 4 or 5 years left. His production is starting to dip, probably with a combination of coming down from his peak and playing with all the players around him in Boston. I still see him going for awhile yet though.

His "lack" production is a result of playing WAY less minutes than when he was in Minnesota. If anything, the move to Boston will help him prolonghis career. I don't see his production dipping like you do. He is still dominant, but he doesn't have to carry the load like he did when he wasplaying for the T-Wolves. KG plays the least amount of minutes per-game of the big 3.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Jamison already plays like an old man, so he can stay killing dudes on the block with them flip shots until he reaches AARP status.

Then he can go dominate the young cats at the local rec center...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

kidd should retire in 2 years. nash should retire in 3 years. rasheed should be out in 2 years (hopefully just sign with a contending team this offseason, ican def. see him going to the lakers).

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

since when did jamison become a "notable player?" hahaha OP takin just as many L's as him.. hahahah
uhh... Jamison is an All-Star. and he has been averaging close to 20 and 10 the past couple years. so unless you don't know anything about theNBA, Jamison is a notable player.

does anyone else think Tmac will eventually be forced to retire due to injury?

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Its weird how a lot of us watched these guys in their early years, now we're all seeing how many years they have left in them.
yes. nice avy by the way.

Back
Top Bottom