How Many of You Graduated College Debt Free/No Student Loans....? Or is it that Uncommon?

Just wondering how many of you have done this, and to those who have was it a pretty easy transition to the real world once you landed a job?
I'm pretty sure I'll graduate in 1.5 years without any debt luckily.

Anyone else done this?

parents paid for me in full. i graduated with no job (still looking) but im debt free. its the way to go in this economy.

Debt free school wise and I only owe my CC company like 200 dollars.

Totally the way to go given this economy.

graduating next spring debt free thanks to the help of my mom, love that lady=)

Avoided student loans for undergrad so when the time came I would be able to go to grad school without having boatloads of debt already.

Thanks to the parents and a scholarship I do not have any loans to pay.

My GF doesn't either which is a good look for the both of us.

no student loans for undergrad
my dad started a fund when i was born, put $300 into an ed fund every month, so by the time i got to college the fund had was enough $ for my tuition
grad school is 45K, but was able to use 15k from that fund and had to take out a 30k loan. student debt is new to me, def grateful for what my pops did

Coming out of high school, I was bummed out that I only got into State schools.

Went the CC route, didn't like it.

Hit up the state colleges to see if I can still accept and picked from there.  Turned out to be a good decision.

Basically got paid to go to school w/ plenty of Fin Aid, couple of scholly's, EOP (book vouchers
smokin.gif
).

I got to take internships, and entry level jobs to test the market and not have to worry about a debt load.

Now, I'm going to grad school at the school I had my heart set for undergrad and it's getting paid for as well.  Should get my Masters without ever taking out a single student loan. 

I'm grateful, makes me cringe seeing some of these threads about student loans.

Debt free. I actually cared about doing well in school in high school so that got me into a scholarship program that covered my housing and tuition in full. Didnt shell out a single penny in undergrad unless it was for food, booze, or trees....which probably added up to the cost of a year of college in total haha.

Graduated in May, but im gonna need about $40k for a masters in taxation program next year so i'll be looking into student loans then.

Pretty much going to be debt free, took out subsidized loans only because I want to have cash handy while I focus on academics. Got the internship, scholarships, and some grants (finally) this year. Hoping for a job locked up prior to graduation as well

My school is free for every single student who attends.
Public university honors programs ftw ^.^

No loans, No debt. Feels good man. I didn't meet very many people who shared my luck, so I would say it is pretty uncommon.

Originally Posted by kbweezy24

no student loans for undergrad
my dad started a fund when i was born, put $300 into an ed fund every month, so by the time i got to college the fund had was enough $ for my tuition
grad school is 45K, but was able to use 15k from that fund and had to take out a 30k loan. student debt is new to me, def grateful for what my pops did
Not the same thing.

i did. Moms helped me at the CC, but the rest i paid with by working. graduated no debt. thankful.

Graduating this thursday finally
smokin.gif
.. I only have about 4k in debt which I think isn't too bad. I know people in my same field (CIS) with over 20k+ loans. I would like to give a shoutout to the parents for helping me through couldn't have done without them. 

Originally Posted by sreggie101

parents paid for me in full. i graduated with no job (still looking) but im debt free. its the way to go in this economy.

This. My parents can cover the cost for me, I'm still going to try and get into a public school and apply for scholarships, financial aid, etc. Student loans are killer from what I've heard a lot of people still haven't paid them off years after graduating
30t6p3b.gif

Going into my junior year debt free
pimp.gif

Finished high school with a 4.0 and currently have a 3.6 so they threw scholarships at me.
I still pay about 7k a year but thats manageable seeing I go to a private school.

I would say it is pretty uncommon to go through college debt free. I used my own money and took advantage of summer courses so I could finish early. I also had a scholarship that took care of my out of state tuition. I owe about $5,000, but the hardest part is getting a good job out of college! Having a degree doesnt guarantee anything.

Back
Top Bottom