How much debt are you in? What are you doing to get out of it?

I know some people said for their New Years resolution that they'd try to get out of debt... The year is almost half over
smh.gif

How much do you owe, and what steps have you taken to get out of debt?

I owe $580 on my CC for some new tires I had to replace
smh.gif

And $21k left in student loans...

Otherwise that's it. I'm working at least 4 hours extra a week to help pay down some of this debt...

Car - 6G's

I pay about $250 a month, but I just graduated college and have a good job so it'll be gone in no time...

not including my mortgage:

-- $2400 credit card balance. i pay about $700 a month against this.
-- $2900 condo assessment for roofing (paid it down from $9900).. i'll be paying $800+ a month so i can be free of this by about august.

student loans which is like 15G's and car loan which is maybe 5. I really wish I could do my college experience all over again, I woulda faked my FAFSAlike hell. Obama needs to pass a stimulus package for recent college grads IMO.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

$0.00
not counting my mortgage.
Lucky... But you live in NY, so that mortgage has to be a decent chunk every month.

About - 15,500 + Car, CC bills, Ring,

I plan to be out of debt by this time next year or close to it if things work accordingly.

alot.

i figure if i do Teach for America or if i am lucky enough to become a Foreign Service Officer then i can pay off student loans, then go into debt all overagain to pay for law school and hope that my j.d. will put me in a position to be able to pay off my loans as well as live well.

23 Grand from student loans. I'm tryin' to pay about $1,000/month so I can get that done in two years. It's crazy that I could do that, butI'll live tight for 2 years to get that crap paid off.

It sucks to think about it, but you'd think that once you get that paid off real quick like that wouldn't my credit rating or something be crazy good?

I was at 5K at the start of this year in CC, and now I'm at 2K. And $1500 in a student loan. That will soon be a lot more than that.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

23 Grand from student loans. I'm tryin' to pay about $1,000/month so I can get that done in two years. It's crazy that I could do that, but I'll live tight for 2 years to get that crap paid off.

It sucks to think about it, but you'd think that once you get that paid off real quick like that wouldn't my credit rating or something be crazy good?
That's my plan too... I just hope I don't get burned out trying to do so much so quickly... But I just can't stand owing money...It's even worse when you think about how much work it is going to be to do that too... Yeesh.

Back
Top Bottom