How Much Different Are You Now Compared to How You Were in High School?

Originally Posted by play2much2004

Way more private

My Psych professor told me after you reach 18-20ish you really don't change that much as a person.
Like when you are 30 looking back, you'll realize you're still the same person as you were back then.

It probably has to do with maturing or something. 

Key changes:
more social
more well read
better shape
more disciplined
more responsible
dress "better"

these past couple of years ive gotten into philosophy (jeet kune do especially) and self development so those definitely helped. 

Less social. 80lbs lighter. Whole new wardrobe since I work and I buy my own clothes and shoes. No more Old Navy. P rate has greatly increased. Wavy light skin girls be loving me now.

Unfortunately, I'm fatter but I'm a better person (LOL, isn't that what they always say about fat people?). My wife & I have a 7 year old son & he inspires me to be a better person each & every day. I swear he's taught me more than I've taught him....If you don't have children now, this won't make much sense to you until you do...

So glad im the person i was in high school. Arrogant punk who knew everything. Bout to be 27 still now quite grown up but i know whats important in life.

I'm just wondering if there is a pattern here.
For those of you who are more private/reserved/introverted now, were you more outgoing in High School?
And for those who are more outgoing/extroverted now, were you guys more reserved and shy in High School?

I sort of notice this with the people my age.

I don't BS as much
I read a lot more
Don't give a **#% what people think about me
I workout a lot more
I seek out information more
I don't think as much when I approach girls

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

much better. %*$% high school

This. Other than my weight (gained 50 Lbs. over 5 years) I'm a lot better in other aspects.
Lost some of that weight though so it's all coming together 
pimp.gif

I drink now
laugh.gif
...remember saying "ill never smoke or drink anything ever" ...still aint smoked, dont plan on, it

Waaay better shape...put on around 20-30 pounds of muscle since, all of my hs graduating class girls be mirin
pimp.gif

personality never changed but my priorities and interest definitely did

I was always a social person, but I was still the type to rather stay home during the week day to finish my work and chill by myself. I still rather do that but I find myself going out a bit too much. I'm still the same ol' dood, same mentality. Just got different things going on for me, and trying my best to take advantage of whatever opportunities.

CampbellSoup wrote:
I learned a lot of life lessons between 18-21.....I'm 23 now.

THIS to the fullest!!
in HS i was more shy/reserved....now im more outgoing...

I was more into %+%@ stuff back that also.

back in HS I used to listen to a lot of underground or ol school hip hop. Now I don't care.

used to love playing video games everyday. Now I don't.

didn't care about clothes much back then. Now I think i have too much sometimes.

super quiet in high school like literally somedays I think didn't say a single word. Now I'm not like that.

obese before. Not anymore.

hated exercising or any physical activity. Now it's kind of the opposite go to the gym everyday.

no confidence before. opposite now.

Personality: As much as I have tried to "change", I've remained the same; more of a quiet, laid-back introverted person. Not necessarily shy but just more of a listener than a talker.

Mentally: Like what a lot of other ppl have posted: just more real world experiences. 

Appearance: This is probably what's changed the most out of anything for me. All through high school, I was super frail around 5'9 to 5'10 and weighing 120-130 lbs. Almost 5 years later now I'm 180 lbs. I'd say roughly 50 of those 60 lbs I've gained is muscle put on from working out. 
pimp.gif

X D'boy and almost got sent up the river...

Yeah I came a long way...

I am so grateful I grew out of that "wanted to be down" mentality.

Now I thrive to be an excellent father...I LOVE IT.

Back
Top Bottom