How much different would your life be if "The Powers That Be" announced that there was no religion?

What if all the world leaders got on TV in a Simul-cast to their respective constituents and said there was no religion? Never has and never will be? How would it impact your life?

My guess is World War III

It wouldn't be different.

I'd still believe in God. What anyone else has to say has no effect on me. I don't rely on others to validate my beliefs.

Originally Posted by scshift

I'd still believe in God. What anyone else has to say has no effect on me. I don't rely on others to validate my beliefs.

pimp.gif
I hear you

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Religion isn't something that can be disproven (surface level).

I agree. Also I couldn't care less what they would have to say about religion.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Religion isn't something that can be disproven (surface level).

I agree. Also I couldn't care less what they would have to say about religion.
This. But if it was definitively proven that there was no religion then things would be different I suppose

Most word leaders going to hell anyways for one reason or another so I wouldn't believe them
laugh.gif

Like with documents and everything showing how they faked it all this time/got people to start believing it was reality and not fairy tale?

That'd be such a grand day. My life in particular would not be altered but I'm sure the world would be going crazy.

Religion is human nature. Those disproven will return in different incarnations. I mean life is going to stay hard right? No one can disprove that.

I think people would actually be better towards each other. Religion does more dividing than unifying. Even amongst what we consider monolithic religions(christianity, islam, judaism), they still contain many varying schools of thought and war between themselves. People wouldn't have many excuses left to be non thinking individuals. You actually have to work your problems out instead of wishing and being a passive religious believer. Accountability means a lot in this instance, versus the blanket of blind acceptance conservative religions puts ppl under

Originally Posted by Wr

I think people would actually be better towards each other. Religion does more dividing than unifying. Even amongst what we consider monolithic religions(christianity, islam, judaism), they still contain many varying schools of thought and war between themselves. People wouldn't have many excuses left to be non thinking individuals. You actually have to work your problems out instead of wishing and being a passive religious believer. Accountability means a lot in this instance, versus the blanket of blind acceptance conservative religions puts ppl under

I agree with the first part. I think religion is great for individuals but not as good for societies. For individual people, it gives people hope, responsibility and faith, and it definitely has positive effects for lots of people. But as a society, religion becomes a divider like race/wealth and due to its importance to people, becomes dangerous and destructive.

I understand what you are saying, but if you believe in a higher power, someone has already had an effect on you. Whether it was through words, writing or you were raised to believe, someone has already effected you.

There is no proof of a God, so that means you were either taught and/or studied it yourself and chose a direction. Either way, you made your decisions based on somebody's beliefs.

Therefor, somebody has already "validated" your beliefs for you and now you refuse to let other have an effect on you..

**Insert Xzibit GIF**

Simply removing something like religion wouldn't be enough. It'd have to be replaced by something much better. So as of now if there was no religion any more I'd feel a bit better for a while but then the task would be everyone coming together to evolve past that to something more beneficial.

Wouldn't care. I strive for holiness anyway, not religion, and I'd still give my God His due praise 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Retro23J

Wouldn't care. I strive for holiness anyway, not religion, and I'd still give my God His due praise 
pimp.gif

i don't think yall are getting what OP is saying. i think he meant that if it was proven with documents that religion was made up and that there never was a god. that those way before us just made up "stories", called it religion, and enslaved the minds of millions and gained power from it all

You believe in God because "someone else" told you there was one, your beliefs were programed. A better question should have been what if "The Powers That Be" announced there was never a supreme being and it's only been created by man as a way to comfort us and control us.

Originally Posted by do work son

Originally Posted by Retro23J

pimp.gif

i don't think yall are getting what OP is saying. i think he meant that if it was proven with documents that religion was made up and that there never was a god. that those way before us just made up "stories", called it religion, and enslaved the minds of millions and gained power from it all

O like powerful men telling the masses what to believe in and what not to believe in?

If you believe in hell,you believe in God....sometimes you need to question religion....I.e most religions haave similarities between them,too many different ones...old testament is fiction...etc.

My life wouldn't change.

Back
Top Bottom