How much do dance club owners make?

How much do dance club owners make?
How much you think you'd need to invest into a dance club?

116041044.gif

i thought you wanted to franchise a Metro store?
btw.. i know some people who network w/ lounge/bar owners.. they usually own other properties other than their bar(s)..

idk if that would be too good of a business venture. youd need a good location to start off, probably take many years before you even see some kind of profit

It depends on the location of course

A family member of mine owns a club in Rochester and he makes really good money considering the area

Originally Posted by proper english

i thought you wanted to franchise a Metro store?
btw.. i know some people who network w/ lounge/bar owners.. they usually own other properties other than their bar(s)..
Yea I'm still debating, I have a few other things I want to get into. I'm asking about the club because my boy said we should open a club...

you have to think of it as an investment and not a job.

I know someone that turned a bar into a club that is "theoretically" worth millions now.
I don't know how much he takes home, but he actually has a day job, but selling it is (in the long run) is his main concern.

clubs are money pits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have worked with many club owners and its very hard to "stay current".......plus you have the product cycle of "we are brand new and no one knows us", "wow business is picking up", "we are the coolest place in town" (if you get that far), and then "where did all these d bags come from".....clubs are and should be a unique passion project, you almost need to have other things going on before you try and open a "club"...

but to answer your questions, owners can either barely break even or make millions, depends on your club/clientele/location/amount served......

Its hit or miss. Theres many clubs around that have a new name/ownership every 6 months, then theres some that have been around for years.

this question is way too general

you have to factor in maddddddd $##$#

its pretty hard.

In Atlanta dudes that are really doing it are AG Entertainment and maybe Slim/Plush Blue (sp?). They're probably making tens of thousands a night (AG HASSS to be worth millions) but in major cities you HAVE to have connections. Having celebs that visit the clubs, having current music to connect with up and comers, and just being "that" dude...its really hard
laugh.gif
I don't know how they do it. When you think about it, they are really good at what they do.

guy i know has a spot in college park, md, real close to UMD campus. Opened a couple of years ago, said he (him and his partners) put 2 million into it. said he's had offers for it 20 times that.

Yea I know there is tons of things to factor in

Start-up cost
Promotion
Inventory/Alcohol
Decor
Bartenders
Security
Rent
DJ
Utilities

Is it worth trying?

laugh.gif
way too general - i'll give you the best answer....some make millions and some are in the negative and drowning-

theres alot of factors...if you own a successful club/bar/lounge then your obvious caking...its a license to print money...charge people ridiculous prices to come in - then charge them ridiculous prices for liquor/food...

but you have to get to that status and sometimes it takes several tries...sometimes it hits quick then sizzles...and even less likely it pops off and stays popping for years

its location/promotion/connections/luck

and depending on location startup costs are super high considering the licenses, insurance, bribes ( in most areas) buildings etc

most club owners have their investments spread over several properties to weather the ups and downs...and most are owned by "owner groups"

i read somewhere (forbes, ent, fortune etc) that clubs and restaurants have the highest and most common failure rates

you can open one and have the right celebs mention it and hanging out and you will be all set- or you can open one and have some people get shot the first night and there goes that
In Atlanta dudes that are really doing it are AG Entertainment and maybe Slim/Plush Blue (sp?). They're probably making tens of thousands a night (AG HASSS to be worth millions) but in major cities you HAVE to have connections. Having celebs that visit the clubs, having current music to connect with up and comers, and just being "that" dude...its really hard
laugh.gif
I don't know how they do it. When you think about it, they are really good at what they do.
that's more on the promotion/marketing side - you can own a club and bring in the right people to do this and just sit back and oversee

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

Start-up cost
Promotion
Inventory/Alcohol
Decor
Bartenders
Security
Rent
DJ
Utilities

Is it worth trying?

if you got the money/investors and its what you wanna do, go for it.

any business is a risk

i know my man just started up a restaurant in downtown new haven ct...........i think thats like the hardest to succeed in business wise. restaurants always fail

he knows its risk and its something he really enjoys/wants to do (he doin this buy hisself too, him an his girl gonna be puttin in serious hours too.)

he told me he never wants to let it pass by an have to look back like coulda, woulda, shoulda.............

Originally Posted by richiecotite

guy i know has a spot in college park, md, real close to UMD campus. Opened a couple of years ago, said he (him and his partners) put 2 million into it. said he's had offers for it 20 times that.
You talkin about The Mark on Rt. 1?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Start-up cost
Promotion
Inventory/Alcohol
Decor
Bartenders
Security
Rent
DJ
Utilities

Is it worth trying?

if you got the money/investors and its what you wanna do, go for it.

any business is a risk

i know my man just started up a restaurant in downtown new haven ct...........i think thats like the hardest to succeed in business wise. restaurants always fail

he knows its risk and its something he really enjoys/wants to do (he doin this buy hisself too, him an his girl gonna be puttin in serious hours too.)

he told me he never wants to let it pass by an have to look back like coulda, woulda, shoulda.............
Whats the name of the spot in NH? Im taking some girl out tonight and wanna hit a new place up.

Sounds like something I'd only want to open up after I built up a name doing something else, making everything way easier.

Clothing brands, restaurants, nightclubs, retail stores etc. all seem like fun but risky business ventures which work best when you've got money to spend.

Relying on any of those to make a living is way would be extremely stressful.

Start-up cost
Promotion
Inventory/Alcohol
Decor
Bartenders
Security
Rent
DJ
Utilities

Is it worth trying?

laugh.gif
 You must be stoned

Originally Posted by Kingtre

laugh.gif
way too general - i'll give you the best answer....some make millions and some are in the negative and drowning-

theres alot of factors...if you own a successful club/bar/lounge then your obvious caking...its a license to print money...charge people ridiculous prices to come in - then charge them ridiculous prices for liquor/food...

but you have to get to that status and sometimes it takes several tries...sometimes it hits quick then sizzles...and even less likely it pops off and stays popping for years

its location/promotion/connections/luck

and depending on location startup costs are super high considering the licenses, insurance, bribes ( in most areas) buildings etc

most club owners have their investments spread over several properties to weather the ups and downs...and most are owned by "owner groups"

i read somewhere (forbes, ent, fortune etc) that clubs and restaurants have the highest and most common failure rates

you can open one and have the right celebs mention it and hanging out and you will be all set- or you can open one and have some people get shot the first night and there goes that
laugh.gif
that's more on the promotion/marketing side - you can own a club and bring in the right people to do this and just sit back and oversee

Exactly this.

It's better to put them up in developing college towns make sure they are a party school all you want is to make money off selling drinks. Having a good street team of popular kids at the college to get the word out and of course having myspace/facebook pages for advertising yourselves is also a perk. But the way a friend of mine does it is since he owns popular housing developments near a school he throws an exclusive party at his club for the his residents that helps getting the word out too. Clubs like many have said in this thread can give you buckets of cash or it can put you into the hole pretty deep. I would suggest investing into a club with someone who already has experience in the biz if it's at all possible for you.

Back
Top Bottom