How much do rappers make a show?

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Off topic but I remember doing media at a Mac Miller show in 2010 at a SUPER hole in the wall spot in Suburban VA. Place was in a shopping center. But when I tell you the line was around the block full of white teens I ain't eem lyin. Accoring to the promoter he only booked Mac for 2K.

Fast forward two years and son has his own tour and I hear his rate is like 90-100K.

Hype is something else today...
damn mac miller has a following like that ? wth
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RedMan

There are too many variables to pin point numbers.

Some variables are: the venue, location, length of show, other artist, who you know etc

I believe universities get charged the most.
Bingo. It all depends.

Popularity (#1 factor, which determines everything else)
Venue (city as well)
Night of the week
Length of performance (or number of songs)
Appearance vs. performance
DJ set (cheaper) vs. full performance (much more expensive)

To give an example, back in 2009, LMFAO was about $5,000. Now, you can't get them to perform for less than $50,000, and that's probably a Friday or Saturday night during the off season (non-holiday, September thru April). A DJ set from one of them (and they are AWFUL DJs, btw) runs about half that.

You would think that since this is their money maker they'd be hungry to do shows and wanna fufill obligations and book as many as possible but lets not forget who we're talkin bout
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by Discern

Kanye probably makes around 150-200K a show.

Jay-Z probably makes around 200-300K a show.
Taylor Swifts tour grossed more than the WTT Tour though.
laugh.gif

???? What's that supposed to mean?  Jay-Z has more money then Taylor will ever make...EVER...this is a stupid statement. 
what do you mean what does it mean...it's self explanatory...Jay isn't a rapper...remember?

what matters more making money or making music? That was the whole point of that statement...rap *%%%*% always wanna talk about the money which is why our culture can never become something bigger and better...meanwhile these other pop acts make your big money rap *%%%*% look like chump change...so what are they really saying?

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

You would think that since this is their money maker they'd be hungry to do shows and wanna fufill obligations and book as many as possible but lets not forget who we're talkin bout
laugh.gif

360 deals threw that out the window.

Originally Posted by cs02132

Off topic but I remember doing media at a Mac Miller show in 2010 at a SUPER hole in the wall spot in Suburban VA. Place was in a shopping center. But when I tell you the line was around the block full of white teens I ain't eem lyin. Accoring to the promoter he only booked Mac for 2K.

Fast forward two years and son has his own tour and I hear his rate is like 90-100K.

nerd.gif

Mac Miller had the #1 album in the country... INDEPENDTLY
I enjoy his music alot
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

him being white doesn't hurt either

nerd.gif

Mac is huge among the teeny bopper crowd, has been for the past 2-3 years....those numbers dont surprise me

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

laugh.gif

you can be independent doing 30k per show and EAT ALL YEAR....

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

I want to preface by saying I'm not hating on that. In fact I encourage more artists to be independent and control their brand. But very very FEW artists are making 30K a show and independent. That's why I respect what 2Chainz did. He toured the South away from big cities and could do 5 shows at a club a week for 7K. A lot of new artists just aiming for that big check and that's how they get trapped.

nerd.gif

@#@# it Im bout to start rappin
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chickencurry4eva

nerd.gif

Mac is huge among the teeny bopper crowd, has been for the past 2-3 years....those numbers dont surprise me
Definitely. Somebody posted a pic of one of his shows (and Meek Mill's) in one of those XXL freshmen threads, and you would
swear that Wayne Drake and Nicki were all performing that night.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

I want to preface by saying I'm not hating on that. In fact I encourage more artists to be independent and control their brand. But very very FEW artists are making 30K a show and independent. That's why I respect what 2Chainz did. He toured the South away from big cities and could do 5 shows at a club a week for 7K. A lot of new artists just aiming for that big check and that's how they get trapped.

That's what little buzz rappers like Starlito do now. Rip thru the south, racking 5-7k /show @ like 3-4 shows/week. All indie, all straight to his pocket.

Numbers being thrown out just for the hell of it
laugh.gif

Nah. Id say 10-40k sounds more realistic.

Might be a couple people doing 30k fully independent. A few more making 15k, but 30? dont believe what you hear.

Originally Posted by ciph4

Originally Posted by fly23s

real question is how much does based god make a show?

They were asking for "$15k+ for a show" at the top of 2011 
laugh.gif

i'm gonna present the #basedgod w/ some sacrificial yambs to do a show in my hometown.
how much you think that's worth??

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

A$AP isn't getting 10k everywhere. he's DEFINITELY not getting it for the SLO Brew show and a couple others around Coachella.

The Weeknd probably seeing around 20k. 
Weeknd bigger than A$AP right now?

Back
Top Bottom