How much $$$ do you guys save a month?

Joined Nov 5, 2006
I'm fortunate enough to have a job where I can live  comfortably off of one of my two paychecks a month, so I'm saving ~ $2000 a month ...I have a well-paying job but my whole first year of savings is going into student loans, including the midyear bonus i just got 
.  My girl says that I can be cheap sometimes
but in the sense that I don't ever buy new clothes and such for myself, even if I'll still pay for her meals/tickets.  She got mad cause I went to look at Sperrys, saw that they were cose to $100 and instead got some GBX shoes from sears to wear to work instead
.  Oh well, my goal is to be debt-free by 25.  Unless there's an easily liquidable investment that returns 5% or better, I just wanna get rid of my student debt asap...

Anyone have any tips on stacking? My tip is to set a hard budget and save half of any unexpected money you come across- but the rest is for your to spend on anything you want.  That way you're still able to enjoy yourself-guilt free when some $$ comes your way while still saving more than you think you are.

Joined Dec 11, 2010
just got some advice from the "how to get rich" thread.

made a extra account... named it "Savings"

put 10% of what i had on me ($50)

and will drop ten percent of everything i gain into it.

Joined May 26, 2003
My Student Loans is about 14k and I`m 22, they havent started yet, but I wanna have those knocked out in 2-3 years.

adiosburritos

Banned
Joined Nov 19, 2010
60% of every paycheck is saved

don't understand how people can spend money on random things just to live paycheck to paycheck

Joined Dec 11, 2010
Originally Posted by adiosburritos

don't understand how people can spend money on random things just to live paycheck to paycheck

not calling ducktales on you...

but can you post a screenshot of how much paper you got saved up?

i think this is REALLY amazing.

Joined Feb 5, 2003
Just paid off my student loans,only debt I have is my car insurance that I put on a cc but ill pay it off before. I get charged interest. I pay 6 months at a time. But I need to stop buying anything for a while. I should be able to save one full paycheck/month.

Pathos

formerly retrosan
Joined Dec 15, 2010
Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

not calling ducktales on you...

but can you post a screenshot of how much paper you got saved up?

i think this is REALLY amazing.

i'd like too know as well, do you eliminate splurging?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now