How much $$$ do you guys save a month?

I'm fortunate enough to have a job where I can live  comfortably off of one of my two paychecks a month, so I'm saving ~ $2000 a month ...I have a well-paying job but my whole first year of savings is going into student loans, including the midyear bonus i just got 
ohwell.gif
.  My girl says that I can be cheap sometimes
laugh.gif
but in the sense that I don't ever buy new clothes and such for myself, even if I'll still pay for her meals/tickets.  She got mad cause I went to look at Sperrys, saw that they were cose to $100 and instead got some GBX shoes from sears to wear to work instead
laugh.gif
.  Oh well, my goal is to be debt-free by 25.  Unless there's an easily liquidable investment that returns 5% or better, I just wanna get rid of my student debt asap...

Anyone have any tips on stacking? My tip is to set a hard budget and save half of any unexpected money you come across- but the rest is for your to spend on anything you want.  That way you're still able to enjoy yourself-guilt free when some $$ comes your way while still saving more than you think you are.

just got some advice from the "how to get rich" thread.

made a extra account... named it "Savings"

put 10% of what i had on me ($50)

and will drop ten percent of everything i gain into it.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My Student Loans is about 14k and I`m 22, they havent started yet, but I wanna have those knocked out in 2-3 years.

60% of every paycheck is saved

don't understand how people can spend money on random things just to live paycheck to paycheck

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

don't understand how people can spend money on random things just to live paycheck to paycheck

eek.gif
eek.gif

not calling ducktales on you...

but can you post a screenshot of how much paper you got saved up?

i think this is REALLY amazing.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Just paid off my student loans,only debt I have is my car insurance that I put on a cc but ill pay it off before. I get charged interest. I pay 6 months at a time. But I need to stop buying anything for a while. I should be able to save one full paycheck/month.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

eek.gif
eek.gif

not calling ducktales on you...

but can you post a screenshot of how much paper you got saved up?

i think this is REALLY amazing.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
 i'd like too know as well, do you eliminate splurging?

Back
Top Bottom