HOW MUCH do you love basketball and sneakers?

HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE BASKETBALL AND SNEAKERS? just want to share my story , you can share your own too.

I remember way back in my elementary days. I'm already a big big fan of ALASKA MILK, with the line up of Johnny A, Jolas, Hawkins, Chambers, Cariaso ,Juinio vs the SUNKIST team and they lost in the best of 7 series finals. I was crying the whole night and i dont understand why. I dont have any idea why iwas affected that much since i was just a kid. My big brother caught me crying and was teasing me because he think im "MABABAW". But who cares,that's my favorite team.

I also made a really big mistake just to be able to play basketball.
This was way back in highschool, we have the annual INTRAMURALS in our school. The basketball game is held every end of classes in the afternoon, i rememberthe first day of our Intramurals me and 2 of my teamates skipped class to get our uniform in BOTAK only to find out later that day that we cannot enter theschool and play the game that day because we skipped classes. Being so desperate to play the game, me and my friends sneaked in to the school and was able toplay basketball. We are able to play basketball for like 2 quarters and after that , we found out that one of the school's neighbor saw us climbing thewall and reported it to our school principal. The principal went to the basketball court and had 3 of us in her office. The result, we are suspended for oneweek and was not able to play the intramurals at all that year. Anyway, all of it just for basketball.

not really bro, adrenaline rush was all over me while climbing the wall , i can still remember the feeling.

I love basketball so much that when I had my ACL tear repaired; I started playing like after 2 months, rehab was supposed to be 6. I just couldn't stayaway from the game that long.

Originally Posted by arsure

I love basketball so much that when I had my ACL tear repaired; I started playing like after 2 months, rehab was supposed to be 6. I just couldn't stay away from the game that long.
same thing happened to me. Blew my knee thrice before i quit. even played two games before finally saying goodbye. as for sneakers they make mehappy after a days work.

since playing basketball , i haven't had any serious injury yet. I guess because i play mostly outside.

worst i got was when I blacked out when someone threw an elbow at the back of my head, I would've retaliated, but I was knocked out lol

I remember playing basketball 'til 2AM. Adik!!
happy.gif

And there was this other time when I never had a decent sleep due to some "dusk 'til dawn" drinking session, yet I still played thefollowing sunday morning! 4 whole court games!
laugh.gif

Fondest memory for me was being slap in the face by the opponents coach after i made a basket which turns into a riot. And the other was my teammate was rushby a man carrying an ice pick during the game. Thats the risk when in play in inter-barangay leagues NO HOLDS BARRED
laugh.gif
True stories.

Originally Posted by wytboy55

PARANG hisashi mitsui

laugh.gif

Yup, I love basketball but as MJ left the game, my passion for it declined... But then again, the old love will always be there

fractured nasal cavity
fractured right ankle
torn ACL
fractured left ankle

despite all the injuries, i don't think i'll ever stop playing.

your one tough cookie gameover, Try Dr. Canlas for a hefty price. 150k for ACL operation and rehab. but he is the best in his field.

Tore my ACL, recovered from surgery and rehab, played at least 2 years again it was the best feeling ever even got my hops back..problem is I tore my meniscusin the same damaged knee around 07-08... so goodbye basketball for now

What's love??

Love is getting back on defense despite no stamina and an overweight 250 lb body hehehehe

Thank God I can still play ball up to now though I am already 35 and overweight (bordering obesity hehehehe)

you mean if you injured the same knee with ACL and then later on say, you tear youre meniscus the doctors will advice you to hang it up?

Originally Posted by Flashout01

^did your recovery from those injuries went well? any doctor you can recomend..
Yep. Back to 100%. I went to Dr. Mikey Bengzon from Medical City. I knew a number of people who wento to him and turned out pretty well. Plus, hewas a fellow Atenean so that helped.
laugh.gif
He also heads the FEU-MedicalCity Sports Medicine Clinic.

Originally Posted by jason16

your one tough cookie gameover, Try Dr. Canlas for a hefty price. 150k for ACL operation and rehab. but he is the best in his field.
One tough cookie? Nah, I think I'm just stupid and stubborn.
laugh.gif

He ain't the best anymore. He's bungled one too many surgeries recently (including some of the ex-Ateneo players). I'm sure he's still good buthas fallen of quite a bit recently. Plus, there are a lot of other orthopedic surgeons who are just as good but not as expensive. I'd still recommend goingto his clinic at Moro for rehab though.

i should say he was once the best in the field, he operated my friend 2 years back but the problem with his knee kept on bothering him. although they all itsall in the rehab, need patience. we should change this into the injury thread
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom