How much do you love sports? What are things you've INTENTIONALLY missed b/c of sports?

darthska

Staff member
I want to hear the extent of your passion and love for sports, the kinds of things you've missed because of sports-related events, the kinds of thing youWOULD miss if you had to decide.

I want to hear stories about funerals being missed because of a big game... or even just a regular season game between your team and a rival.

Have you ever passed up sex because of sports? Like during the Super Bowl or something? Or maybe not even championship/playoff games?

Skipped out on a court appearance for a speeding ticket or minor traffic violation because you already had tickets to a game that you'd miss if you showedup in court? Or maybe even a more serious court appearance, and not just a minor traffic violation?

Or have you heard of others having a loyalty to sports that you just couldn't roll with?

Call me 'bored on a weekday morning'. I'm just curious how crazy we all are about sports and our teams.
laugh.gif

Off the top of my head I remember when I was in high school and the Jets played the Phins on that crazy Monday Night game and I didn't do this huge spanishproject. I told teacher I was sick at the beginning of class, but she knew from previous conversations that I'm a huge Jets fan. So near the end of classshe was like did anyone catch that game? Of course I'm like YOOOOO that game was crazy I stayed up all night watching it!!! FAIL
smh.gif

Skipped stuff because of REAL sports, aka my own games or leagues or things of that nature? Tons. Prom, school functions, family events, etc.

Skipped stuff because of pro sports, aka corporate, aka "we're one big commercial with a little sports mixed in," aka we will black you out ifyou dont filll our arena, aka pay $12 for this soda? Never.

numerous classes.

I do not believe I have been in school on Thursday & Friday in the 3rd week of March since I was about 8.

My Aunt's 50th bday party due to an ND game this year.

and I did miss a wedding this year due to Michigan/ND.

A friend of mine is getting married next year, I tod him straight up, do not have it in the Fall. He laughed, I was
indifferent.gif

Any man who gets married on a saturday in the fall, is not a man. Period.

I still wana slap myself for missing G'Town/Florida Sweet 16 in 06 due to a date
grin.gif

I scheduled my families, and my wife's families, Christmas this year around the Lakers/Cavs game.

All presents will be opened by the end of night, Christmas eve.
happy.gif

Nobody is allowed to bother me from 8 AM Sunday, until 9 PM Sunday during the fall and winter. If you call, I will hang up or you will get my voicemail.

When my daughter was born, I celebrated by watching the Lakers v Knicks in the hospital room we were in. It was in March, ie, a regular season game.

If you're wondering, I'm still married because my wife somewhat likes sports, otherwise, I'da been out a looooooong timeago.

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

Off the top of my head I remember when I was in high school and the Jets played the Phins on that crazy Monday Night game and I didn't do this huge spanish project. I told teacher I was sick at the beginning of class, but she knew from previous conversations that I'm a huge Jets fan. So near the end of class she was like did anyone catch that game? Of course I'm like YOOOOO that game was crazy I stayed up all night watching it!!! FAIL
smh.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

^
roll.gif

Since you quoted it, I'm assuming someone else said it, so I have to ask where it's from.
OctobersFinest:
I didn't do this huge spanish project. I told teacher I was sick at the beginning of class... near the end of class she was like did anyone catch that game? Of course I'm like YOOOOO that game was crazy I stayed up all night watching it!!!
That's w'sup.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

CP1708:
All presents will be opened by the end of night, Christmas eve.

When my daughter was born, I celebrated by watching the Lakers v Knicks in the hospital room we were in. It was in March, ie, a regular season game.
Hell yeah.
Al3xis:
I still wana slap myself for missing G'Town/Florida Sweet 16 in 06 due to a date
grin.gif

Oooooooohhh... I blame your sports buddies for letting you commit that crime.
laugh.gif

I definitely have been fronting on Thanksgiving dinner with relatives or my girls family for the last 3 years because I'd rather stay home and eat whilewatching the game. I don't need to do the dinner table thing for any meal
wink.gif

I can't even count how many times I've missed church or begged my fam to go to the early service (yall know black churches be like 4 hours long
indifferent.gif
)

Anniversary with my girl fell on a NFL playoff Sunday one year and it wasn't pretty.
laugh.gif

I've also left someone stranded at the airport for a couple hours because I wasn't trying to miss the end of an Eagles game
smh.gif

I've told this story a couple of times....My girl was flying in from NY a few years back. Her flight landed at 4:00 on a sunday afternoon. I figured thatwould be enough time for the Skins/Jags game to finish (hopefully around 3:50 or so). Well, so happens it went to OT, and that %%*% didn't start till like4:10. Dilemma. Miss OT and listen to the game on the radio, or leave her *@* at the airport????? I chose the latter....well, Skins won on a Brunell to Mossconnection, so I was geeked. I turned my ringer off, and I had missed like 4 calls from her. I hustled out of the house (I live 10 minutes from the airport) atlike 4:20. It was my luck I hit traffic and I didn't get to the airport to pick her up until close to 5:00. She asked me why I didn't pick up the phoneand why I was late, and I didn't have a good reason (to her). Her family got REAL pissed at me because I left her at the airport to what was laterdiscovered....me watching football. It was totally worth it, and I'd do it again.

socially, just being in my room watching (especially during march madness) and literally not doing anything or talking to anyone for a while.

I guess that makes me a loner more than anything. IDK
ohwell.gif

I've missed SO MANY classes just to make it to a Lakers, Dodgers, or Galaxy game. Bombed my midterm this semester to watch the Dodgers playoff game and itwas damn worth it (come from behind win vs cards in 9th). I Always do my school and work schedule based on what sports in season.

Next June I will only work nights and NO SCHOOL period. WC 2010 in the am hours
pimp.gif

^socially would be in my room while all my boys would be getting drunk, once the game is finished i would meet up with them
I would be late(walk in with 10 minutes left) to a few classes during march madness
other than that nothing crazy, i def wouldnt pass up sex for it
im not as bad as i used to be where i had to watch all the games

ehh skipped class multiple times to watch baseball and changed a flight so I wouldn't miss a Vikings game

haven't had to do much. everyone knows i'm unavailable on sundays

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Or have you heard of others having a loyalty to sports that you just couldn't roll with?
gotta dude who's a big UNC fan...he wore something like this to our boy's wedding.

url

indifferent.gif

Surely there are some who have had sex while a game is on in the background. Halftime? Etc.
nerd.gif

I don't think anybody would pass sex up for a game though. I don't see that happenin.

CP1708:
Surely there are some who have had sex while a game is on in the background. Halftime? Etc.
nerd.gif

True story: When I was married, my son's mom wanted to get busy during Game 1 of the Sixers/Lakers Finals game right after we got done goingout to eat and watching a movie. Pulled into a rest stop on the interstate, handled business, missed the entire first half of the game.

Y'all remember how that game turned out for us, Laker fans?
laugh.gif
THAT'S why I have the superstitions I do: because THEY'RE REAL. We lost that game because I could have been watching it but wasn't.

So she gets hot and bothered during gametime, Game 5. No lie... I told her I wasn't leaving the room.

What do y'all think happened?
laugh.gif

Type corny? Hell yeah. But I'm not the only one; I'm just the first to break the ice in the thread and throw myself out there. Who's next?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

CP1708:
I don't think anybody would pass sex up for a game though. I don't see that happenin.
Done this before, too.
laugh.gif

There are times when I pass up sex after a game because I'm so damn pissed with how the game ended. Just want to drink a beer and stare at a wall orsomething.

i missed my 8th grade graduation to watch the bulls blow out the jazz in the finals (true story)

Chester the Cheetah:
Hell, I've got one better - my wife ducked out on a baby shower for the Colts/Pats game last season.
SHE... is a KEEPER!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom