How much do you love sports? What are things you've INTENTIONALLY missed b/c of sports?

I missed class to go see the Yankees WS Parade thats pretty much it. I dont really have many opportunities to attend games. Hell I dont even have the YESNetwork anymore.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

There are times when I pass up sex after a game because I'm so damn pissed with how the game ended. Just want to drink a beer and stare at a wall or something.
#+*# that...that's the best time. Louisville beat us one game, and i was dating a Louisville cheerleader at the time...i made her put hercheerleading uniform on.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

i just spent $400 on UK/UL tickets for january 2nd...but, i really, really need to buy a new stove...does that count?

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

i just spent $400 on UK/UL tickets for january 2nd...but, i really, really need to buy a new stove...does that count?
*Nods*

That counts

Bailed out on numerous first dates because the Knicks were playing. Also, cut dates short because I wanted to catch the Knicks as well.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Chester the Cheetah:
Hell, I've got one better - my wife ducked out on a baby shower for the Colts/Pats game last season.
SHE... is a KEEPER!
laugh.gif

Tell me about it... the only sport she doesn't like watching is baseball (but we play in our work co-ed softball leagues, go figure).

There's no better feeling than coming home after work to a hot meal, basketball on, and your wife screaming at the refs.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I've told this story a couple of times....My girl was flying in from NY a few years back. Her flight landed at 4:00 on a sunday afternoon. I figured that would be enough time for the Skins/Jags game to finish (hopefully around 3:50 or so). Well, so happens it went to OT, and that %%*% didn't start till like 4:10. Dilemma. Miss OT and listen to the game on the radio, or leave her *@* at the airport????? I chose the latter....well, Skins won on a Brunell to Moss connection, so I was geeked. I turned my ringer off, and I had missed like 4 calls from her. I hustled out of the house (I live 10 minutes from the airport) at like 4:20. It was my luck I hit traffic and I didn't get to the airport to pick her up until close to 5:00. She asked me why I didn't pick up the phone and why I was late, and I didn't have a good reason (to her). Her family got REAL pissed at me because I left her at the airport to what was later discovered....me watching football. It was totally worth it, and I'd do it again.

I applaud you sir.

Well, tonight, I'm going to the Bulls/Lakers game at the United Center instead of a work function...

My wedding was on the day that game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals would've been on if the Pens won game 6 to force 7 against the Wings 2 years ago. I hadcontacted the reception hall already and was going with it on the big projection screen if it occurred. Fortunately (?) the Wings won it in 6. Wife had no idea

As for sex, maybe my wife is watching a lot of games cause she always passes up the chance. Hm...

Originally Posted by CP1708

I don't think anybody would pass sex up for a game though. I don't see that happenin.
*raises hand*

2002 semifinals against the spurs game 4...it was my ex's bday and i took to her to a sushi bar (made sure we went to a spot with a TV)...although it washer bday my attention was 98% on the game and 2% was on her...she was buzzed and i knew she wanted it for her bday because she kept rubbing my leg but i justkept brushing her off she finally had it and since i drove she called her mom to her pick up...to make the long story short kobes game winning rebound and putback to put us in a 3-1 series lead was the only excitement i had that night...oh yehh we broke up a 2 weeks later
ohwell.gif

although..............i did have a bit of redemption last year when we played the warriors here in the bay...this girl who i went to the game with is also ahuge Laker fan and shes def not bad looking either (i hooked up some of the NT heads here with a pic of ol' girl)...before the game we drank a little bitin the car and we got really cuddly during the 1st half and it was a close game after at halftime i think we were up by 6 or something...despite spending $75each on the tickets and being huge Laker fans...we decided to leave at halftime to do it
devil.gif
...afterwards we caught the end of the game at applebees...we won btw
pimp.gif

Hmmmmmm, so you left at halftime, had sex, then went to applebees and the game was still on?

orly? Quckie in the whip or something?
laugh.gif

i dont even know where to begin ... the most recent would probably be me ripping off my heart monitor and taking my iv out in the hospital just so the nurseswould come to my room urgently so i could tell them i need to get the %$+# out cuz the cowboys play @4 ...

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Any man who gets married on a saturday in the fall, is not a man. Period.

THIS

I skipped my cousins wedding/stayed in the hotel to watch the Michigan/Ohio State game in '06 (#1 vs. #2, winner goes to the MNC).

All I had on my mind at the reception was the helmet to helmet hit call on Shawn Crable that cost us the game.
mad.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I've told this story a couple of times....My girl was flying in from NY a few years back. Her flight landed at 4:00 on a sunday afternoon. I figured that would be enough time for the Skins/Jags game to finish (hopefully around 3:50 or so). Well, so happens it went to OT, and that %%*% didn't start till like 4:10. Dilemma. Miss OT and listen to the game on the radio, or leave her *@* at the airport????? I chose the latter....well, Skins won on a Brunell to Moss connection, so I was geeked. I turned my ringer off, and I had missed like 4 calls from her. I hustled out of the house (I live 10 minutes from the airport) at like 4:20. It was my luck I hit traffic and I didn't get to the airport to pick her up until close to 5:00. She asked me why I didn't pick up the phone and why I was late, and I didn't have a good reason (to her). Her family got REAL pissed at me because I left her at the airport to what was later discovered....me watching football. It was totally worth it, and I'd do it again.

roll.gif

There are times when I pass up sex after a game because I'm so damn pissed with how the game ended. Just want to drink a beer and stare at a wall or something.

This. Especially if Duke loses to UNC or the Bulls lose to the Knicks. I'll come in the room say good night as I enter and just lie in the bed replayingvarious !@!# ups in my head totally ignoring anything she's saying. Its gotten to the point where she just kisses me on the cheek and rolls over whileI'm fuming.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Any man who gets married on a saturday in the fall, is not a man. Period.

THIS

I skipped my cousins wedding/stayed in the hotel to watch the Michigan/Ohio State game in '06 (#1 vs. #2, winner goes to the MNC).

All I had on my mind at the reception was the helmet to helmet hit call on Shawn Crable that cost us the game.
mad.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Definitely was a late hit, not a head to head.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

This. Especially if Duke loses to UNC or the Bulls lose to the Knicks. I'll come in the room say good night as I enter and just lie in the bed replaying various !@!# ups in my head totally ignoring anything she's saying. Its gotten to the point where she just kisses me on the cheek and rolls over while I'm fuming.
I feel you, but when my squad wins a game I throw on the shades with a big smirk on my face ala Justin Slayer.
glasses.gif

i missed a trip to costa rica to visit my aunt for thanksgiving so that i could try out for the basketball team freshmen year in HS smh

Back
Top Bottom