How much do you love sports? What are things you've INTENTIONALLY missed b/c of sports?

When i was 16 i worked at Kmart and had to be at work at 2:30 and didnt get off until 11, the Michigan-Ohio State game came on at 3:30 that day and i told mymom i was gonna call

off so i could watch the game... She looked at me like i was stupid and cussed me out on the ride to work...Man i was pissed... but when i got there they hadthe tv's on in the

electronics section so i was good

23ska909red02:
Bigmike23:
Any man who gets married on a saturday in the fall, is not a man. Period.

roll.gif

Since you quoted it, I'm assuming someone else said it, so I have to ask where it's from.
My bad. Didn't see that Al3xis said it.
laugh.gif

luckily i never have %%#% to do..or anywhere to be, so i don't get the opportunity much. i regularly don't do the dishes to watch football though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Any man who gets married on a saturday in the fall, is not a man. Period.

THIS

I skipped my cousins wedding/stayed in the hotel to watch the Michigan/Ohio State game in '06 (#1 vs. #2, winner goes to the MNC).

All I had on my mind at the reception was the helmet to helmet hit call on Shawn Crable that cost us the game.
mad.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Definitely was a late hit, not a head to head.

It was helmet to helmet bro:

smh.gif
smh.gif
...there was NO need to really hit him either. The throw was WAY off.

Well the most recent thing....I work at a grocery store while i was in college...so the beginning of this semester I told my boss I have an online class soduring the week I have to be out by 8pm...I did this because I knew the Yanks were in the playoffs and all the games start at 8....Well this dude asks me toshow him my schedule...so it was too late to register online so I had to go on campus and get an override to get into an online class...I printed out myschedule and showed it to him...I forgot all about it and I got an e-mail from the professor asking why I missed the first test...I was like "damnit!"....It was too late to drop so I had to get a W for it.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
.....It was worth it though
pimp.gif

I'm always late to family functions on Sunday because I know I won't be able to watch the game

mad.gif
@ the old people who want to watch chinese movies that I don'tunderstand and have the worst fighting scenes ever.
mad.gif
@ my younger cousins who want to watch Zach and Cody

and the one that I did happen to have the tv at my cousins house I completely forgot it was dinner time
mad.gif
@ cold food and no prime rib left

every christmas my family would go out and eat at this foreign restaurant that stays open on christmas. I miss every single one of them to watch laker game

Im already getting %%## because I told my family that everybody needs to be done with all their Christmas %%## and out of my house by tipoff for the Lakersgame!

All-Star Weekend keeps falling on or around Valentine's Day. That is a problem every year.

My girl better be content with staying at home that Saturday.
laugh.gif

I've never been to one of my school's own football games because I'm glued to the TV every single saturday during college football season.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

There are times when I pass up sex after a game because I'm so damn pissed with how the game ended. Just want to drink a beer and stare at a wall or something.

This. Especially if Duke loses to UNC or the Bulls lose to the Knicks. I'll come in the room say good night as I enter and just lie in the bed replaying various !@!# ups in my head totally ignoring anything she's saying. Its gotten to the point where she just kisses me on the cheek and rolls over while I'm fuming.
I feel you, but when my squad wins a game I throw on the shades with a big smirk on my face ala Justin Slayer.
glasses.gif
laugh.gif

Had the ex over at the house , the yankees were playing the saux . Around maybe like 10 or so she says she getting tired she wants to beat before she goes tosleep . The fames wasnt ay where near dome . hmmm sex the ex or watch the game . She went to bed upset .

My dad was flying in to LA and was going to be staying for one day. My family was going to be driving down to see him since we hadn't seen him in a fewyears. Only problem is that they were going to be driving down from Sacramento during the 49ers/Giants wildcard game in 02. I stayed home and didn't get achance to see him...Couldn't miss the game.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Hmmmmmm, so you left at halftime, had sex, then went to applebees and the game was still on?

orly? Quckie in the whip or something?
laugh.gif

we caught the game with 3 minutes left in the game
nerd.gif

I have missed important stuff, but I also broke up with my girl..she was "the girl"..damn.

dumb +$@$% thought she could talk trash bout my team.

Missed work for Barcelona's game vs. Real Madrid and I'll be calling in sick all through the world cup too

Back
Top Bottom