How much do you pay for your haircut? (IG barbers going crazy)

$25…. I just give him a $50 for me and my kid

I've going to the same Chinese lady for like 20 years. Her fade is on point, and get a finger length trim up top. Don''t need a crisp lineup or anything. I'm Mexican so I stopped getting lined up in my early 20s because I dont want that Edgar/Anuel AA look, gotta look respectable. Only black dudes can pull off that off as adults. Her haircuts are 14 but I give her 25-30.
I'm in the same boat. got lined up in HS and some bit after but never went back. Then I became frugal and decided I wasn't gonna pay anymore and do it myself:lol:. Whole lotta trial and error went thru perfecting it but what helped info wise was when my mom immigrated to America her first trade was salon/haircut work so it was easy transition.

And just like that just gave myself a clean fade and lined up my beard for the weekend. Only cost me time and electricity.

Been a free agent for a minute when it comes to haircuts.

Was going to the same lady for a few years. She did a good job, but once the pandemic started she went from asking me questions about what was going on in the hospital I was at to eventually bouncing all of her dumb conspiracy theories off of me. I tried to politely disagree and counter her with my experiences working in critical care, but as time went on she got more aggressive and unreasonable. It got to the point where I decided she wasn’t worth the headache anymore. Months later the salon was involved in some minor controversy due to making some Anti-LGBTQ+/“groomer” posts on social media.

Ever since I’ve been shopping around. Each new place did a decent enough job, but didn’t cater to my demands in a satisfactory manner. The hunt continues.
The phrase: “Cater to my demands” immediately had me thinking about the food thread :lol:

i travel alot. No matter where, prices are just up on everything. In the Big major popular cities, its anywhere from $40 to $60. Smaller cities and States, $25 to $40. The lowest prices being for edge ups and shape ups and nothing else lol. Im thinking that in the next couple of months going forward that alot of barbers might start lowering their prices, because of the economy, inflation, recession etc.

I only go once every month or two months, and I maintain in between time by edging myself up, and cutting my hair low every week. Even though I can afford it, im not paying $40 to $50 every week or every two weeks like i use to. I come from the $10 to $20 era from many years ago, and I never enjoyed the $25+ rate that started up around 15 to 20 years ago at all.

Please learn how to cut your own hair. In the same time it takes to drive to the shop,you can cut your hair.

$30 flat, we have been good friends for 6-7 years now. I’ll be bald in a few years anyway so I’ll save on the back end

My barber started charging $40 from $25. Might look around for a new one, but she's been cutting my hair for like 12 years so she knows what I like and listens to any input.

$30 for a low fade and scissor trim up top, takes about 30min. Go every 2 weeks, 3 if I’m staying home. I don’t even tip after all these price raising.

My coworker goes to the same shop as me but sits with the owner who charges $50 and he goes weekly :lol:

I just cut my hair myself 1 all around and line it up every 2 weeks with an andis fademaster clippers I bought from amazon. Im not dropping 30 bucks for a haircut when I can do it myself.

Used to be $15 (tips included) every 2 weeks with my old hairstyle (pompadour / side part / fade).

During the pandemic, she raised her price to $20. I give her $30. My hairstyle now is different and longer. I go once a month.

Had her since I was 13.

She would probably charge $40 now for a men's haircut for new customers. And over $150 at least for women's.

Barber charges 30 ... I give em 40 cause he brings me back to life .. 😂

15 for my son but I give him 20....

My son get haircuts every other month.. 😂 I shape myself up in between cuts so I don't do shape-ups unless I'm going on a date 🤷🏽‍♂️

My barber charges $30 for just the sides/back and $50 for a full on haircut. I tip her $10. Depending on her availability, sometimes I go twice a month or once. I keep the top long, so I’ll only do the full haircut like once every 3-4 months.

Been paying $10 plus tip since I been going to a barber college.

Last go around, I paid close to $70 since I’m getting my hair braided now.

50 for braids, 10 for lineup, and 10 in tips.

Back
Top Bottom