How much do you pay for your haircut? (IG barbers going crazy)

Been with my barber for years now. I’ve seen his prices creep up. I give him $40 which includes the tip, I go once a month

I go about twice a month.

Been seeing the same barber for maybe 7-8 years.

20 for a tape-up. He doesn't touch the top. Basically just the sides and back with a line-up

Damn y'all dudes in the States be getting taxed.

Barbers over here usually charge $10 - $12 for haircuts.

The barber I've been going to for years raised her price to $20 after shops reopened during the pandemic.

I get a similar cut shown in second IG post in the OP (clean shave and beard shapeup), so when they dropped that $300 price tag I was like

ezgif-7-00a9d4b6dee2-gif.2759933

I do memba paying $20+ for haircuts when I was going to school in the ATL over 10 years ago.

I've been paying $40 for a few years now.

This Dominican cat in Brooklyn off of Fulton.

Usually get a skin taper and low ceaser, but for the new year been doing the low skin fade.

They raised the prices for Christmas to almost $100, but I usually give that for the year end anyway. But, they didn't even warn me.

Back when I was living around the way it was $10, then $20-$25, then COVID happened and prices went up.

I was upset I was paying $40, but after seeing what some of you guys are paying I should be grateful.

Who is going to be the first barber to set up a subscription service plan?

:nerd:

Brb going to barber school

my old barber had a deal for like $1000 a year. This was back in like 2018/2019. He was chargin like 50 for a cut back then. So if you do the numbers you actually woulda been saving some bread if you got cut 2x a month. And it was like a VIP situation you basically come in even if you didnt book and you would get squeezed in. Not sure how successful it was because it was featured for like 2 years then he took it down so I doubt ppl locked in with it.

Known my barber since high school giving me cuts in the garage for $5 back then. Now he's at a boujie shop where they cut nfl players as their private clients. Their baseline charge is $70+ and goes up depending what hair style you go with. I pay him cash $40 and sometimes he doesn't even want my money. Shiet i can prolly get away with it with just a handshake lol.

Smelling like broke in here

Look, I get it- parting with ~$40 every few weeks sucks especially when it used to cost less but I remember my pops throwing my barber a 20 when I was a youngin. We really expect the cost to stay flat forever? :lol:

You're used to getting taxed. Cuts were $10 my whole childhood, I don't think it got to $20 for me until about 2019.

$20 easy....$30 that's fine...$40 is pushing it unless you're nice with it. Once you top $40, I better be in the chair ON TIME, leaving with zero welps, and the line should be perfect. If it's a penny more and the cut isn't perfect you're taxing.

You're used to getting taxed. Cuts were $10 my whole childhood, I don't think it got to $20 for me until about 2019.

$20 easy....$30 that's fine...$40 is pushing it unless you're nice with it. Once you top $40, I better be in the chair ON TIME, leaving with zero welps, and the line should be perfect. If it's a penny more and the cut isn't perfect you're taxing.
Naw bro you either from the stix or your'e in the hood where you're inundated with black market barbers that bring the rate down.

My cuts as a kid were roughly 14-15 dollars so with tip that was 20.

Naw bro you either from the stix or your'e in the hood where you're inundated with black market barbers that bring the rate down.

My cuts as a kid were roughly 14-15 dollars so with tip that was 20.

I've never gotten a cut from a unlicensed barber that wasn't in a shop. Only way you were paying that much for a cut prior to these past few years was if you lived in NYC or LA.

We weren't paying those nut prices in the south.

Facts. With a certain price point comes certain expectations. If they wanna set these high prices then every time I come out the chair I need to be impressed.

$20 for a kids cut back in the day. :lol: guy been getting ripped off

Tried out a new barber last week and I walked out lookin like a cartoon character. Wayyyy too much enhancements, even when I told em to chill on it. Went home and took a shower and once all that bull**** washed away I was able to see it was actually a solid cut. Think he was tryin too hard to impress since I was a new client.

Back
Top Bottom