How much do you spend a month?

Originally Posted by Bandit Country

Air Spider, you in NY? 510 a month on the garage is a little under Madison Ave prices.

Yup in Manhattan. Chelsea specifically.

I park in 111 8th Ave (building Google bought a while back)

Originally Posted by datdude0903

question to those of you guys living in the more expensive Manhattan areas; what are your reasons for not moving a bit uptown or just over the bk bridge for a bit cheaper rent?
not hatin on ya lifestyles, you guys can obviously manage to live there, just curious to see ya personal preferences.

Only reason is because I own the Apt. If I had to pay rent, I would prob have bought something in Dumbo.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNNNN... i dont even make 5k a month..
30t6p3b.gif

#poor
frown.gif

it would probably be better to ask how much disposable income we have at the end of the month since everyones salaries and lifestyles differ. 

But i would say

$550 - rent +utilities

$22 - gym

$500 - food

$15 - internet

$2 - phone 
laugh.gif

$50 - transportation

$30 - dog

$30 - beer 

I was spending $2,000-$2,500 a month on Rent, Electricity, Gas, Food, Car and Car Insurance. I'm moving back in with my Mom this week so I'll be able to save up a lot of money. I seriously wish I could just live at home and save up for the next 10 years.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

$300/rent(live with 3 other people)
$100 - groceries
$200 - car payment
$160 - car insurance
$75 - cell

Prolly another $200 on social %$+!.

Smh at 5K/month. That's crazy. Cost of living is differnt every where though..

Originally Posted by wcghost

Rent: $275
Healthcare: $80
Gas: $200
Food: $100
Useless crap: ~$100

TOTAL: ~$750/month
info on living conditions cause i know the east bay is cheap but that's just crazy

Originally Posted by jaywalkinsince91

info on living conditions cause i know the east bay is cheap but that's just crazy
I'd assume he lives with multiple people or is kicking some dough out to his folks? 
nerd.gif
  I wish on everything I had the bills this dude does monthly. 
frown.gif
 'Useless crap' for me would be $100+ bar tabs and that is liable to happen 3-4 times a week 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by NaturalyLight

how ya'll spend 200 a month on groceries? I spend like 150 every week on groceries and I eat out 5-10 times a week. I am failing at this food consuming game haha.
Agreed.

Spending $150 a month a groceries? That's impossible unless you don't eat. Hell, groceries cost, at minimum, $100 every 10 days or so.

Rent: $550
Gas: $350 (between me and wife's cars)
Groceries, Food, Restaurants: $300
Electric: $95
Cable/Internet: $95
Water: $60
Car Payment (one car, other's paid for): $250

= $1,700.

+ Shoes ($500) = $2,200.

Need to save more.

Rent - 400
College loans - 1300
cable - 100
Gas/electirc - 100
groceries - 200
entertainment - 300
gym - 44
toll - 25
gas - 350
Cell phone - 90

Total monthly spent = $2,909

Originally Posted by NaturalyLight

Originally Posted by jaywalkinsince91

I'd assume he lives with multiple people or is kicking some dough out to his folks? 
nerd.gif
  I wish on everything I had the bills this dude does monthly. 
frown.gif
 'Useless crap' for me would be $100+ bar tabs and that is liable to happen 3-4 times a week 
tired.gif

what do you do if you dont mind my asking? 

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

2700 a month? what do you do for work if you dont mind me asking

IR Consulting, but I saved up a lot in college from working over the summers and living at home. Thank goodness the nightlife scene at school (Syracuse) was very inexpensive to go out. A drink at the bar was $2-3 and I lived with 6 other people so if we wanted to pregame one/two bottles for us to drink was 5-10$ each.

Originally Posted by datdude0903

question to those of you guys living in the more expensive Manhattan areas; what are your reasons for not moving a bit uptown or just over the bk bridge for a bit cheaper rent?
not hatin on ya lifestyles, you guys can obviously manage to live there, just curious to see ya personal preferences.

Anywhere I really looked for a studio was 2000-2200+.Bklyn isn't as cheap as everyone thinks.Not a lot of younger people uptown, and where I live is the in between territory before it gets much older.

Back
Top Bottom